• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Have you had the vaccine yet?

Years
    Greetings. Yesterday the Milotic received a covid vaccination. I was given the first part of the pfizer, and am scheduled for the second dose mid June.

Are you partially or fully vaccinated right now? If so, when did it happen? If not, is a vaccine coming up in your future? Or do you hope/intend to have one if resources are available?

For those of us who have taken a shot, how'd it go? Was it simple, much pain or any side effects?

My immune system isn't liking it too much. I started feeling a little tired right after taking the vaccine, but was prepared for that, and had a loved one drive me to and from the appointment. I immediately felt some sting at the injection site, and as the day and night went on my upper arm really felt sore, like I had pulled a muscle. It's kinda throbbing, and I can't lift my arm totally, and lifting it at all feels very strained. I have had tetanus shots before, and it feels something like this. My dad said take tylenol, and mom even gave me one of her muscle relaxers for it, but it didn't do much good, I feel about the same.

It wasn't just the muscle pain though. I felt some abdominal and chest pain too, and last night was feeling warm and feverish, and getting chills, but not feeling that right now, so that's good. From what I have heard this is fairly common within the first 72 hours of taking the vaccine. What's concerning me a little is that I was coughing, experiencing a sore throat and congestion, but that may just be allergies, and it's stopping, so I doubt I have been infected, but it's been a more eventful 24 hours than I expected. I wonder how round 2 will go?

What is your vaccine experience?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I got the first Moderna shot towards the beginning of the month and will be getting my second one the 9th of June.

I felt everything a lot sooner than my friend did and we got them at the same time. I was extremely tired the rest of the day. I felt like someone hauled off and slugged me right in the arm. For the most part it was all in the left side from the neck to my upper back and my whole arm hurt. I felt like I didn't have much strength in my arm which is why I always get shots and blood draws in my non-dominant arm. Other than that I was pretty good. I worry more about this second one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I had my 2nd dose 3 weeks ago. Had pretty no much no reaction to the first one, just the tiniest bit of soreness around the injection site. Second shot resulted in some degree of pain in both my arms and my upper and lower back over the course of three days (though not in all those places at the same time). Felt slightly tired and sick the day after the second dose too.

Years
    I've had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

I had a pretty bad reaction to the first one, and had to stay behind a little after everyone else left. My arm was pretty much unusable for about a week too. I'm glad I chose my left arm (I'm right handed) so I could still do things.

The second dose affected me even more. The doctors wouldn't let me leave for a long time afterwards, and when I was finally allowed to go, I had to be helped out. I also had terrible fevers for the next couple of nights, but even though the symptoms were more severe, I think I recovered faster after the second one than the first. My arm was also not quite as sore the second time around.

None of this surprised me much tbh, I have a suppressed immune system, due illness and some pretty severe medication. Even the flu jab makes me ill. It's worth it in the end though :)

My partner has had one dose of AZ so far. No real side effects for her thankfully 😊

I hope those of you that felt / feel ill, recover really quickly <3

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nope. Didn't get the jab, never going to get the jab.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I expect to get my first shot by early July, at the rate supply in the EU is expected to go. Spain is making sure to give their second shot to as many older people as possible and uptake on >60s was massive (over 95% of them have taken their first shot) so we're still on 50-59s and waiting for a massive influx of vaccines this coming month to speed things up.

Years
    Fully vaccinated with the Moderna one. Really had no side effects that interrupted my daily life. I had a very low key soreness around the area the second dose was inserted, but it really didn't bother me at all.

pkmin3033

I had my first dose back in January, and my second dose last month - I had to wait the full 12 weeks between doses, but considering people of my age are only just now getting it offered to them I'm extremely grateful to my workplace for getting it to me so early. I work for a frontline social care company that would be classed as an essential service (we provide alarm monitoring systems for the elderly and vulnerable) but I work in finance, so I wasn't sure if I'd be included. But my manager told me to get it, and I was expected, so I did. I had the Pfizer vaccine.

The day after my first dose I had an absolutely horrific migraine; way beyond what I typically experience. I booked the day after off for my second in anticipation of another one and was fine...until the afternoon. Then I had chills, got extremely light headed, and generally felt like I was slowly being carved up inside. But I woke up fine the next morning. Weird.

Years
    I got the Pfizer vaccine! First dose on March 6th, and second on March 27th.

After my first dose I had pain around the injection site that went away the next day, and then the second shot partially knocked me out. I had body aches after a few hours of the second shot, as well as chills overnight and a low-grade fever the next day. Those symptoms lingered into Sunday, and were completely gone by Monday.

Years
    Nope, the UK is giving out vaccines based on how at-risk you are. Since I'm in my mid 20s and have no underlying health conditions I'm not supposed to book an appointment yet.
    At the time of posting though it's 30+ for people with no underlying health conditions (or caring for those with heath conditions), so hopefully I'll be able to get a jab soon! 😁

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Nope and things are very much up in the air. Supposedly the prioritization is being dropped at the end of the month. But considering how summer is coming and people really want to go on vacation all the while the vaccine is still limited; I don't know when it will happen. Well, if they stick to what they said "everyone will get an offer until September."

We'll see what happens. But I'm glad that you people got a shot, especially those that need it! :)

Years
    I got the Pfizer vaccine in April, no major issues, aside from apparently unknowingly having COVID when I received the vaccine. That was an unpleasant surprise.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I got my second shot on May 8th.

Getting the needle was the worst part for me. My brain just decided "it's time to have anxiety" as soon as I sat down. My heart rate shot up and my face was getting flushed. Luckily the person giving the shot recognized what was happening to me.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

I don't trust it. It skipped trials and came out in less than a year. I'm not going to get a shot for a virus that has a less than 1% chance of actually killing me.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I haven't got the shot yet but Saskatchewan has an extremely clear and transparent plan so I will get it once the pharmacy that stocks Pfizer is available. I have done a lot of research about this so I am not making a blind decision getting it, which makes me feel better choosing to get vaccinated.

I cannot handle pain well so we will see what happens after I get it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't trust it. It skipped trials and came out in less than a year. I'm not going to get a shot for a virus that has a less than 1% chance of actually killing me.
    I'm not gonna tell you to go get it since I can understand mistrust in the covid vaccines, though I will say that we don't get vaccines just for ourselves.

I don't really care if covid-19 kills me, I don't have much interest in living a long life, but the reason I got it myself is so I don't potentially spread it to other people, some of whom might have a much higher chance of dying or getting long-term health issues from it.

Years
    I don't trust it. It skipped trials and came out in less than a year.
    While I respect your decision to not get inoculated at this time, let me ask you this: were you ever vaccinated from the 2009 H1N1 (swine flu) pandemic? It was first reported in early 2009, widespread in my country by May 2009, and I was vaccinated for it in October 2009. Timeline shouldn't be a determining factor in not getting a shot.

Also, where have you heard that trials have been skipped? No country would be approving any vaccine at all if no trials were conducted.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm not gonna tell you to go get it since I can understand mistrust in the covid vaccines, though I will say that we don't get vaccines just for ourselves.

I don't really care if covid-19 kills me, I don't have much interest in living a long life, but the reason I got it myself is so I don't potentially spread it to other people, some of whom might have a much higher chance of dying or getting long-term health issues from it.

Indeed, Covid can kill you. So can one of these vaccines. So can riding in a car. So can going down the stairs. My body, my choice, as they say. But I don't have to justify my decision to anyone, like you don't have to, either.

Back