• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you read a pokémon manga, yes or no?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since the manga subforum was removed due to lack of activity, it seems there just aren't any pokémon manga readers on PC. That might be the case. It might also be so that those who read the manga just didn't feel like posting there.

I just want to know if you have ever read any pokémon manga. So reply even if you haven't!

If you have, what mangas have you read?

If you haven't, why not?​

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I have read Pokemon manga, yes.

PokeSpec was the first one I read since back then it seemed like the main one out of the lot, and because I thought having the game protagonists as the actual protagonists of the manga was awesome. I've read all the arcs from R/B/G all the way to the D/P/P arc, but kinda strayed from the Platina and the Battle Frontier arc as I kinda started to get bored, really. I tried reading the B/W arc but I couldn't find the right chapters anywhere in the internet :c

Other Pokemon mangas I've kinda read are ReBurst, which I REALLY want to read more of but there seems to be a huge jump in chapters wherever I look, and I've also seen a few chapters of The Electric Tales of Pikachu, which I found hilarious. Females are also portrayed quite... weird there in terms of art style for something Pokemon lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have read Pokemon manga, yes.

PokeSpec was the first one I read since back then it seemed like the main one out of the lot, and because I thought having the game protagonists as the actual protagonists of the manga was awesome. I've read all the arcs from R/B/G all the way to the D/P/P arc, but kinda strayed from the Platina and the Battle Frontier arc as I kinda started to get bored, really. I tried reading the B/W arc but I couldn't find the right chapters anywhere in the internet :c
    Yeah, after D/P/P the chapters become a bit jumbled. I didn't quite enjoy the battle frontier arc either, it mostly felt like a filler to get Giratina in somehow. They should have made up some more original ideas and made the arc longer, like they did with the Yellow arc!

Other Pokemon mangas I've kinda read are ReBurst, which I REALLY want to read more of but there seems to be a huge jump in chapters wherever I look, and I've also seen a few chapters of The Electric Tales of Pikachu, which I found hilarious. Females are also portrayed quite... weird there in terms of art style for something Pokemon lol.
    That's often the problem with pokémon manga :/ that they are so sporadically released/translated in English. At least VIZ has taken up on some titles now, but sadly most of it is Pokémon Adventures or anime movie adaptations (so backwards!). https://www.viz.com/search?search=pokemon

I've read manga. Obviously :3 I've read up until HG/SS and a few chapters of that, in Pokémon Special (Adventures). I've also read some of Electric Tale of Pikachu and RéBURST and some others. They really should translate RéBURST officially, because it's an amazing concept. Someone should bug the Pokémon Company to make a RéBURST video game ^^

So now there's two manga readers here, apparently haha.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
    Years
  • I did read some PokéSpe until the last volume of the Yellow arc about half a year ago but then I kinda forgot about it. I really did like the story though, maybe I need to start reading some more soon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've not read any Pokémon manga :<

I feel like I'm stuck in my ways with anime, there are only a few manga I pay attention to anyway.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've not read any Pokémon manga :<

I feel like I'm stuck in my ways with anime, there are only a few manga I pay attention to anyway.
    Basically this. I've been wanting to read the manga from time to time but I've never gotten round to it. i wouldn't know where to start reading or how to find them, or even which to read haha. It's something I aim to do when I get some more free time, but for now it's not a big priority over the anime/games.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've read the Pokemon Adventures manga (the Chuang Yi versions). I have all of the Kanto series and some of the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh series. I don't know if Chuang Yi did the Unova series yet.

Years
  • I have read Pokemon Special up to the first few chapters of D/P because at that point, I was pretty much waiting for the chapters to come out. But then I totally forgot about it... for years xP I also read the first few chapters of Electric Tale of Pikachu, it was pretty funny and sadly I couldn't find much more than that... anywhere at all it seems. I also once read a manga that was like... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the MC gets turned into a Torchic, I found it at my library but I don't remember it that well.
    I really liked Pokemon Special... I might reread it sometime so I remember more about it. I thought every single main character was great.

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Read the Pokémon Adventures/PokeSpe manga until the middle of the D/P arc, and stopped reading for a while...Might continue it some other time in near future.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I haven't read one word of the Pokémon manga, or any other manga for that matter. I don't have anything against the Pokémon manga, I just never got around to reading any of then. Maybe I'll read it someday.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • No, I haven't. A manga is pretty much a comic book to me, and I don't like comic books so I just figured I wouldn't like the Japanese version either.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • The only Pokémon manga I've read is the Pokemon Adventures Red & Blue set, all 7 volumes. :P I'm not sure if this applies to all the other sets in the Adventures manga, but I like how it's a lot more descriptive and graphic than the Pokémon anime.

Years
  • I read Pokémon Adventures/PokeSpe until the end of the Yellow arc, then I stopped for some reason, probably because of school.
    I also read the first volume of The Electric Tale of Pikachu, but I didn't like it much.
    I'm not currently reading any Pokemon manga, although I might start reading Pokémon Adventures/PokeSpe again soon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I read the manga up to the Ruby & Sapphire arc but I got caught up in other manga at the time so I never finished it sadly.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • I've read quite a bit of Pokemon Adventures/Pokespec and by far my favourite arc is the Gold/Silver/Crystal. As for others, I've read some RéBURST and like it a lot, but its impossible to find on the internet. The Pokemon Manga in general is one of my favourite things about Pokemon, behind only the games.

They really should translate RéBURST officially, because it's an amazing concept. Someone should bug the Pokémon Company to make a RéBURST video game ^^

That's the best idea ever created ever...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    When it first came out, I read Pokemon Adventures. I used to buy each issue as it came out because I enjoyed it so much and read the entire series every time I was sick. I also read the Electric Tail of Pikachu up to the very end because I enjoyed it that much. The humor and art was amazing.

Unfortunately, during the dry spell of manga being released, I just lost interest. Although there are times when I wish I could pick up PokeSpe again to see what all the popularity is about, I wouldn't know where to find it to do so. That, and I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to catching up to that much manga again.

Or any of the other Pokemon manga there are out there. RéBURST is a complete anomaly to me.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I've read the Red/Blue arc of PokeSpe, which I really enjoyed, but that's about it...I'm not really a manga person; I can count on one hand how many manga I've read (including that one, four) and I can't honestly say it appeals to me...which is weird, because I love Western comics. Guess I just haven't found one for me yet. PokeSpe was good, but not quite captivating enough.

Back