• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hello friends i am engaged

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    ...I actually have no idea how any of that stuff works, I haven't experienced it myself whatsoever bla bla so, sorry..

But. I really wanted to congratulate you, and wish you the very best of luck!! So congratulations!!!

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • Option 1: Hire a professional wedding planner to do all the work for you

Option 2: Do it yourself, and take it piece by piece as opposed to a whole. For example:

Do you have a location in mind for where you want to get married? Inquire with the property owners for a price quote on rent. This is probably the single biggest part, and you can send out invites at this point.

Great, now you have a location picked out! Now to see about catering. What food places do you really like? Would you just prefer a catering service? Contact those businesses.

Entertainment? Find a DJ to rent out or a generalized entertainment contractor.

You'll also need to find a photographer for hire.

etc. etc. etc. Take it one piece at a time.

Congratulations btw!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • So like. What the heck do we do now lmao. How does wedding planning work? What weddings have you been to/seen that were really neat or nice or whatever? If applicable, how did your engagement/wedding end up going?
    OMG Anna :D Congratulations, dear!

I actually just proposed to my now fiancé a little less than a month ago, and we're trying to figure all of this out too. It's... a little overwhelming, but I'm sure you'll figure it out and have a wonderful ceremony that's all your own.

We're working on finding a venue first. Quite a few of them where we live come with wedding planners for the rest of it once you put a deposit down. Maybe that's where you want to start?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hi engaged i'm dad
    And then I just imagined you being your signature and lmfao

CONGRATULATIONS ANNA!!!!!!! I have no idea what do next. Knowing my own man, if we get engaged he's gonna become groomzilla. (ilu bae)

Lucid

I don't know anyone who actually hired a wedding planner, they're expensive and you can really cover everything they do with maybe a couple of friends or family members. First thing would probably pick where you'd want to have it. Locally? Out of town or somewhere where you'll also be having your honeymoon? Resorts have packages to accommodate wedding parties, but if you want to invite a ton of people and have them attend, a location wedding isn't all that practical. As for local weddings, if you want to have it in a church or place of worship of some sort, contact someone from there and talk dates and what you have in mind. However if you don't really attend much or aren't a member, it can be tricky, they'll probably want you to start attending regularly for a while and may have classes that they require you to take. We did a justice of the peace deal, where we just went to the courthouse, got our marriage license and all in one quick deal. It's def the cheapest way to go, and requires the least hassle, but you can't really have your whole family in attendance. After you choose where you want to have it, picking a place for the reception would be another good place to start. Shopping around for things like the clothes, flowers and decorations, the catering and what not are also some things you can do here and there, but you'll have to put your orders in for in advanced.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know much about planning weddings but I would think the first thing would be to figure out how many people you want to attend, then finding a suitable place to rent for church/space for the wedding and reception.

Whoops, totally forgot. Congratulations!! Hope everything works out and you have a great wedding and marriage.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    congrats!!!! i watch a decent amount of say yes to the dress so i'd actually consider myself an expert on these things. you should definitely start scoping out some venues, places that cater, and bridal shops and make appointments. also start a pinterest board for inspiration and a color theme. good luck!!!!!

Years
  • Congrats! My sister got married recently, but it was literally as simple as going to the courthouse. So when the stress gets to you, remember that it always is an option (Or a UPS store, or anywhere where there is a notary.)

My best advice would be to keep it simple and remember that the marriage is more important than one day. If it's not perfect, that's fine. You've plenty more chances to make a happy marriage. Also, pick your battles. And if you haven't yet, you should probably have a conversation about finances and set a budget for this event.
    (Also, if you want a cheap wedding dress, you can probably find one at a hand me down store and just pay for the alterations.) (Also, it's expensive to pay for living flowers that will inevitably die. I'd think lanterns would be far cuter. Or find a venue that is already decorated. Apparently churches during Christmas have beautiful decorations, free of charge.)

Years
  • I think small weddings make for the best, least stressful. My brother's was pretty big and it required professional help. A friend from college's was small in their backyard and was relaxed and fun (and had a Batman and Robin cake - Holy matrimony, Batman!).

We did a justice of the peace deal, where we just went to the courthouse, got our marriage license and all in one quick deal. It's def the cheapest way to go, and requires the least hassle, but you can't really have your whole family in attendance.

My best advice would be to keep it simple and remember that the marriage is more important than one day. If it's not perfect, that's fine. You've plenty more chances to make a happy marriage. Also, pick your battles. And if you haven't yet, you should probably have a conversation about finances and set a budget for this event.
    I want to second these ideas. Friends of mine got married about 5 years ago and they are still paying off the cost of the wedding (which was a big thing at a golf course with lots of people). They're now moving back in with parents because cost of living is too much for them (but then they have two kids so).

But what you want to do most is figure out what you want with your wedding. Figure out who you want to attend and and base your plans (invitations, travel accommodations, etc.) on that. Unless you have your heart set on a specific place like Disneyland it's probably going to be the people there who you'll care about more than the place itself so you pick the place to suit the size of the party.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • DON'T RUSH

you literally have all the time in the world to prepare for the wedding, as long as there aren't any extenuating circumstances, of course, so enjoy your time being engaged and planning.

also congratulations! i'm very happy for you and wish you all the happiness in the world. 8)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • AHHHH thanks for all the congratulatory and well-wishes and advice and everything guys!!

OMG Anna :D Congratulations, dear!

I actually just proposed to my now fiancé a little less than a month ago, and we're trying to figure all of this out too. It's... a little overwhelming, but I'm sure you'll figure it out and have a wonderful ceremony that's all your own.

We're working on finding a venue first. Quite a few of them where we live come with wedding planners for the rest of it once you put a deposit down. Maybe that's where you want to start?
    ahhh congrats to you too!!

we have a venue for the ceremony itself in mind- the church he goes to/i participated in youth events at (because we're boring lmao) but the reception is the hard part i think >_< we know SO MANY PEOPLE

Congrats! My sister got married recently, but it was literally as simple as going to the courthouse. So when the stress gets to you, remember that it always is an option (Or a UPS store, or anywhere where there is a notary.)
    GETTING HITCHED AT THE UPS STORE WOULD BE HILARIOUS IM IN
    DON'T RUSH

you literally have all the time in the world to prepare for the wedding, as long as there aren't any extenuating circumstances, of course, so enjoy your time being engaged and planning.

also congratulations! i'm very happy for you and wish you all the happiness in the world. 8)
    gotta get married before july 16 2019 because that's when i turn 26 and am no longer elligible for my dad's heath insurance (so romantic)
    Or you could just flee with your partner and get married in secret somewhere to avoid all the fuss. (8
    SO MANY PEOPLE would be SO VERY ANGRY ahahahah

Lucid

Oooh I also want to add that the smaller/more privet the wedding, the less you'll be getting as far as gifts. Like two of my cousins had these huge weddings and got several thousand dollars in registry gifts and cash, but we only got like... $200 and a tonnnn of congraduary cards. Not that money is the point, but it's something to think about.

I guess it really depends on what you guys want. For us, we really didn't want to invite 100+ people, and I hate big productions and simply didn't want to have to plan or coordinate anything. Weddings are expensive if you're just starting out unless you have your relatives help out with the expences, which some just can't/are willing to do. You def don't want to put yourself in the red and plan for something you can't afford. All together our deal cost around $300. We got nice clothes, covered the legal documents, and our wedding gift from my in laws was dinner. Instead we dropped a good sum of money on our honeymoon.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Congrats! <33 I gotta second what some people here have been saying, definitely don't stress. My mother and step-father when they had gotten married four years ago actually just got married in my aunt's front yard, but since you're wanting a church wedding I'd recommend just focusing on the dress you'd want and invitation list for now... never heard of anyone going for a wedding planner though so I'm not too too sure what would be done there.

Again, congrats and I hope you have a fantastic wedding. <33

Back