• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    For those who don't know me, I'm Troy! That's my real name, and what I prefer to be called. :] I'm currently fifteen years old and will be a junior next year in high school. I joined back in October of 2013 due to the release of X and Y, but was strictly a lurker of the forum until a few months ago. Something about the size of the community intimidated me to a degree, but I'm glad I got over that, or I wouldn't be having so much fun fangirling over ORAS with the rest of you!

I have a wide variety of interests, so I haven't invested substantial amounts of time and effort into any of them, haha. I love to draw and write, mostly fantasy and adventure, and used to be pretty committed to acting. I took a theater class for two years before dropping out of the course freshman year, as I decided I didn't want to pursue a career in acting, and such a class would only distract from my studies. Unfortunately have yet to enroll in an Art class, but looking to do that senior year. I've dabbled in game development as well! As far as video gaming goes, my all-time favorite franchise has to be Pokemon. I own all the games, and I've played through all of them numerous times. I also love Rayman, and eagerly await a time when I'm able to purchase Legends, because Origins was extremely entertaining.

Like many Texans, I'm a big sports guy. I play tennis myself, and often. One of my goals in life is to play college tennis, but we'll see how that works out, haha. I have played other sports, but I'm mainly a spectator of American football and basketball, with the Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs being my favorite teams from both organizations, respectively. Not sure why I didn't grow up a Mavs fan, but from my elementary days I've always liked the Spurs. xD I'm a close follower of both, so I can answer some pretty extensive questions about the NFL draft this year or the NBA playoffs, especially if you want to make fun of the Pacers, or more specifically, Roy Hibbert.

Music is something that I credit my creative passion to, because it inspires me to put ideas on paper and flesh them out, even if I'm in a stump that seems to never go away. My taste is undefinable, and I'll listen to any genre of music except country. Some of my favorite artists include Childish Gambino, Disclosure, Chance The Rapper, Sam Smith, Hoodie Allen, G-Eazy, Mumford & Suns, John Legend, The 1975, The Weeknd, and Rich Homie Quan. There are others, of course, that I'm forgetting to list at the moment.

That's about all I can think of. Ask me anything, don't hold back! I love making new friends :]

Years
    Goodness, you're so smart for your age.

What is your preference for drawing? Digital, traditional, a mix of both? What would you say you'd have more fun drawing (people, animals, environments, etc)? Where do you feel your weaknesses lie when it comes to art?

What is your favorite Pokemon game and Pokemon?

Years
    Goodness, you're so smart for your age.

What is your preference for drawing? Digital, traditional, a mix of both? What would you say you'd have more fun drawing (people, animals, environments, etc)? Where do you feel your weaknesses lie when it comes to art?

What is your favorite Pokemon game and Pokemon?

Thank you Janna, haha! :]

Unfortunately, at the moment I'm only capable of traditional drawing, but I'm looking to purchase a tablet in the near future. I used to borrow one of my friends tablets if I had the desire to draw something digitally, and I'd say it brings the quality of my art down. That's something I need to work on; getting more comfortable with tablets. Normally, I draw people, in a sort of generic anime style, although sometimes I like to try drawing realistic portraits. It's always fun to just clear a few hours and draw a beautiful scene with an engaging environment packed with animals and people and action. Definitely drawing with a tablet, but other than that, I'm an absolute amateur at proportions. D:

Pokemon Emerald by a landslide. This answer could change once the remakes are in stores, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Mienshao is my favorite Pokemon! I've used one in every game in which it was possible to catch on. Nowadays, if I don't have one on my team, it feels incomplete.

Years
    Ever visited any other states before?

Yes! I went to Florida last summer, specifically Pensacola, for a short beach vacation. During spring break I travelled to Los Angeles, and then Indian Wells in California to watch a professional tennis tournament. You could count Louisiana and Alabama, although those were only for one night. I've always wanted to venture out to the northern states, see what it's like. o:

Years
    Wait, you're 15 :O

Anyways, what is your favorite pastime?

Do you enjoy being on the Battle Server?

Yes, I turn 16 on August 28th though, so it's coming up soon. n__n

Hmm, I think writing. It calms me down, everything that I've been stressing about goes away, and I just focus on the story I'm illustrating through words. Always relaxing, except when I have writer's block. Then, I'll resort to playing old Pokemon games haha.

I really do! Lots of nice people, and the server staff do a great job keeping everyone in check. Very relaxed place to hang out and chat with others.

Years
    How are you enjoying staff life so far? And what happened when you found out you were going to be a mod?

You also said you have a twin brother. Any upsides or downsides to being a twin?

Years
    How are you enjoying staff life so far? And what happened when you found out you were going to be a mod?

You also said you have a twin brother. Any upsides or downsides to being a twin?

Staff life has been hectic, but after a week I'm starting to get the hang of things, haha. I've really enjoyed it so far, been able to meet some wonderful new faces that I didn't before, and overall it's been a fun experience. ORAS is of course always busy, so figuring out ways to improve the section is a bit more difficult, but Dave's been a huge help to me on that front.

Well, it was totally out of the blue actually. Axton added me on Skype last weekend, and we underwent some friendly conversation for a day or two. Then, one morning, after spending the first three hours of my day watching Netflix in bed, I go on my computer and pull up Skype. Axton messaged me, seemingly to have another chat, and then Janna asked if I was there. To be completely honest, I didn't even notice that I was added to a group chat with a bunch of h-staffers until about five minutes later haha. Janna asked what I noticed was different, and I was so confused, refreshed PC, and there I was, with a nice box next to the welcome message saying I had six open reports. That's how it all began :')

Upsides are many, you always have someone to talk to, no matter what, and they're basically a lifetime companion. We don't like a lot of the same things though, which ends up in us fighting both physically and verbally, lmao. However, I wouldn't trade him for the world, as he keeps me grounded and always supports me through everything, as I do him.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Do you have plans for college? If so, where are you looking and what do you think you'd like to major in?

How are you feeling about Lebron James returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers? Do you think that the Miami Heat can replace him?

Years
    Do you have plans for college? If so, where are you looking and what do you think you'd like to major in?

How are you feeling about Lebron James returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers? Do you think that the Miami Heat can replace him?

Right now, I'm focusing on getting my tennis to a level in which I can get a college scholarship from it. However, if that doesn't work out, my academics are good enough that I'll be able to get into some in-state schools relatively easily. I'm looking at either a medical degree or something to do with engineering. Haven't completely decided yet!

I like it, think in Miami Lebron was getting too caught up in the fame side of the business. Going back to Cleveland will bring him back down to earth, and with two very promising youngsters in Irving and Wiggins, I see them making the playoffs. Regarding the replacement of Lebron in Miami; there's no one that can truly replace him out there, but there are some good options of whom I'm sure Miami will lure in with their superstars Bosh and Wade.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Since you're interested in pursuing medicine or engineering, I'm assuming you're pretty good with math and science, correct? You mentioned that you enjoy writing as well, so I was wondering what you prefer and/or excel in more - the math/science side of things or the language arts side of things?

I assume that you will probably be starting school soon, so are you set to take any interesting classes this year?

Years
    Since you're interested in pursuing medicine or engineering, I'm assuming you're pretty good with math and science, correct? You mentioned that you enjoy writing as well, so I was wondering what you prefer and/or excel in more - the math/science side of things or the language arts side of things?

I assume that you will probably be starting school soon, so are you set to take any interesting classes this year?

Gah, that does sound odd when you phrase it like that, haha. I think I prefer math over both of those in terms of classes - however, obviously I don't do math in a recreational matter, but I do in fact write often as a form of entertainment, so that could take precedence. Honestly I've never been too keen on science like biology and chemistry, which may be confusing as I've said in the past that I'm interested in pursuing a medical career, but the main attributes that draw me to the field are the ability to help people in need, and the puzzle of using symptoms to decipher what should be diagnosed, which has made me contemplate whether I would go medical or surgical. However, recently I've been leaning towards an engineering/programming/even architectural road in college, because math and algebra comes very easy to me, and I always get high marks, while in chemistry, I tried pretty hard and managed to only get a low A, high B for the year.

Well I just switched out of a few the other day actually! I'm in varsity tennis, which takes up two out of the eight periods allotted, and I've got AP Physics, AP English 3, AP US History, Pre-Ap Pre-calculus, Anatomy & Physiology and Intro to Engineering being my two electives. Junior year is said to be the most difficult, so I'm preparing myself for a heavy work load haha n__n;

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Gah, that does sound odd when you phrase it like that, haha. I think I prefer math over both of those in terms of classes - however, obviously I don't do math in a recreational matter, but I do in fact write often as a form of entertainment, so that could take precedence. Honestly I've never been too keen on science like biology and chemistry, which may be confusing as I've said in the past that I'm interested in pursuing a medical career, but the main attributes that draw me to the field are the ability to help people in need, and the puzzle of using symptoms to decipher what should be diagnosed, which has made me contemplate whether I would go medical or surgical. However, recently I've been leaning towards an engineering/programming/even architectural road in college, because math and algebra comes very easy to me, and I always get high marks, while in chemistry, I tried pretty hard and managed to only get a low A, high B for the year.

Well I just switched out of a few the other day actually! I'm in varsity tennis, which takes up two out of the eight periods allotted, and I've got AP Physics, AP English 3, AP US History, Pre-Ap Pre-calculus, Anatomy & Physiology and Intro to Engineering being my two electives. Junior year is said to be the most difficult, so I'm preparing myself for a heavy work load haha n__n;

It's not too odd excelling at math and English - it just means you're well-rounded academically (and likely overall, with varsity tennis). Have you considered doing some type of job shadowing at a hospital? I did last summer and it really helped me narrow down what I wanted to do.

It looks like you'll have a busy junior year! I took three AP classes my junior year as well but I had chemistry instead of physics. The year as a whole wasn't as bad as I had been told it would. Actually, my senior year was significantly more hectic with six AP classes. Have you taken any AP classes/tests before? Also, is the AP English you're taking the literature or language one?

Years
    It's not too odd excelling at math and English - it just means you're well-rounded academically (and likely overall, with varsity tennis). Have you considered doing some type of job shadowing at a hospital? I did last summer and it really helped me narrow down what I wanted to do.

It looks like you'll have a busy junior year! I took three AP classes my junior year as well but I had chemistry instead of physics. The year as a whole wasn't as bad as I had been told it would. Actually, my senior year was significantly more hectic with six AP classes. Have you taken any AP classes/tests before? Also, is the AP English you're taking the literature or language one?

I have thought about it, yes! Not this summer, as I've been quite busy with other things and it would've probably been near impossible to juggle that with everything else, but yes in the future I plan to.

I did take AP World History last year, and found it very difficult to retain any of the material, causing me to have terrible marks on the tests (high Cs low Bs) but because of my homework average, I maintained around an 85 all year. I doubt I passed the AP Test though, because when I was taking it my mind drew a complete blank on the multiple choice. :'[

AP English = literature. My bad, should've specified haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi Troy :)

Are you happy with who you are today?

What is your favorite color?

Do you have any pets? If not, would you want some?

Years
    Hi Troy :)

Are you happy with who you are today?

What is your favorite color?

Do you have any pets? If not, would you want some?

Hi Rika :]

No, I think I'm too shy and I need to come out of my shell, more in real life than online, but online as well, just to a lesser extent. Sometimes, I'm way too passive and let people take advantage of me, which leads me to believe I need to be more assertive to get what I want in life, and not just watch things fly by because I'm too shy to take action.

Green, blue and orange are second place choices.

No, and yes I would want some! When I was young I was obsessed with getting a ferret haha, but now I mostly have my heart set on a dog. Unfortunately, my parents have made it clear that that won't happen - the closest I've gotten is bringing a dog home for two days to 'try out' and see if we could accommodate having one, but my parents decided against it and brought him back to the shelter, which made me super sad :[ When I live on my own I'm getting at least two dogs.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    Hey Bae <3

Kinda piggybacking off of ElHero... What do you think about the Kevin Love trade sending him to Cleveland?

And here are some personal questions...

When a cow laughs, does milk come out of its nose?

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown, too?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

And how's the love life doing buddy? besides our relationship of course

Back