• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    Does anybody know how to fix the connections in Advance maps. Mine are refusing to work. They do not respond to when I change the adjustment. They also insist on remaining connected even after I remove the connections between them. I will upload a picture when I get back onto my computer that has the buggy rom.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • in fire red, map borders can be resized. Go to the map footer (in an hex editor) and the last 2 bytes will be border's wide and height. 0202 normally. In viridian forest, it's 0302. But, you'll have to repoint the border and write it in hex. not a difficult task

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Repost: Well, this has been bothering me ALOT.
    I insert two mapbanks (36 and 35) so, in 35 i name all the maps "Route 302" and on 36 "KRAKEN CAVES" But, when i do this i renames all maps of 35 too... thats kinda crappy. Also i note a "Insert names" under Map Header tab, but is alwayas grayed out.
    moz-screenshot-1.jpg

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    That's pretty simple. Just go to block editor and click on the block you're looking for. Then choose the block that you want to change. The block you're looking for has it for Above. Change it to below. Here are some screenshots to help:

Firstpic.jpg

Firstpic2.jpg

Firstpic3.jpg

trivium

pokemon trainer
    Years
  • names

i'm making a hack and i need some help, can someone tell me what program changes the city and route names of pokemon fire red, because other people can do it but i don't know how to do it.

thanks in advance

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • i'm making a hack and i need some help, can someone tell me what program changes the city and route names of pokemon fire red, because other people can do it but i don't know how to do it.

thanks in advance

You can do that in advancemap, go to header view and the rest is self explanatory from there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Those ledges are too dark, Don.Maybe the brown path should get a bit of yellowish shade to differ it from the small house. Overall it looks good.

Years
  • Okay, I'll change the color of the ledges one shade higher. They look fine on my computer, but if other people think they are too dark, then I will change them.

And for the house, I also have a blue roof, so I think I'll change it to that one.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Pretty good map Don. Only Mountines are kinda dark. And i agree with Martin brown path should get lighter palette.

Years
  • Rates on this one please..
    tiles creds goto phcompany don patch and WaH (palettes to phcompany to)
    dhdhdf.png

Dont mind the tree tiles at the mountain by the house on the right

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Looks pretty good.
    There is a tile error where the tree meets the path where its standing on teh little mountain.
    I think that little mountain with the tree ontop doesn't really look too good either...
    As for those stairs, where do they lead? Are they jsut there for show?

Years
  • Looks pretty good.
    There is a tile error where the tree meets the path where its standing on teh little mountain.
    I think that little mountain with the tree ontop doesn't really look too good either...
    As for those stairs, where do they lead? Are they jsut there for show?
    Ýes I already posted that little faul at the end of the message..XD (i forgot to make the tiles for that part) and the stairs are more for the show but the bottom right one has as use to get to the sea..;)

Also threr is some tile errors where the big trees meet the little ones.
    I didnt see those thanks..:)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Alright, i've got some maps here, and I want to know if anything extra should be added.
    Credit to WAH for the wood fence.

6ykrsk4.jpg

6qa6o9v.jpg

I like them both!
    The first one, i don't see anything wrong with, i like it a lot (and the headbutt trees look good)

The only thing i don't like about the second one is that cut tree, it doesn't look good there, especially with all that grass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back