• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Comments on the below map please.
    Spoiler:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • Sorry if someone already asked this but when making a new map, where does it save to? Also, how do I add Pokemon to my new map? It doesn't give me an option to do so.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • When I created a new map, I saved it and everything but then my starter town also takes that name. When I tryed to change it the starting towns name also changed....What do I do?

loratus

Rom hacker
    Years
  • problem

i got problem with my border in A-map it shows all sort of tiles while it should be black in houses and outside it shows all sort of tiles while it should show trees

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I made a script that started with flag 199 being set and with flag 194 unset the script then fadescreens and unchecks 199 and 194 set. (the script was meant to have team rocket and then not). I made the rockets people ID 199 and the other peoples 194. When I tested this both the rockets and the other people were gone but the people could be interacted with. What did I do wrong?

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • Okay. I am working with a friend on a hack and he is having the following problem:

"whenever I make a new map, it shows random tiles where I want Black Space outside of the map."

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Okay. I am working with a friend on a hack and he is having the following problem:

"whenever I make a new map, it shows random tiles where I want Black Space outside of the map."

Ok, this happens whenever you insert a new map, the border will get messed up.

This is what you do.

Expand the map size by 8 on the height and width.

Then, make it so there are 8 black spaces on your map going in all directions.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I inserted some new house tiles but when I put them on my map and walk directly under them the house appears above the players head. How do you fix that?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Look please stop posting maps on here because this is about map help, not commenting on how good you did. Go to map rating for that.
    Now i'm nt going to spam soo... how does tile molester work?

Years
  • I was wondering how I can change the map connections on R/B/Y? Any help?

You have to edit them using hex. Now, I don't know where the offsets are, so you might want to ask around and see if people still have them.

And NIN, the Map Rating thread was just recently reopened, after the maps were posted here.

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I need help.
    Whenever I patch new tiles,all the warps and some the scripts go
    out of the map for Pallet Town.
    Like it isnt in Pallet Town.
    All the Other Maps seem to not have this problem.
    I even tried to make Pallet town 80x80 but The Warps still dont show up.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Ok I have a problem,
    I want to work with warps.
    When I edit the warps,
    They work fine to warp into the building,
    But when I warp out,
    They are mixed up where they come out.

I.E.

Warp1----->House1

Warp2----->House2

House1---->Warp1

House2---->Warp1

So any help would be greatly appriacated!

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    In my current hack, whenever I warp outside of Damuk's House (don't ask) I end up in the water surrounding his house instead of outside his door for some reason.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • How do I warp to a forest? I put the warps in front of the tress....But when I walk over the place I put the warps....I hit a wall....Can some one please help me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back