• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: here's how bernie sanders can still win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I heard one of the reasons for DST still being around is simply people still wanting another hour of light after they come back from work; allows them to do some more activities outside. Can't argue with that. Though, tbh I really don't like that practice, either.

I actually like that, but why is it in the summer when it gets darker later anyway? It's crazy when it's time to take the clocks back an hour in October and it starts to get dark at 4 in the afternoon.

I'd rather DST stopped; if people want an extra hour of light after work we could switch to 8-4 work schedules instead.

pkmin3033

DST is painfully disruptive, especially when the clocks go forward, I think. There aren't a huge number of countries that don't practice it, though...none I would care to move to, anyway.

I wonder if there would be a way to work that into Brexit, haha. Let SOME good come of this nightmare. Wishful thinking, but it's not like the rest of it makes any sense at all, so why not?

Years
  • I'm mildly surprised that lost hour didn't wreck me that much this year. Usually I'm definitely feeling it.

Yeah really. Usually it throws me into oblivion, but I just woke up an hour later than I usually do and everyone went all fine and dandy.

So yeah though, anyone got some spring plans? Besides hopefully getting a job and working to save for stuff I want and need, I want to visit some friends on their college spring break.

pkmin3033

Depends on which bit...I don't think I could handle higher temperatures. I like my cold and wet climate.

Dreading the clocks going forward this year; I've been going to bed later and waking up earlir, and I don't sleep very well anyway...getting up late bothers me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back