• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hex Helper Double OH!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Hex Helper Double OH! is Hex Helper written from scratch in order to help keep your ROM safe.
Whats new and different you may ask. Well,

-The UI has changed a lot. No more ugly buttons. Now simply click a checkbox to insert/remove any of the modifications Hex Helper Double OH! has to offer!
-It's safer! Backups are made every time you load the ROM!
-It now has multiple languages! It supports English, Spanish and French!(Although Spanish and French were translated using Google so be warned the grammar may be bad. idk as I don't know either language.)
-New Name!
-And some more Patches for Fire Red and Emerald with possibly more to come!

Screenshots
RURfNjB.png

52f6Jhb.png

Download
https://github.com/Joexv/Hex-Helper-Double-OH/releases/tag/MEGA_POTATO_22222222
Source Code
https://github.com/Joexv/Hex-Helper-Double-OH

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
So does this change any hex values in random spots that might be in use?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
So does this change any hex values in random spots that might be in use?

Well the features he's implemented into his tool all overwrite existing code to behave differently. So the technical answer is yes. However, you won't be overwriting these hex implementations by accident unless on purpose or by brain lag.

Joexv

Years
Try Port BW Repel and Lvl1 Babies into Ruby.

Do you have the offsets for the egg data? If so I can easily port that.:P

Well the features he's implemented into his tool all overwrite existing code to behave differently. So the technical answer is yes. However, you won't be overwriting these hex implementations by accident unless on purpose or by brain lag.

Well actually the bw repel does get inserted into free space but hopefully its in a place that you wont ever touch. Maybe in the future it will just search for fs but for now, it doesnt.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
so its like a patch applier for simple patches...

check out the hex fixes for fixing the glitches in FR (stuff like how the pokedex name is only half its length and how the roaming legendary has only half its IVs)

and maybe the patch for making mew obey (real simple hex fix)

of course these are FR only patches...

Joexv

Years
so its like a patch applier for simple patches...

check out the hex fixes for fixing the glitches in FR (stuff like how the pokedex name is only half its length and how the roaming legendary has only half its IVs)

and maybe the patch for making mew obey (real simple hex fix)

of course these are FR only patches...

Do you have a link to the thread? Those dont sound too hard to do.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
well, im not too worried about it lol, I made a rom base that has this already done for me (and a few other things i always do)... and I dont care to actually hex edit... but Im glad to help make your tool awesome ;)

Years
What exactly does the Pokedex fix for FR/LG do exactly?
Thanks in advance!

This is a quote from HackMew explaining what it is:

"The Pokédex Glitch is a glitch exclusive to FireRed and LeafGreen US v1.0. The species names present are cut off, most specifically those species names made up of more than one word with a space in between. This causes Pokémon like Squirtle to be listed as "Tiny Pokémon" rather than "Tiny Turtle Pokémon." This was addressed in later releases of the games."

Edit: Basically the Pokedex fix allows two separate words to be shown for a species name instead of one.

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Push a little button instead of manually hex editing? Yes, please! Have you considered using IPS-peek to open some of the popular mini-patches floating around? (Physical/special split, added Fairy type, etc.) You could easily copy their contents over.

Having the circulating mini-patches in one place would be so much easier than keeping ten pokecommunity pages bookmarked. That's the only reason I suggested it. :P

Definitely a neat little gizmo, man.

Joexv

Years
Push a little button instead of manually hex editing? Yes, please! Have you considered using IPS-peek to open some of the popular mini-patches floating around? (Physical/special split, added Fairy type, etc.) You could easily copy their contents over.

Having the circulating mini-patches in one place would be so much easier than keeping ten pokecommunity pages bookmarked. That's the only reason I suggested it. :P

Definitely a neat little gizmo, man.

I thought about it but I figured patches are already easy to insert, yea I understand the whole too many bookmarks thing but oh well. Adds more traffic to their threads.:P

And btw peeps just got a free space deally working, so when I get some free time Ill finish it up and post an update.

Joexv

Years
And you're not going to credit those who made these features?

Didnt I? If i didnt Ill get right on that. Sry.

EDit: added creds to the first post, I had put them in the program just forgot to when I posted it. Sry guys.

Back