• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoopa Officially Revealed!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    COROCORO leaked today and it revealed Hoopa, the Pokemon we have known about for over a year now. Hoopa will be in the new movie along with Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. The title is; The Archdjinn of the Rings.

A shiny Rayquaza event will start this month for Japan (of course).

When do you think Hoopa will be revealed by TCPi? When will the Hoopa went start? Do you think the Rayquaza event will hit western countries? When will unbound Hoopa be revealed?
    Discuss!

Hoopa Officially Revealed!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm glad they finally officially revealed Hoopa, I'm looking forward to downloading and seeing it in action! I assume we will be getting Volcanion some time later this year to complete the trio.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I'm glad they finally officially revealed Hoopa, I'm looking forward to downloading and seeing it in action! I assume we will be getting Volcanion some time later this year to complete the trio.

Volcanion will most likely be revelead next year, to promote the new movie in 2016.

I think Hoopa Unbound will be revealed some time around May/June, to create more hype for the movie and is a huge selling point.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I can't imagine the movie will have much of an original plot because at this point what more is there to do? I wish Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion were all in a movie together, but still distributed separately. In any case, Hoopa Unbound looks really cool (except its Shiny form) and its base stats are whack. Can't wait to possibly get Hoopa and somehow uncover this Prison Bottle... thing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Okay so Anime News Network mentions Hoopa will be available in ORAS but not through normal gameplay...it almost sounds like we'll be able to capture it in game somehow...maybe we'll get some minor DLC for it? Maybe the desert will appear? Or will it be ORAS only and XY won't get Hoopa through wi-fi?!

Btw I'll like to share something I found out. I researched Djinn today again as I had recalled they were some kind of demon in Islam (actually they're like humans with free will and can be either good, neutral, or evil but have magical powers similar to angels). They are said to be creatures from other realms and alternate universes. So it seems that Hoopa's hyper portal powers come from that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • We had seen rumors of this thing becoming real for a while now, but looks like now it's no mystery. But at this point I just hope it's given in a not terribly inconvenient way like some event Pokémon have.

Years
  • Ooh, so they finally revealed it. Wonder when we're gonna get an event for it....and I swear Game Freak if it's not a WiFi event we're gonna have a problem.

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_Hoopa

Ah yes I remember how terrible the Diancie event was with all those stupid one-used codes... I do hope they learned their lesson from that and go back to old wi-fi Mystery Gift for this Hoopa event.

And on a side note, I love Hoopa's new official Sugimori art.

JVS

The very best.
    Years
  • You know what really grinds my ears? Hoopa being a Kalos/XY legend and it being release as a DLC for ORAS/Hoenn. Just ????? Why didn't they put it in the game in the first place. I bet this one's gonna come out like Diancie. If you want the pokemon, you gotta have to go to the cinema and buy a ticket to have it. If you don't, just wait for it to arrive on the GTS. They could launch it worlwide via wi-fi. And on XY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You know what really grinds my ears? Hoopa being a Kalos/XY legend and it being release as a DLC for ORAS/Hoenn. Just ????? Why didn't they put it in the game in the first place. I bet this one's gonna come out like Diancie. If you want the pokemon, you gotta have to go to the cinema and buy a ticket to have it. If you don't, just wait for it to arrive on the GTS. They could launch it worlwide via wi-fi. And on XY.

Who said it's a Kalos legendary? Just because it's in the data for X and Y doesn't mean it's actually supposed to be from Kalos. Case in point, look at all the gold rings around Hoenn, none of those are around Kalos, so obviously Hoopa is actually supposed to b from Hoenn. The thing people keep forgetting is that the hackers were not the programmers of Gamefreak, just because Hackers released data in the game doesn't mean that game freak released the info. After all, Entei, Zekrom and Uxie are in the game data for X and Y, but are any of them Kalos legendaries? Nope!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Who said it's a Kalos legendary? Just because it's in the data for X and Y doesn't mean it's actually supposed to be from Kalos. Case in point, look at all the gold rings around Hoenn, none of those are around Kalos, so obviously Hoopa is actually supposed to b from Hoenn. The thing people keep forgetting is that the hackers were not the programmers of Gamefreak, just because Hackers released data in the game doesn't mean that game freak released the info. After all, Entei, Zekrom and Uxie are in the game data for X and Y, but are any of them Kalos legendaries? Nope!

He may be referring to how Hoopa is in the Kalos dex (while not being in the Hoenn dex) thus is a Kalos mon. Interestingly though Arceus and several mons from Gen IV aren't part of any regional dex...so therefore not part of any region by that logic. Though I actually think he is thinking of them as the way most mons are thought of when it comes to which region they belong to, in other words the region that was introduced in the same generation they were.

Anyways in response to the original poster, it's been done before. Deoxys was first available in FrLg not RS or Emerald despite being a 'Hoenn' mon.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I don't like him yet... When will they reveal his other secret form? (if that is real)

Archdjinn is a hard word to say.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I don't like him yet... When will they reveal his other secret form? (if that is real)

Archdjinn is a hard word to say.

It is real, I have it in Alpha Sapphire myself. You get an item that transforms him if you talk to a guy that shows up in any Pokemart when Hoopa is in your party.
    Proof, sorry for the bad quality, it was taken with my phone:
    Spoiler:

And Archdjinn, how the hell do you even say that. lol

Back