• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you maintaining your health?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, I saw a nutritionist not that long ago. I decided it was time for me to lose weight. She showed me things to avoid and what I should be eating as well. I plan on getting into these things slowly and over time because rushing would trigger my anxiety. See, I'm at risk for diabetes because my dad has it as well. I'm extremely terrified of needles, and it's one thing that got me to consider trying to be more healthy about what I eat and how I do certain things. ><

So, what about you guys? How are you maintaining a healthy lifestyle? I was hoping for some tips on what I can do to exercise lightly with so I wouldn't have to leave the house... just yet. Again, I need to focus on little things before I can do the bigger things. My anxiety will go through the roof if I do too much at once. ;~; I blame this on being autistic

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I've been getting back into lifting weights and I'm considering enrolling in a local martial arts school (Wado Ryu) because I have history there. I'm still eating junk food more than I should, but I've stopped smoking marijuana since it makes me want to eat and I'm afraid of putting on serious weight because of it.

A good martial arts school is very healthy for you, in my opinion. It's a great social spot, plus you're getting great cardio exercise while meeting other people.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    sometimes I hake a special days when I eat only healthy food (cereals, fruits, vegie)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I eat fruits, vegetables, drink plenty of water and I play indoor beach volleyball every week which keeps me somewhat fit. I walk to uni here and there as well. I'm not an overly healthy person, but I definitely avoid turning into a sloth and wasting my life away.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    exercise wise i walk to and from school every morning with a short train journey in between, which adds up to around half a mile of walking every single day. also it sounds corny but dancing is an amazing way to maintain a healthy lifestyle! i go to dance lessons every friday and i try and learn dance routines by myself as well and i find that helps me maintain a healthy weight.

diet wise - i calorie count! honestly that's not actually healthy at all orz, but it does help me lose weight (i eat under 1500 calories a day), if that's the kind of health tips you're looking for. apart from that i don't eat meat (which helps a lot but i understand if you're not up for that!), only eat fatty/sugary foods on a saturday and i don't eat anything past 6pm. drinking lots of water is a major major lifesaver as well, trust me on this one.

honestly i'd argue that your diet is more important than exercise when it comes to keeping healthy but i guess it really depends on the person.

Years
  • Drinking coffee and staying up late ohoho! It helps to stay away from fast food and drink water. I try to stay away from juice. Your liver won't enjoy all that liquid sugar. Eat the fruits, leave the pork. I can't stand that stuff. I decided to leave it behind several years ago. They asked me if I was starving in a desert if there was only a pig if I'd eat it "Why would there be a pig in a fucking desert?" was my response. That shut 'em down.

Years
  • Playing football (soccer) is the only way I maintain a healthy lifestyle, I play three times a week (including a 90 minute match) and I think if it wasn't for that, I would kinda struggle haha.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I know you said you'd prefer to stay in the house but walking more often is probably the easiest way to stay healthy. Take less car/bus/taxi trips and more walks, unless of coarse the place is several miles away. I barely do anything other than walk to and from(not to mention around) my school everyday and manage to stay reasonably healthy.

Eating less junk/pre made food also helps. Most days I live at my Grandparents house and they always have homemade dinners every night. It's ok if you can't cook, so starting off by buying a few recipe books and looking at tutorials on healthy meals is a great way to start off.

Years
  • I do a lot of physical most days of the week, mostly push-ups, and I walk a mile two or three times a week. Gonna be honest though, I don't eat that healthy, but with my body it evens out.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • IM EXERCISING TOMORROW WITH A FRIEND!!!!

Im planning on doing this multiple times a week, and I owe my friend $20 if I dont exercise on a day I say I will. And I need all the money I can get lol.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I lift at least two days a week (One day for deadlifts generally, one for bench) and that's going well. My diet is absolute shit because I work back shift full time (Soon to move to a normal schedule though!) so I never prepare meals like I should :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    So, I saw a nutritionist not that long ago. I decided it was time for me to lose weight. She showed me things to avoid and what I should be eating as well. I plan on getting into these things slowly and over time because rushing would trigger my anxiety. See, I'm at risk for diabetes because my dad has it as well. I'm extremely terrified of needles, and it's one thing that got me to consider trying to be more healthy about what I eat and how I do certain things. ><

So, what about you guys? How are you maintaining a healthy lifestyle? I was hoping for some tips on what I can do to exercise lightly with so I wouldn't have to leave the house... just yet. Again, I need to focus on little things before I can do the bigger things. My anxiety will go through the roof if I do too much at once. ;~; I blame this on being autistic

I try usually to eat more fruits and vegetables, avoid too much fast-food and sugar, and drink more fresh simple water, it's very good for the body :) Also I make some physical exercises every day and go to the swimming pool twice a week, that really helps me to stay fit :) You can make exercises at home too, there's no problem with that but for the start it's better to practise smth easy and not to push yourself too much, especially with your illness >_>
    Also it's cool when you have an opportunity to keep at home sport equipment, like this one https://stylemann.com/best-proform-elliptical-reviews/ , it's very convinient if you don't have an opportunity to go the gym :)
    I have such elliptical and I adore to practise with it rather often :)

How are you maintaining your health?

Running is a good idea too but outsides only when it's not so cold as now {XD}

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I eat a nutritious diet filled with delicious fruits and veggies, try to avoid eating too much comfort food which is honestly really hard for me, drink plenty of water and no soda or other sugary beverages, and finally exercise. :) I spend at least 40 minutes on the elliptical every day, sometimes more depending on how willing I am to push on.

Back