• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How close are you to completing the national pokedex?

How close are you to completing the National Pokedex?

• 301 to 400 Pokemon obtained

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    I finally got all 718 Pokemon on April 12! How close are you to completing the National Pokedex? You get the shiny charm from Professor sycamore when you get the National Pokedex completed but you don't need any of the event exclusive Pokemon. You get Pokedex completion certificates if you go to Coumarine City hotel and talk to the game director if you completed your Pokedex, but you don't need any of the event Pokemon for the certificates either.

Event Pokemon are: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I have 711 so far, but some of those are event pokemon. The non-event pokemon I still need are Groudon, Palkia and Giritana. So close! I've never completed a pokedex before although I did give it a good try in HeartGold (which saved me some effort in X thanks to the pokebank!).

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I believe I'm at 712, and I have been for quite awhile. Haven't really been trying to get rest of the event exclusives, the Shiny Charm was enough for me. But let's see, I believe I have Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Shaymin, and Genesect left.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I think it was on either April 3rd or 4th that I completed the PokeDex, 718 of them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm currently at 405, with 500 Pokemon seen. Still working on the trade evolutions, and evolving all the starters for dex entries. Long way to go, but I'm getting there!

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I still have a very long way to go, I'm just starting now to catch all the pokemon in X.

Years
  • I completed mine ten weeks ago, excluding the event legendaries. 707 currently I think, don't know if i'll worry about the event legends anytime soon though.

Years
  • I'm pretty close. I got about 641 pokemon, and all event legendaries that aren't 6th gen. Right now I'm hunting for a shiny Fennekin though but I should really get to finishing the pokedex to make that hunt easier.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    For those that didn't complete your pokedex, black 2 and white 2 has a regional dex of 300 pokemon. You can also get a lot of legendaries from black 2 and white 2, and heartgold and soulsilver.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Got around 650-ish Pokemon now. So I'm not too far off since I'm mainly missing evolutions. I'd expect to be finished it in the next few months. Interesting to note, it would actually be my first time ever finishing the National Dex, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Currently, I have only around 150. :( Been planning to start finishing off my Dex for a while, but I just get around to it. Every time I do, I instantly lose motivation, unfortunately. Seriously wish it weren't like this.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    All I need now is Genesect. I'm aware that I don't need Genesect to get the Shiny Charm and the Certificate but I want to be able to say "This is the day I completed the Pokedex. All 718. For this accomplishment I received the Shiny Charm and a Certificate from the Game Director."

I would much rather that all happen on the same day. :P

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • I don't know how people do this and make it sound so easy. Filling the Pokedex isn't just catching them all- you have to actually evolve every single one of them too, and that is why it's so time consuming.

Around three and a half weeks ago, I started MM'ing for a shiny Rotom. Here I am at 1200 eggs and absolutely nothing (unless I accidentally released it without knowing). So anyway, I took a huge break and I'm now working on this to see if the Shiny Charm will help out at all. Right now I'm at around 415... It's great to see that number slowly rising, but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever make it. .-.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Woo finally completed the Pokedex - all 718! ^^

So happy! Never completed a Pokedex before.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Thanks to Pokemon bank i have reached the 700´s mark
    Now i have to trade some Pokemon to reach the 718

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I completed mine almost 8 weeks ago and started working on a Living Dex. Completed that one in almost a week. Was super hard work and a lot of bartering in the Trade Corner, but it's done! I can proudly say I own one of every Pokemon (except Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa). Good luck to all on their quests to complete the Dex, it was truly worth it in my opinion!

Back