• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How important is it for you to be liked by others?

pkmin3033

I suppose it bothers me sometimes (it's never particularly fun being disliked after all) but it doesn't bother me enough for me to even consider changing my outlook or attitude in an attempt to change their minds. As the old saying goes, you can't please everyone. If someone doesn't approve of me, that's their issue to work out; really it doesn't have anything to do with me, as I'm not trying to deliberately antagonise them.

I try to concern myself with the people who do appreciate me - it's a small number, so it's not a huge amount of effort, aha - rather than spend my time worrying about how I'm going to gain the approval of those that don't. Most people I encounter are either apathetic towards me or dislike me for some reason; I give them plenty of reasons to. It's just a fact of life, really. It's a bit depressing sometimes, but it's something you get used to. Who cares?

milk!

oh yeah!
    Years
  • I care very deeply (maybe a bit too much) about what people think about me. I wish everyone could like me, though I know that's not possible. I'm trying not to take it too personally when people don't like me because I'm being myself and trying to be a pleasant person, so there's not much I can do when my personality doesn't mesh with someone else's. I always want to know why someone dislikes me though. It bothers me when I don't know why.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I have this weird problem because I want to be liked by everyone and I seek approval from everyone. Even people that I don't know really well. I just hate the feeling of being disliked...idk why exactly.

if it makes you feel better, it is really hard to dislike you Chase. you're too easy-going. ;)

Sirfetch’d

if it makes you feel better, it is really hard to dislike you Chase. you're too easy-going. ;)

Some people dislike that I guess x] I know of a few people who dislike me and in the past I tried hard for their approval. Kinda over it though tbh.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Some people dislike that I guess x] I know of a few people who dislike me and in the past I tried hard for their approval. Kinda over it though tbh.

well it's true that you can't please everyone, so it always makes life much easier when you accept it. being carefree is one of the most liberating things. uvu

good on you for moving past it!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • None really i dont really care nor seek other peoples approvals its not something thats ever been important to me. I dont think i would mind if i had everyone ive met hate me haha although if someone does dislike me and ik why then i would likely seek to see if its true and if i should change myself to be a better person :3

Oh yes theres been people ive never talked to that dont like me for absolutely no reason so to one i didnt even care cause its their issue if they dont like me not mine but if they spread rumors or something along those lines i go right to there face and call them out on everything theyve said and how it proves their insecurities and issues they need to work out.

Overall i could care less what others think and how well accepted i am socially and it kinda makes my life a lot more happy and less stressful :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I hate to be thought poorly of, but at the same time don't really give off the impression that I care much. It's not something I want to care about, but almost everyone is far more easily moved to emotions (hostile or otherwise) than I am, and I find it quite intimidating. In the end I'd rather just be left alone.

Years
  • Honestly I don't care if people don't like me at all. I've had people give me stares and weird looks and all that stuff when I approach them. To me it makes me happy that people don't like me because it means they still think about me. So, yeah. I'm fine with being hated for being me rather than being loved for someone I'm not you know?

Yukari

I like it when people like me but I don't actively seek approval from others or anything if people like me they like me and that's great, but if people don't like me then they don't like me and that's fine too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think about this a lot, because I always find myself worrying about what people think of me and I always ask myself why I always end up worrying about it. I want people to like me... but if people don't like me, I don't want it to be because of a misunderstanding. Does that make sense? For example, I don't want people to not like me because of how they perceive my actions, or maybe because of something that happened between someone else and I and they don't know my side of the story.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have this weird problem because I want to be liked by everyone and I seek approval from everyone. Even people that I don't know really well. I just hate the feeling of being disliked...idk why exactly.

I think this is common. It's exactly how I feel about people. I just can't stand the thought of people disliking me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i am unsure how i feel about the opinions of others-- sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't. on one hand, i care, because being liked is a nice feeling and being disliked makes most people feel confused, including myself. on another hand, i don't care, because i have enough self-reliance to not lean on the words of other people.

i'm comfortable with myself as a person, so the only thing hateful words will do is notify me on who is trustworthy and who isn't.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I care in the sense of to make friends. But if people don't like me for a lowly reason then it doesn't matter. There are many people who are there and will accept me who I am. People today judge everyone based on their cover so there's no way around it. If you don't like me then I don't like you either, not everything works the same but I don't need EVERYONE to like me a few people are fine. Anyone is fine.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I have this weird problem because I want to be liked by everyone and I seek approval from everyone. Even people that I don't know really well. I just hate the feeling of being disliked...idk why exactly.

^ I don't think I could have worded it better than what Chase wrote. Basically word for word is what I feel.

On the side-note though, I do feel like I have to be likeable since at university I'm usually a class rep. I want to be someone approachable for people to speak class/uni- related problems about.
    I'd rather not scare them away from being unlikable ;-;

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I always want to be someone approachable, someone friendly to others. I often wonder if people do think that of me, but I'm more curious than anything to see what others think of me. If people dislike me then that is fine, because I particularly like this one saying:

"You dislike me? That's fine; I don't wake up every day to please you."

Which is totally true to myself. I wake up to please myself, at the end of the day, but what makes me happy is that people think I'm friendly, helpful, and someone they can approach if they're feeling down, or want someone to talk to or whatever.

In a less confusing sense, I care about being who I want to be to other people.

Years
  • Sometimes I think I do care too much about what people think of me, especially those who don't really play a huge role in my life. I've gotten a lot better since high school though!
    In high school I'd worry about ridiculous things like whether people would judge me for e.g. my opinion on a specific film. I was just so insecure about anything people might judge me for. Nowadays I'm a lot more comfortable just being who I am and I've also learnt that people generally care a lot less than you think.

But aside from wanting people to like me, I think it is just generally important to be nice to others. I want to be the kind of person who makes others smile, no matter whether they're my friends or just some passers-by.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't really care if people like me or not. I'd rather have true friends who like me for me and not someone I'll never be. I mean, at times I do care what others think. I usually try not to let it get to me because it just shows how much the person choosing not to like me isn't worth it. I do think it's important to be nice to someone though, especially on a public setting whether online or offline. Nothing is more embarrassing than having a person belittle you because they don't like you around others.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I care what people I care about think of me. If someone I don't particularly care for or even know doesn't like me, it's really no big deal to me. They don't know me well enough to judge me.

Back