• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long did it take you to finish your Game?

When did you finish your Pokemon Game?

• Total voters
Years
  • So, as a Poll, how long did it take you to finish your Pokemon Game? ranging from Red/Blue upto Black2/White2, this is mostly an average time.

70+ Hours
    80+ Hours
    90+ Hours
    100+ Hours

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Depends what you class as "finishing" the game. I used to be able to defeat Wallace on Emerald in 16 hours dead. But now I have higher standards of "finishing" the game and tend to take it a little slower, so on Emerald (for direct comparison) I'm currently on 62:16 and haven't even tried Battle Frontier yet. And in real terms, this is about 11 months since I started it so...

PokePlayerLeo242

The Eevee Lover
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    about 70+ i usally beat a game and on my black it took about 70. it depends on how long the story line is.i usally spend time playing a game all day until im tired.

Years
  • I guess I can assume that you mean beating the Elite Four in the respective games when that ends the storyline, and for other games (such as HG/SS) you mean completing all the "post-game" stuff as well.

Even when I've taken my time on a first playthrough of a game, I'd say I usually clock in at around 55 hours by the time I've beaten the story, and am free to train my Pokemon on my own. Subsequent runs take even less time than that, but I can't say I've taken even 70+ hours to beat one of the games since Gold.

Years
  • at this time i'm playing my pokemon games since i never had a chance to play them so i'm working on Pokemon Red Version right now, i'm leveling up all my pokemon as i go, i'm just not basically doing the whole thing of "hey i only need these ones for now i'll level them up, use them to fight and just use the next ones as i go" i'm actually taking the time to level up each one i have in my possession, like before i fight Brock i'm leveling all the pokemon i have right now to level 16, then after the 2nd gym leader to make pokemon over 20 obey me, i'll level them upto like 26, and so forth, yeah it'll take me awhile, so yeah it'll rack up game time

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Depends on finishing.

Usually takes me about 20-40 hours to beat elite four depending on how explorative I feel like being.

If we include the post-game, all the secrets, all legendaries etc. we are talking 150+ hours.

My ruby game is actually tapped out at 999:99.
    My other games range from 150:00 - 400:00

Depends on how much time I have on hand. If I'm busy when the game releases, I get through halfway the main plot and lose momentum, and then the game drags for me till I pick it up properly again.

If I have buckets of free time when I start 'er up, well I then go on for days straight.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I usually defeat the elite 4 within 15-20 hours. The longest I've ever played a pokemon game though was 200+ hours on pokemon Silver. Every other pokemon game though I never broke 100 hours before restarting.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I know I already exceeded the 100+ hours and have not yet faced E4 (in majority of my games). I spend a lot of time exploring, talking to every trainer, some more than once. Once I get a new HM I return back to previous areas and see what I missed, battle every trainer, and train my Pokemon, battle every wild Pokemon (unless I'm rushing to the Pokemon Center).....

I take too long, I generally explore everything.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ranging from 70 hours to 100. I broke the 100 hour mark on my White game, which was actually the first time. xD

Years
  • In the past, when I was young, reckless and stupid and just used my starter, I 'completed the game' rather quickly; There was one Emerald file I must have finished in just about 14+ hours? Absolutely under 18 hours, anyway. Whereas nowadays I do a lot more training and just generally don't speed through the games, so it's normally a good 30 hours plus. At least, to beat the league. For the likes of HeartGold where 'completing the game' would usually entail beating Red, that is probably going to be about 80+ hours. SO MUCH TRAINING IS NECESSARY.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I;m assuming you mean beat the E4 and in that case it takes me usually 75-100 hours to complete a Pokemon game and sometimes even more. In my current Sapphire run I have over 120 hours and only have gotten 6 badges. I like to stall a bit and take everything in and actually enjoy the game rather than try to finish it as soon as possible. I train my team a bit more than I would when younger and I use the side feature such as play in the game corner or make movies at Pokestar Studios or enter a Contest now and then. I like taking my time and experience the game cause it allows me to appreciate the game a bit more.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
    Years
  • I'd say about an average of 50-60 hours per game until I beat the E4 for the first time. I usually just focus on training my Pokemon and save all the extras for the post game.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I try not to rush through the game. I take my sweet, sweet time and usually don't beat the Elite Four until after 100 hours have passed.

Years
  • Mostly 100+ hours as I enjoy exploring the game in its entirety, I quite like spending time catching Pokemon, talking to people and picking up as many random items as possible.

There have been a few times where I've rushed through the game using one or two Pokemon but I found it less enjoyable doing that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    These types of games are not meant to be rushed into head first - it'll only end badly for you if you do that. I'd much rather explore the place as much as I can, so I generally spend over 100 hours per game.

Back