• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you been with your current partner for?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Almost 6 years, but we've been on and off since last year because lockdown made me want to choke him.

But DAMN, that's the longest I've been with someone, tbh!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    over a year...we live together as well. before him i was single for years and thought for certain i was aromantic in some respect. i'd been in and out of relationships during my growing-up and they always had ugly departures...i needed all that time to be alone, to do some introspection and growing. someone i met in 2019 woke me back up to the idea of love and although that ceased painfully for reasons out of my control, she reintroduced my heart to feeling again. i wouldn't have been as open to my current partner without that experience. i'm really grateful for all the past suffering on my list because i'm at my happiest right here and looking forward to more years together.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What's a Partner?
    I've never been in a relationship, heck I've never even had a date. Women don't seem to be interested in me, and I'm too shy irl to be pro-active myself.
    I've learned to live with it though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Almost 2 years! We've been engaged since almost 1 year back also, set to marry next year. Needless to say, this is the absolute love of my life haha.

Years
  • I have been living with my girlfriend for over three years. This is a big date for me. Now we are going through some difficulties, but I believe that we will cope with them and become the happiest couple in the world. I really want to be successful, to have enough money to provide myself and my loved ones with everything they need. I believe that it will happen very soon!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    You know, I have been single for a long time but I think I am ready for relationships.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I have been single for about 10 years now, but I'm not quite ready to mingle again yet. My last and only relationship ended up in really ugly terms, and I'm struggling with mental illness - not to mention that I had to cut off most of my friend circle because they were exposing me to really toxic online environments and/or whittling down my self-confidence to ensure I stayed with them.

I'm working on moving past that and trusting again though, because I would really like to have a healthy long-term relationship one day - and that will for sure never happen if I keep throwing my lot in with people who don't care for me the way I care for them. I won't be up in arms if it never happens, but at the same time, I sometimes fear being alone for the rest of my life - which is an entirely different beast I need to tame.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • That's a good question. My last 100% committed, would-move-in-with-overnight-if-possible relationship ended some 8 years ago, in may 2014, in a hotel room in Mar del Plata. After that I went on through a stormy drôle-de-relationship that lasted for a few weeks and yet dragged on, in a horror-movie-zombie sort of undead state, for a few terrible years until we sort of realised that the friendzone is actually good in some cases. Eventually I stumbled into a sort of 'friends+' thing with a long-time friend which is not quite entirely serious as she's in a long-term irl committed relationship but like... it's not nothing, either. Help?

Back