• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga How many anime series can you keep up with at a time?

Years
  • I remember when I kept up with 5-6 airing anime at once, watching each new episode as they came out every week. That was.....tough, and I sometimes forgot about x series for that week. How many can you guys keep up with at once before it becomes too much?

Years
  • I used to watch like 5-6 all together. Now I technically have like 4-5 going but I'm slowly trucking through the longer running shounen ones at really irregular intervals while properly going through two main focuses.

Years
  • As many seasonals that interest me. Not so much these days but years ago i could easily have 10-20 on the go at once, I was pretty good at watching 2 or 3 episodes a day.

I'll only ever have a couple of completed shows on the go at once though.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm like a two anime tops kind of person. Otherwise I just don't get really invested. Exceptions can be made for cute mini-series like Banana Cat or Inko Colors.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • Depends on the season but usually a maximum of 3-4. This season for example is pretty much only Dr Stone weekly and Gurren Lagann that I'm watching at my pace.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    ... like two at a time... maaaaaybe three, but honestly, I prefer to just focus on watching one show at a time these days (when I was keeping up with Pokemon, Pokemon was always there, while something else was something I'd watch on the side, almost invariably a short/completed series, since long-runners, I can't commit to much anymore! When I did watch long-runners, it was REALLY long ones like Pokemon, Detective Conan, etc.).

And I don't marathon episodes! At MOST, I'll see two maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe three episodes a day, but usually, I can only handle one or two. I won't remember what happened if I watch too many! ^^;;;

Ironically, when I'm reading, it's rather different, and I'll read like 3 or 4 books at once. Manga is faster (I can read at my own pace and cast and score the "show" in my head however I like!) and more discrete, so I prefer that these days, it's also usually more beautiful to look at (with some exceptions), given more time to spend on the fewer frames (panels, really), compared to animation, so it's more inspiring to me as an artist too!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always just binge anime that is already out, and then I watch it all at once before I watch anything else again ;)

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I'm not very good at multitasking whenever I watch any kind of series. Right now I'm watching three anime series, but that's the best I can do since I don't have much free time in which to watch anime, in any case.

Years
  • one or two max. whenever I get into any anime, I tend to binge and make sure I'm as invested into what's going on as possible, and I can't do that with any more than two at a time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Like one or two as well bc very rarely am i always caught up to date on anime i watch. Usually it's "wait until i feel like it and then binge watch whats avaliable" or the whole series if said series is out. If i stop and switch to something else i wont be going back to the other one for a whole because i really only focus on one thing at a time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2021
    Mine was 50 on watching on MAL. But honestly, I didn't even know there were that many there until someone told me.
    Add me on MAL: NarikaShi

Years
  • It really depends on what's currently airing and if I've stumbled upon something binge-worthy. But I think I've got my best at 10 airing, and watching some anime already aired in between all of it. I don't have free time like that anymore, but oof.

Years
  • I don't watch a whole lot of anime anymore, but when I watch currently airing things it's usually just 2 at a time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2019
    I have a really awful attention span when it comes to passive activities such as watching shows, so I can maybe handle watching two series at a time and even then I have to keep caught up else it'll feel monumental, its also why I struggle with released shows. That being said I only watch stuff I consider really good, I feel like I don't have time for stuff that's just okay at the moment.

Back