• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many times did you lose to Steven

How many times did you lose to steven

• 0 beat him 1st try

Votes: 135 87.7%
  • 1 he caught me off guard the 1st time

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • 2 He deserves to be champ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3 Ok WHY WON'T YOUR POKEMON FAINT

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 He has me looking like a fool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+ possibly the hardest(no pun intended) champion yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • I OHKO'd most of his Pokemon so the battle breezed by with minimal effort on my part, and I had the Exp. Share off. No problems at all! Last time I had any issues with a champion was Cynthia in Diamond.. gosh the memories.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I beat Steven on the first try. However, early on I lost to that Lass outside of the Petalburg Forest, the one with the Shroomish, so for all we know she could be Champion material.

Years
  • Steven was really easy for me. I beat him on the first try, and it wasn't even clutch !
    I steamrolled his team, with a single moxie mightyena lvl 60, carrying a metronome ! (I steamrolled most of the E4 that way)

It took a few turns to get it started against skarmory, but metronome really helped. I had to heal it once or twice though, because skarmory crited like 3 times in a row.. But after that everything got 0hko-ed, except aggron, because of its ability sturdy.(it wasn't much of an issue though)

Mega-Metagross only had enough time to mega-evolve before it got hit with a +5, 100% metronome boosted, STAB, super-effective crunch to the face ! {<3}

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I beat him in the first try. My Torkoal did most of the work. I think Metagross defeated 2 of my pokemon and then I brought Torkoal back out and won.

Got to love Torkoal with charcoal. :p

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I OHKO'd most of his Pokemon so the battle breezed by with minimal effort on my part, and I had the Exp. Share off. No problems at all! Last time I had any issues with a champion was Cynthia in Diamond.. gosh the memories.

I don't remember having trouble with Cynthia, but reading what you wrote, I do recall that Steven was the first Champ that I ever really did struggle with. One of the biggest things that threw me off about him was that he didn't use all steel types and so when I got to some of his team, I didn't really know what moves to use (back then) and he really beat me up. The only fire Pokemon I used was my ol' buddy Torkoal and he typically got his butt handed to him early on.

Years
  • I've not filled in the poll yet, because I'm still trying. The first time I fought him he caught me off guard with his Cardily who wiped four out of five of my Pokémon.
    The fact that his Pokémon are level 57 caught me off guard as well - my Pokémon were 54 at highest, and stood no chance against his.

I remember also having a lot of trouble fighting him in Emerald too. He's probably the hardest paired with Cynthia.

Years
  • This brings back some old memories.
    When I was six or seven, I played Sapphire for the first time. Me being young and all, I really only used my starter, plus a few other Pokeon. My only other team members I remembered was my Plusle, Plusy, and a Swablu I used to fly. I saved before Steven, and got owned many times over. My poor Blaziken's Blaze Kick just did not cut it. Finally, after many tries, I managed to take the champion down.
    Fast forward to these remakes, I was able to beat Steven, with my Pokemon in the high fourties, on my first attempt. My Metagross really helped with taking down his Metagross, who just loved to use Giga impact on me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    I lost once against Steven, but not in the first time. When his Metagross is at almost lv 80 and megaevolves, it can be a pain in the ass. He beat me the first time. At least I saved before battling him and won the second time, defeating his Metagross with Crobat, Bite, and tons of luck

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    During the second bought with him when his team are in the 70's i did lose, but thats because i had neglected to train a pokemon that could SE hits on his steel types. His metagross at the end won him the match because all i had at this point was my Mega Gardevour... Second time round though i made adequate changes and beat him. Still didn't use a fire type though haha

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Like most, I've beat him on the first try but with only one Pokemon. Skarmory was more of a threat to Scrafty due to Toxic and Aerial Ace (thank goodness for no Brave Bird) and plus, I was running a DD variant so after setting up on Skarm, Scrafty floored his team.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I haven't lost to him. I just rematched the E4 actually so I could get the Sinnoh starters from Birch, and both times my Beautifly OHKO'd his Mega Metagross with Bug Buzz, LMFAO.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • huh

Steven was not difficult whatsoever with Camerupt and Mega Swampert present, haha. I beat him 6-0 on my first attempt. Thank God, though, because fighting the Elite Four was tedious, what with their introductions.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    at least once.... back in the day his fossile thingywas easy now not so much xD

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • It's pretty interesting, because you can sweep the entire Elite 4 with an Azumarill, but he's not quite as useful on Steven.

I came close to losing to him while I was training a Hydreigon the other day. His Aerodactyl got a crit ice fang on my Garchomp and I had to improvise. Ended up getting the final hit on his Metagross with an aura sphere from Mewtwo.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I rather enjoyed how the credits showed what pokemon you used to triumph over certain areas

I beat Steven on my first try with my team all between level 48-55

I took down his level 59 Mega Metagross with a level 48 Mightyena using fire fang...

Pokemon-Amie and Super Training break this game on so many levels...

Back