• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Often do you get a new Phone?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I'm still using my iPhone 6 and I already replaced its battery. I had it since 2015 and I'm planning to replace it soon with a new iPhone 9.

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    I use them until they break, I don't care enough to upgrade. Heck, I used one of those phones with a flip keyboard up until just a while ago.

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
  • Technology does evolve, but it seems like smartphone evolution is very incremental and therefore you don't necessarily need to upgrade quite often. Myself: 2 years minimum.

Years
  • Like several people here, when the phone breaks is the only time I go looking for a new one. Often it'll be the battery crapping out; I can deal with broken screens surprisingly fine.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't need to change my phone too often. It's not necessary in my opinion. Last time when I changed it was 3 years ago.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Opinions about changing the phone number differ in terms of time. Some believe that it should be changed once a year. Others say that you need to change it when it completely dies. But personally, my opinion is that the phone should be changed when you become uncomfortable with it for any reason. This may be lags or freezes. It may be its functionality or components. If at least something starts to bring you discomfort, then you need to change it. If you are interested to see information about changing your phone, accessories, and other things, then I advise you to visit my friends Gadget Guide India. They have a huge number of articles regarding the functionality and cost of equipment. With them, you can easily choose exactly what suits you

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I'll get a new phone every couple of years, but that's usually because I find some kind of problem after about a month and a half. It wasn't as bad with the switch to my current phone, because the worst thing that was happening was difficulty with the built-in screen recorder. Since I was posting about the rhythm games I played on my phone to social media at the time, it was worth needing a new phone to me.

Kinda feel spoiled saying it out loud now...

Years
  • getting a new phone is a very monumental part of my life since I usually get one every 7 years... that's right, seven (7) :<

ok that may be a bit of exaggeration but I usually get a new phone every 4.5 - 6 years. depends on how long the old phone lives

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • When it becomes hardly usable, or after about five years since I bought it.
    I've had three smartphones in my life so far: a Nokia X6 that lasted me little more than two years, a good phone which I chose because it had lots of storage for music, but after about two years the music app started randomly crashing and it also had other weird bugs and an unsupported system that made me change it. In late 2013 I bought an iPhone 5c that lasted me close to five years, not because it was unusable but battery life was degrading and I was looking for a larger screen when I found a massive discount on an iPhone 8 Plus in mid-2018, and that's the same phone I still use. Ideally it should last me until at least spring 2023, but I already know I'll not change the battery if it degrades too much as I'm moving away from closed-source ecosystems and I'll switch to another phone with a custom Android ROM, probably LineageOS or /e/. Or a Pinephone, but I doubt it'll be an option as a daily driver in the near future.

Last edited:
    Back