• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How sensitive are you?

Outlier

Would you consider yourself to be a sensitive person? Do others? What does it usually take to offend or upset you? How do you usually respond when someone upsets or offends you? How easily offended are you when it comes to jokes?

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    I definitely consider myself to be sensitive; almost over sensitive actually. I'm very sensitive to my surroundings. For example, when it is about to rain, I don't feel well at all. I get achy and prone to headaches. Loud noises also bothers me to the extreme. I just cannot stand it! My mother once told me that as a baby, I would jump at the sound of a trashcan lid opening and closing. I am also sensitive to other people's feelings. If someone is sad, then I feel sad, too. It's a little weird.

As for being offended by what someone says, it usually depends on what is being said. I can take a joke no problem, but if someone makes fun of or spreads rumors about me, then I get very offended. I usually cry when something like that happens and while a bit embarrassing, I'm not afraid to show my emotions.

Sirfetch’d

I can take any amount of jokes well but otherwise I am a pretty sensitive person. My feelings are hurt easily by people if they insult me. I guess that is probably due to my massive amount of insecurities haha.

Yukari

I'm not easily offended by jokes, but I'm really, really, really sensitive. I'm not bothered by insults if it's someone I don't know/know not to take seriously, but if it's someone close to me then... It's really easy to hurt me. I just never really show it.

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
    You can't offend me but you can offend those close to me, and I'm protective.

I would say I'm pretty sensitive, the degree varies depending on how much the person that said it matters to me and how closely I hold the topic.

Years
    I'm someone who gets easily shattered if offended or upset. It doesn't help that I have autism as well, meaning I can't take insults well and my feelings can get more easily hurt than most other people, and that leads to me suffering insecurity.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I've often been labeled as an overly sensitive person in the past as I used to take things too seriously and get hurt over the slightest insult. I still am today, but just not as much, I hope.

Detox

I'm not really the sensitive type. I brush off most things like they're nothing, unless I know the situation is very serious. As far as jokes and insults go though, they are nothing to me. This is probably half of the reason I come off as intimidating to some people, but whatever lol.

Lucid

I don't like to think I am? No I guess? I believe you can choose what makes you angry or offended or hurt, and I try to choose wisely. I joke around and tease a lot, but it's pretty insincere. You have to really go out of your way and get extremely personal to get me upset. If I do get butthurt, it's for like, 5 minutes, so I get over things pretty quick, I can't hold a grudge or stay mad long.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    It really depends. I do have very severe anxiety, so at times... it doesn't take much to upset me, piss me off or trigger a meltdown/outburst. I do get offended at times, but I try not to show it though. I usually try to find some way to calm myself down either by reminding myself it's not a big deal or something.

However, it's not always the case when I have my meltdowns/outbursts. I have no control over them because once I become overloaded by either anger or other emotions... then that's it. I'm far too gone to try and calm down before the volcano finally erupts or the storm has come, so to speak.

Years
    I don't know if I'd call myself sensitive or not. With me it depends more on who is saying something than what they're saying.

Years
    I am super sensitive, more so than I would like. I'm not afraid of emotions, and I'll usually tell someone what I'm feeling at the time. (just ask anna or juno :P) Some insults can really get to me, others I can easily brush off. If a complete stranger insults me, and they mean it, I don't pay too much attention since their opinion doesn't mean anything to me. However, if a close friend or somebody I care for insults me, and they mean it, I am shattered.

Years
    I'm not a sensitive person unless it concerns those closest to me, so I usually come off as a bit cold. I never really get offended, and jokes are nothing really, but people deliberately trying to upset me will probably annoy me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm not really offended by the words of others... uh, unless I already like/respect them.

Years
    I'm usually not the person to be offended on a personal level, nor emotionally react to any insults thrown around. people that try to insult anyone without any trace of constructive criticism deserve to be ignored and ridiculed themselves.

traits that do annoy me, though, are displays of unfounded stubbornness and willful ignorance.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    I'm really sensitive, if you say something bad about me I'll probably think about it for the whole day.

Unless you're my friend and you're just teasing or joking around. I sometimes do get offended by jokes, though.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    It really depends on what the subject is about, and the level of harshness. If it's about my personality, then I don't really care what you say. I know I'm not going to mesh with everyone, so it doesn't bother me.

However, insult me as a writer, barista, or whatever I pour a lot of effort into, then I start to get sensitive about some things. I can take critique fairly well now, but there's a difference between giving me feedback, and simply tearing someone down.

Back