• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't live without you, you beautiful game!

Years
  • What is your all time favourite game?

We all have them and we all play them over and over and over again.

*What is your favourite game of all time?
    *When did you first play it?
    *What was your first reaction?
    *When was the last time you played it?

For me, it is pretty obvious. It is Silent Hill 2. (Theme is James Sunderland, main character from the game if you didn't know.)
    The game wasn't like any horror games I had played at that time, I wasn't into horror as much as I am now back then But the game just felt like something new and different. The fact that stuff didn't always jump out at you, it just let you dig your own horror grave by letting your mind wander and make you think something will jump out, when it actually won't.

I play it to this day and I actually have it opposite me! :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Silent Hill is pretty good. *nods*

My favorite game of all time is Syphon Filter. I know some of you haven't heard of it (check out the wikipage), it's a shooter game with an amazing storyline. I currently have all six games and I CANNOT afford to lose them all. I consider those my collectibles.

I'm currently replaying Dark Mirror, and I am still digging the storyline. :)

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Bioshock.

I got it when I first bought my 360, I was sceptical of it's utter awesomeness at first, but after seeing that you can electrify anything in your path I coveted the game. I'm never letting go of it, ever.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Kingdom Hearts series is my favorite of all time. Specifically KH1 and BBS. The magical feel of it is amazing.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Digimon World 3.

Oh the many hours I spent playing it before I threw it out > :

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • *What is your favourite game of all time?: Pokemon
    *When did you first play it?:
    I first played it when I bought a copy each of Ruby/Sapphire just before 4th grade.
    *What was your first reaction?:
    I was sucked in to the game, and wanted to play more of it.
    *When was the last time you played it?:
    As for Ruby/Sapphire, it was around a few years ago, but I don't remember the date. As for Pokemon SoulSilver/Platinum, yesterday.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • The first game I ever put a ridiculous amount of hours into was Pokemon Blue, I believe. Before that I think it was Ocarina of Time on the 64. Probably the most random game I've ever fallen in love with was:

I can't live without you, you beautiful game!

That game was ridiculously awesome.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • :O
    I remember Vanguards! It was released on PSN a year or so ago as well! =D​

Wasn't it amazing? I remember my first time playing it I went ahead and put in, seriously, a good 5 hours in my first run on it only to realize I forgot to plug my memory card in and couldn't stop without having to start over. I didn't turn that game off for a couple days haha. I'd love to find it again.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ohgosh.

I have so many games that I love, but at the same time I'm definitely not a hardcore gamer.

So.. hmm.

I'll go with the first game that shot into my mind when I saw the thread title, which is Persona 4.
    I love that game when I first got it, and played it for days. I still play it now days, and enjoy it just as much as the first time through. There's a lot of ways to make fun of the game, sure, but you can always still take parts of it seriously, and there's something about it that I love. Probably the murder mystery, and the characters.

*What is your favourite game of all time? Persona 4
    *When did you first play it? January 2009
    *What was your first reaction? "what is this i dont even-- OMG Murders!", "OMG someone killed the teacher!", "OMG I just got sucked into my TV, and feel into a world of demons!", "Oooo, hawt character wearin' headphones.." "This game is awesome."
    *When was the last time you played it? A couple of weeks ago.

The other game that popped into mind was Kingdom Hearts 2, they almost tie, but eh.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    It's not Pokemon, I can tell you that :P
    My favorite game would be Mafia II, the first time I played the game was the demo on PSN, I instantly fell in love with the gameplay, story and how great they made the characters. A few monthes later, I bought the game in September (for my birthday), I got the collector's edition and it was great, I couldn't stop playing it since I got it. The last time I played it was in the begining of December, I was trying to get the last trophies (which I'm close to doing), I need to play that game again, it would bring back some good times.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • *What is your favorite game of all time?
    Super Mario World
    I played the version for GBA a few weeks after it came out but I also played the original SNES version but I don't know what year I played the original version.
    Oh, it's another Mario game. BUT when I got the GBA version, I became hooked and beat it 100% multiple times and it eventually became my best game. (I'm better at SMW more than any other game)
    A few days after Thanksgiving 2010 during the trip back home.

Years
  • Wasn't it amazing? I remember my first time playing it I went ahead and put in, seriously, a good 5 hours in my first run on it only to realize I forgot to plug my memory card in and couldn't stop without having to start over. I didn't turn that game off for a couple days haha. I'd love to find it again.

Haha! Burn! I hated when that happened; thank God for internal memory now hey? :P​

*What is your favourite game of all time? Persona 4

fhidgsoaudbiphsagoufdvjbsalgoj!!!!!!
    I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT PERSONA!

They are so hard to get a hold of now. Very few people I know off actually played those games, or even heard of them. =[​

Years
  • Is it okay if I put a pair of series instead? I can't pick between them, and I like all the games in each series save for the crapware released since 2004 began that's undeserving of the Sim City brand name. :V

Sid Meier's Civilization series, Will Wright's Sim City franchise

I first played games from both of these series in 1998, playing the second iterations of both.

I didn't get Civilization that well at first, but I had a blast once I figured out the cheat mode, which somehow helped me become a better player when I played a mode where cheats aren't usuable. Sim City 2000 I really enjoyed because I've always been a map-geek. I usually just tinkered with the pre-built cities because I usually made my cities bankrupt pretty quick. XD;

I last played a Civilization game last night. I was up until 1 playing IV. I last played a Sim City game back in August. I've been too busy to play it since. 4 was my favorite iteration in both series, though I've yet to play Civilization V.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Okay, question time! XD

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

When it first came out. :P

OMG SNAKEEEEEE GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEST **** EVER MADE. :D

July last year.

Need to play it again. Need to witness some more epicness.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • No. 1 Favorite is still Need for Speed Underground 2. Maybe because of the fuzzy nostalgia it still brings to me whenever I start playing. I first played in 2004 or 2005, meaning I was just 6 or 7. ^_^' Yeah... also, I think I played it last week or something, when the internet fell.

My *actual* favorite is the Pokemon series. They changed the way I look at video games, and how much diversity a portable RPG can offer. n_n'

Back