• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You! *Starter Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    All right! Monday's here again, which means it's time for a new Pokémon of the Week! And, this week's feature is...

252Treecko_Dream.png

Treecko!

You guys know how it goes by now, just share any thoughts or stories about Treecko, its evolutions or Mega Evolution, if you've ever used it in-game or competitively, etc.

And, just as a double feature, here's a new topic for you to discuss!
    Do you have any thoughts and/or wishes for the starters in Gen 7? Any predictions on what direction they're going to go with? What would you like to see personally?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2016
    Username: LowBaller
    Trainer Class: Breeder
    image.jpg3_zpsuntrp9cq.jpg.html

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Snivy
    image.jpg3_zpssiqnzkid.jpg.html

Partner Pokémon (Fire): Charmander
    image.jpg6_zpsqpp5r8mx.jpg.html

Partner Pokémon (Water): Totodile
    image.jpg6_zpslpavhnsa.jpg.html

Reply to current topic: It would be cool if they would change the starting types, or have an option to change the starter types and potentially have six starter options!!!

Years
  • Great to see you here, Low! Awesome to see you chose Snivy as a partner, Unova starters definitely need some love and I do love its design theme as well.

Anyways, my thoughts on Treecko...

I don't like it as much as the other Hoenn starters given it starts off weaker than the other two, but it does slowly build up strength as you get through the game and when it evolves is finally when it starts catching up. Sceptile has an awesome design that definitely gives it a solid fanbase (no wonder it won the FPT's Grass-type poll again) and a new Mega adding Dragon-type and Lightning Rod gave it some new use competitively, with that ability making Mega Sceptile a handy teammate to protect Water-types (and also Flying-types) from Electric attacks.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Username: LowBaller
    Trainer Class: Breeder
    image.jpg3_zpsuntrp9cq.jpg.html

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Snivy
    image.jpg3_zpssiqnzkid.jpg.html

Partner Pokémon (Fire): Charmander
    image.jpg6_zpsqpp5r8mx.jpg.html

Partner Pokémon (Water): Totodile
    image.jpg6_zpslpavhnsa.jpg.html

Reply to current topic: It would be cool if they would change the starting types, or have an option to change the starter types and potentially have six starter options!!!

Welcome to the club! Glad to have you here.

I actually really love Treecko, it's the first pokémon I used in a game ever and I generally like its design a lot more than the other two Hoenn starters. It's actually my favourite starter in general, and in my top 10 favourite pokémon. I also picked it when I played Alpha Sapphire and it was great. I also liked the design of its Mega Evolution but I didn't get all that much use out of it, probably because 5 out of 6 members on my team could mega evolve anyway, and one of those members was Aggron. I don't think I need to say any more.

Also, because most people haven't posted anything concerning the PoTW or the current topic, I'm extending it for another week. no bias at all here no sir

Killua

Ace trainer male

Partner Pokemon (Grass): Treecko
    Partner Pokemon (Fire): Charmander
    Partner Pokemon (Water): Froakie

I would love the balance that each typing had in gen VI with secondary typing that matches the enemy starter weakness ex: water dark vs fire psychic

Years
  • Welcome new members, good to see you here!

For Gen 7 I'd really like to see more secondary typings, especially Bug and Fairy. A Water/Bug would be awesome. Definitely hope they stick with animals rather than objects but maybe something they haven't done before. An equine theme would be cool, a cute little foal that evolves into a donkey which evolves into a stallion or something, probably for the Grass if it could fit as we have Ponyta and Keldeo.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Username: Varys the Galvantula
    Trainer Class:
    image.jpg1_zps6ccu4d3c.jpg

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Chespin
    Partner Pokémon (Fire): Chimchar
    Partner Pokémon (Water): Mudkip
    Reply to current topic:

I am not much for speculations, but WE NEED A FIREFIGHTING starter choice that evolves to Dragon types. LOL

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Username: Absol!!!

Ace trainer male

Partner Pokemon (Grass): Treecko
    Partner Pokemon (Fire): Charmander
    Partner Pokemon (Water): Froakie

I would love the balance that each typing had in gen VI with secondary typing that matches the enemy starter weakness ex: water dark vs fire psychic

Username: Varys the Galvantula
    Trainer Class:

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Chespin
    Partner Pokémon (Fire): Chimchar
    Partner Pokémon (Water): Mudkip
    Reply to current topic:

I am not much for speculations, but WE NEED A FIREFIGHTING starter choice that evolves to Dragon types. LOL
    Welcome, both of you! I would like to see a starter trio where the secondary type is effective against the primary type's weakness, just to see how it works if anything. And there is technically a Dragon-type starter if you count Mega Charizard X and Mega Sceptile but I see where you're coming from.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • Username: Pancham Cutie
    Trainer Class:

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Treecko
    Partner Pokémon (Fire): Torchic
    Partner Pokémon (Water): Froakie
    Reply to current topic: Well I personally don't have any wishes for Gen 7 although I would personally like to see something like the Gen 6 starter line up return and with no Fire/Fighter starter (I love them, but we got 3. We needz a break from them.). As for predictions, I don't have any.

jombii

Years
  • I meant a trio of Grass-Dragon, Water-Dragon, Fire-Dragon. Might make for some good promo posters. :) I've seen some awesome fanmade games with those trios.

Years
  • I meant a trio of Grass-Dragon, Water-Dragon, Fire-Dragon. Might make for some good promo posters. :) I've seen some awesome fanmade games with those trios.

The main problem I'd see from this is that they'd all likely be reptilian-based, and I don't want another one of those given Kanto has an all-reptilian trio.

jombii

Years
  • GF could be creative. Altaria is a dragon-type despite not being reptilian in nature.

Although, I could see the trend with those types.

Years
  • Username- Sir Lucario
    Class- Male Ace Trainer
    Gender- Male
    Grass- Snivy
    Fire- Torchic
    Water- Froakie
    I like the middle evolutions Conbusken is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time I liked using him but since I'm playing the games I have to evolve him eventually to make him stronger

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Username: Pancham Cutie
    Trainer Class:

Partner Pokémon (Grass): Treecko
    Partner Pokémon (Fire): Torchic
    Partner Pokémon (Water): Froakie
    Reply to current topic: Well I personally don't have any wishes for Gen 7 although I would personally like to see something like the Gen 6 starter line up return and with no Fire/Fighter starter (I love them, but we got 3. We needz a break from them.). As for predictions, I don't have any.
    Username- Sir Lucario
    Class- Male Ace Trainer
    Gender- Male
    Grass- Snivy
    Fire- Torchic
    Water- Froakie
    I like the middle evolutions Conbusken is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time I liked using him but since I'm playing the games I have to evolve him eventually to make him stronger

Welcome to the club, guys!

Do you have any thoughts and/or wishes for the starters in Gen 7? Any predictions on what direction they're going to go with? What would you like to see personally?
    I don't really have any predictions, I just hope that they're cool. =3

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Should mix it up a bit and have ghost, psychic, and dark type as the starters' second type. They should also get it during their second stage.

Years
  • Personally I'd think a fire electric, a grass rock, and a water ice would have great balance with unique typing (water ice isn't that unique though). Each starter can hit the other with a super effective hit which would balance your rival too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back