• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't CARE that you're my mom YOU SIMPLY CANNOT KNOW MY EMAIL.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    How much do you converse with family online?

For example, I know people that have all their family added on Facebook, but I don't have a single one.

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    I only keep my sister and close cousins on facebook, I learned my lesson from a past incident. Not close family on your facebook can be a bad combination.

Years
    I only have one cousin added on Facebook and I talk with him regularly in real life and through text message, but not as often on Facebook.

My mum and dad don't understand computers unfortunately so I can't talk with them on this and my bros are nearby so why would I.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've added a few cousins on Facebook. No worries about having to block my parents on Twitter or anything like that though. My dad's too backwards and my mum would use Fb etc. I imagine, but she gets too frustrated by tech xD

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I only have my brother, sister and a few close cousins on my facebook. My Mum has not got a facebook so that is out of the question. so I call her over Skype on weekends.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I have nothing to hide or anything like that, so I freely add them wherever. I have my entire family, bar the ones who don't have it, added on Facebook. It is honestly an easier way to communicate with them, especially the ones that I don't actually live with. They have work and other conflicting schedules, and I know how easy it is for a text message to fall by the way side, sooooo Facebook it is! I honestly don't care what they stumble upon.. it'll probably scar them more finding out about than it would me! The thing is... I don't keep things a secret because I'm afraid of other people finding out, I keep them a secret because I know that despite what they may think, they really don't want to know...

Years
    Well, on Facebook, I do have both my mom and dad in my friends list. But they never really use Facebook because they think its boring, so I guess I could say no to this question.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Right now, I don't, but in the future when I move out-of-state, email communications between my parents and I will be a constant thing. As for Facebook/Twitter/any computer program like that, they confuse my parents so there won't be any use there.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Friends with some of my family on facebook, but that's it. x:
    I don't mind my sister being on my friends list, considering we don't see each other much anymore. I occasionally talk to my aunt, sister, or cousin over facebook.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My family and I converse only when we are apart. Although I have an annoying aunt who sends me messages on facebook even if we're just two feet apart.

But yes, my parents, my sister and I text/facebook each other only when we're apart. Just so we keep in touch.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't converse with them at all, considering I live with them. I do have my father added on Facebook, but that was more of his doing. I don't really mind though, he doesn't snoop around my stuff. Thankfully, my mother doesn't have a Facebook account.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I Refuse to use facebook for this reason. I don't have a facebook account. I never will. I keep my social networks private and I don't usually give people my "online" identity. What I do online is my business alone

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    I don't even converse with those nuts in real life, why ever would I converse with them on the interwebs?

Hmm...ok ok, they are not ALL bad, but yeah, I definitely don't contact them using the internet. My good grandparents don't even have a phone, so I have to send letters to them out in the boonies.......

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I have most of my family members online but I never talk to them there. With extended family like aunts and uncles I might say hi or something but with immediate family I flat-out refuse. It's because my aunt and cousin use Facebook to talk about every little thing like walking the dog or taking the garbage out, and they'd do it from rooms right next to each other. That always got on my nerves for some reason.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I actually have a lot of my mom's side of the family on Facebook. Luckily they don't do anything too dumb. Just post their stuffs and don't comment stupid stuffs on my status that I make once in a blue moon. Because sometimes I see people writing a status of let's say 'Having a fun day at the park with my dog'. Then their family members would comment something like 'Hi (insert name here) how's you and your mom?'
    I just can't stand those kind of comments which has nothing to do with the stuffs you post.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Just about everyone in my family has a Facebook (except for my grandma - she doesn't even use the internet) - so with family we communicate via Facebook's chat when we are lazy to go a few steps to the other rooms.

Mostly with family we communicate via cell phone text messages.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I have some cousins on Facebook that I never see, so there's that. As far as email though, I used to get chain letters and crap from my aunts and uncles forever ago but that was pretty short-lived. They never used email for anything else, really.

And I live with my mom so emailing her is entirely unnecessary :b

Years
    I don't even have a Facebook account any more, but when I did, I didn't have any family members on my friends list (but then again, only my sister knew what the site was before I stopped using it). I do talk to one of my cousins a fair bit on Twitter though, and I e-mail my dad back and forth when one of us finds some funny pictures or interesting news, but other than that, I don't keep in touch with the rest of my family on the internet.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I generally like to keep my online life and real life separate entirely, with exceptions for people who I've met online first.

So no, no family contact but also no friends; and certainly no facebook. That tries to merge the two worlds way too much for my liking.

Last edited:
    Back