• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just found this meme, and it's hilarious!

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
  • So, yeah, like the title says, I just found it, and it's utterly hilarious- because it's true! (And maybe because of the image itself..)

txWMofy.jpg

What do you think? 😂😂😂

Years
  • hahaha, this is honestly still me for each first-time playthrough. In repeat playthroughs that I do, maybe for a challenge run or something, I'm more inclined to box the starter, but it still feels so....wrong. :'(

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I've been playing Nuzlockes as of late, and for Pokemon Yellow I straight up reset when Pikachu dies.

Years
    • Seen today
    I always keep my starter. The only exception is if my starter dies in a nuzlocke.

Years
  • perhaps i'm too sentimental when it comes to stuff like this, but i've always been under the impression that first runs were always supposed to be you building a relationship with your starter pokemon and journeying with them until you've beaten the elite four. and it's because of this very train of thought that it feels wrong to ditch my starter at any point prior.

only when we've beaten the champion do they deserve a long break in my pc. :x

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    perhaps i'm too sentimental when it comes to stuff like this, but i've always been under the impression that first runs were always supposed to be you building a relationship with your starter pokemon and journeying with them until you've beaten the elite four. and it's because of this very train of thought that it feels wrong to ditch my starter at any point prior.

I totally agree with this! I've always kept my starter with me throughout the entire game. Once post game hits and I train more of my other pokemon, I'll let my starter rest in the PC. The only exception so far has been in Pokemon Reborn because my team is more fluid depending on who fits best against the battle at hand. Even then, my starter is the last to go in the PC if I can help it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i tend to follow that rule in games where i actually like the starters lol but if i'm doing a challenge that doesn't allow me to use my starter or i'm playing a game where i dislike them all, then nah. it's not the rule anymore. i used to be pretty strict about that when i was a kid, though. i had to use my starter and the box legendary.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Not bad, I wish I could draw though, if I could would totally make a rom hack meme,

my pokemon in vanilla game. normal rattata

vs

My pokemon in debug mode.

debug meme.png

Pic would be me and rattata with black sunglasses with stuff exploding behind us, as I surf away like a badass on my rattata.

Years
  • i love starters too much to abandon them. they can't be found anywhere else in the game, have good all round stats & abilities, and are your strongest mons at the beginning. i'd just feel rude if i boxed them at some point lol. i might try it in a future run eventually, but not right now.

Back