• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I throw my test up in the air sometimes saying, ayo I got a zero!

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who have failed in an important exam/test/assessment. So, have you ever failed a major exam/test, etc? If yes, then how do you respond knowing that you failed? Do you feel discouraged and give up quickly or do you fully devote yourself to study more and work hard to do better next time?

Well, I remember I once failed my maths test which wasn't really that important, though. I analyzed and gone through the silly and careless mistakes that I often make in the test and what I could have done better. Seriously, math has always been a great weakness for me, but I really am trying my level best to overcome it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I feel discouraged whenever I get a failing grade on a test. Recently, I didn't do well in my physics exam. My dad was the one who said that I should study more for it, but I feel that I may not do well the next time around.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • We had this massive Indonesian topic test and I didn't know crap on the exam. It was obvious I got a 9%. XD But other than that, I haven't failed any major tests. I do pretty well in exams and tests. Well, at least enough not to fail.

Years
  • I can happily and proudly say I have never failed an exam, not a single one.
    I always push myself when it comes to exams and work, because I know that I need the qualifications to back up what I claim to know.

I am proud I have never gotten lower than a Grade C (For anyone not knowing that grading system A>B>C>D>E>F>U A highest to U fail)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • When I fail a exam then I would usually be like "Crap! Can I retake it please." Some of my teachers allow me to retake my tests but if not I just try better next time.

Years
  • I have never failed a test either. :X /crosses fingers

But still, failures are the stepping stones to success; so one should learn from their mistakes so as to ensure that nothing like that happens again~

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't let failing bring me down. There's always a next time... even at the end of year exam. You know what you did wrong you know what you have to try next time to do better

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Never with exams, but I always manage to get a really really **** grade on one test or big project a year. It's annoying, but I know I test better than others and use that to my advantage, pairing it with my study skills. Sometimes I also learn slower than the curriculum permits and I'll do better than most people on cumulative tests - probably why I do better on exams anyhow.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Once, and only once. The calc 1 final was awful. Otherwise, I always get 100% without any effort, or study. lol

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who have failed in an important exam/test/assessment. So, have you ever failed a major exam/test, etc? If yes, then how do you respond knowing that you failed? Do you feel discouraged and give up quickly or do you fully devote yourself to study more and work hard to do better next time?

Yes, actually. I failed my Exit Exam Math final yesterday. It's done on computers, so I got a grade immediately. After seeing the material I was tested on I wasn't surprised that I'd fail, it was the extent I failed at. I received a 34%; I was surprised I got any bit of it correct. All my teacher does is sit on his butt and eat Cheetos during class, so he isn't exactly helping my education. I do pretty well on the lessons. Most quizzes are B's and A's. I was doing pretty good until the final. There were two major topics, one of them I understood to a point. I do know everything I was being taught, mind you. The test covered problems I haven't even gotten to yet, so naturally I'd fail.

I didn't really care to be honest. It's a stupid class. But on classes I actually care about, I do get a little discouraged, but I study more after to do better on future tests.

Years
  • I failed a spelling test pretty hard in 6th grade. Studying isn't something I do, and my spelling is atrocious without spellcheck or study.

Ended up having to stay inside for recess for a week to learn better study habits. They helped.

I wasn't really discouraged about it or anything. Just upset about missing recess. </3

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The only exams I have failed are Italian exams, but that was okay because no one tried, my class just bullied the poor teacher. When I get like 70% ish then I feel pretty discouraged as I am usually a 80% onwards student.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I rarely fail an exam, but don't get me started on math exams. I have to pull an allnighter just to study for a 20-question-showoffyourwerk math exam that's worth 200 points. For English and Science and other subjects, I hardly fail any.

Back