• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could be born again...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    ... as the opposite gender, would you? Why or why not? Think about whatever wealth of new opportunities and experiences this would allow, but also the downsides and stresses of not only changing genders, but starting life over.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I'm assuming that this is also in the context that you remember nothing of your past life.

With that in mind it'd be a hard decision. The people I have met and have had a big impact on my life positively could mean nothing to me then, and I well could have been molded as a totally different person (though I think a lot of my traits would carry over due to the people I was forced to grow up with.) The depression that consumed my teenage years might not have happened due to gender dysphoria, as well as prevent the bad grades and difficult transition I'm going through now.

So with that, I think I would have to say yes in the end.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I'm assuming that this is also in the context that you remember nothing of your past life.

I would have assumed the same considering as a baby you wouldn't have the mental capacity to remember an entire lifetime or, in this case, 13-20 years' worth of memories and experiences. That's kind of a scary thought inofitself, though, ya know? Losing all of that time, not even knowing if you'll be able to live that same amount of time - or longer - again, but at the same time not knowing that you lived it before... On top of that, it'd be as a different gender. 8D

Years
    Hahahaha . . .

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

LET ME ASK YOU ALL THIS. WHAT POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE IS THERE TO BEING A WOMAN AS OPPOSED TO A MAN?

I would lose out on so much power and I have plenty of flexibility and agility as it is, so I wouldn't really gain much on that from being a female. I would just needlessly weaken myself, why even would I do such a thing?

Years
    Hahahaha . . .

LET ME ASK YOU ALL THIS. WHAT POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE IS THERE TO BEING A WOMAN AS OPPOSED TO A MAN?

I would lose out on so much power and I have plenty of flexibility and agility as it is, so I wouldn't really gain much on that from being a female. I would just needlessly weaken myself, why even would I do such a thing?
    Women live longer, on average. They also have a lower center of gravity on average so you'd potentially be able to fight better against top-heavy men. Result: more time to bask in the defeat of your enemies.

Years
    Women live longer, on average. They also have a lower center of gravity on average so you'd potentially be able to fight better against top-heavy men. Result: more time to bask in the defeat of your enemies.

Ahahahaa, you reminded me of my statistics exams. My lecturer once told me "Put 'on average' at the end of each comment you write in your exam and on average, you will save more marks if you hadn't done so". I also love the way you used the word gravity and potential in the same sentence even though you used the other definition of potential, as opposed to potential energy i.e gravitational potential energy. What kind of ****ing epic word play is that seriously? THIS IS WHY YOU ARE MY PAIR, FOREVER.

But let's face it, Scarfy - can I still call you that? I like Scarfy. By the time I become an old man, I probably wouldn't want to be living anyway, so I can reasonably disregard your first statement. As for your second statement, I'd be losing out on weight advantage more often than not. Generally speaking it's better to be heavier than your opponent but admittedly it depends on the situation so that's give and take really. Too many variables involved for me to refute or agree with your second statement.

Your result is a tad misleading though. A man aged 50 is the same age as a woman aged 50. I mean I'd have to be some sort of demon spawn woman to be fighting at like 90+ or whatever.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Hm.
    I don't really know. I'd like to keep the life I have, but even if I'm allowed to get it back (as a male), I'd rather not have to live through everything again.
    That alone is making me lean toward staying as I am.
    So, nope. I'm cool with being female. I had forgotten about living longer because of it, though...I don't much appreciate that (I would prefer to die closer to being young than elderly), but eh. I'll die when I die.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I was actually talking about this with my friend yesterday. He said that girls' lives were easier because all we ever do is "Just sit there and look pretty," which ended up in us bickering haha.

Anyway, if I'd be given a chance to be born as a male but can return back to being a female whenever I want to, I'd gladly take that opportunity. But if I can't turn back to my current gender, then no, I wouldn't take that chance.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've actually thought about this a lot. I think with my current brain, being born as a girl would be quite interesting. But once it happens, I wouldn't have the same brain. Growing up, I'd wonder what it'd be like to be a boy.

I think another major factor is also being born again. Perhaps I could make more out of the first two decades of my life, whether or not being a girl has anything to do with it idk, I think in this case being born again has more weight.

Yeah I'd probably do it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Assuming I can live the rest of my life, yeah. I would. In fact, it's part of my belief system that you alternate sexes during reincarnation anyway.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Hahahaha . . .

:| I don't like this...

I wouldn't want to be born again as a man. Sure, it's a man's world, so you'd probably get so much further in life, but I like myself, as a girl.

Plus, you'd have a thingy. Who'd want that? D:

Back