• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You Woke Up The Opposite Sex...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    If I had a boyfriend this would be the perfect time to say "I wake up the opposite sex every morning!" :D

Honestly though, first I would freak out because what the heck. Then, I'd go to the gym and see how much I can lift. If I could lift more than 50 pounds that would be an improvement so...I'd feel pretty proud of myself. Then I'd go right back to freaking out, and would probably spend the rest of my days cursing the heavens about my horrible, and unusual fate.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I'd be pretty depressed. I like the sweet simplicity of being a dude. I can pee where I want, my clothes don't come in 70 sizes, and I'm not tasked with pushing small humans from my sex organs? No thanks, I'm goin back to bed wake me up when it dangles again.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    If I had a boyfriend this would be the perfect time to say "I wake up the opposite sex every morning!" :D

Honestly though, first I would freak out because what the heck. Then, I'd go to the gym and see how much I can lift. If I could lift more than 50 pounds that would be an improvement so...I'd feel pretty proud of myself. Then I'd go right back to freaking out, and would probably spend the rest of my days cursing the heavens about my horrible, and unusual fate.
    It depends on what OP means by waking up as the opposite sex.
    If it just changes your body to the opposite sex, then your muscular mass should remain the same so you wouldn't be able to lift any more than you currently do. It would however be much easier to gain muscular mass if you worked out.

But if they mean, waking up in someone else's body of the opposite gender, then it would depend on if that person had a lot of muscle. :p

and I'm not tasked with pushing small humans from my sex organs?

Well, having children is not mandatory.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Well, having children is not mandatory.

Very true, however as someone whose about 80% sure I want kids as a female its then me giving birth to them. It was in my highschool health class I learned how lucky I was to be born a dude. Nothing in this world would to me would be worth waking up as a chick... No offense ladies :D.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Well, my first thought would probably be something like "I'm so ugly!". {XD}

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
    Don't think I'd do much really aside from learning how to use the male genital.

peeing without sitting down is pretty awesome

play with boobs

same, same

I'd be interested to experience a period and what true pain is. I think I might enjoy it more than being a man? Now I by no means hate being a man nor think of myself as trans but if I woke up as a woman I'd say a lot of things I'm interested in are constrained due to societal expectations because I am male.

All that being said though I'd probably hate the political atmosphere around my sex the most.

Also I'd hate buying bras. I actually bought a bra for one of my friends the other day because she was short on cash and needed one. She was surprised when I offered to pay for it, but I just said "If it was a video game or something else I would have said the same thing. How does being a bra change anything?" The outcome of that exchange however was me being $53 poorer, RIP wallet.

Oh also buying feminine care products would suck because of the financial burden especially when I make less (presumably) for the same job.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    So I guess this would make me straight? Or gay?

Anyways, I would be more worried about what the heck i do with my life... like how will friends and family react to this? Assuming that wont be an issue, idk what the heck is normal to where. Id probably dress more like a guy...

This might just make my anxieties 10x worse.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'd immediately go have the surgery to change back.
    Someone here is not thinking creatively.

nsfw stuff is probably what I'd do first tho, after briefly wondering how/why it happened
    Almost certainly this, then go back to sleep and wonder if it'll be gone. If it persists then I'm off to buy a ton of dresses and flirt with cute boys.

Ammako

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I've always considered my gender to be a near obsolete quality. Am I weird?

No, you be you. Everyone feels differently about it, and that's okay.
    In fact that's probably better because it means it's likely to never be much of a problem for you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I could bypass the homosexual wannabes and maybe carry a lighter body. Hopefully I can get my good strength back and also a big brain. I might get smaller hands but I might enjoy expressing myself with the new body.

Maybe going swimming in a bikini and have a beautiful new body. Also going to the beach and pools in the bikini is pretty fun. Having breasts is also good and having the female genitals would be fun. I will have a cuter butt. It would be funny, if I show my private parts with the new body. Now I can get more clothing option and show beautiful legs. I would have amazing long hair by then.

I would miss having good old erections and hard abs. If I can maintain my strength, the rapists will no choice but to retreat and run away. I will also miss meeting the hot girls.

Years
    No, you be you. Everyone feels differently about it, and that's okay.
    In fact that's probably better because it means it's likely to never be much of a problem for you.

Sure. As long as others don't see me as the awkward oddball I guess it's a good thing.
    Tbh I don't feel anything at all when when it comes to my gender emotion-wise. It's hard for me to feel okay about not having feelings for something that is supposedly the key to a much happier life for others. What if I would be much happier as a trans without knowing it?

Last edited:

Ammako

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Sure. As long as others don't see me as the awkward oddball I guess it's a good thing.
    Tbh I don't feel anything at all when when it comes to my gender emotion-wise. It's hard for me to feel okay about not having feelings for something that is supposedly the key to a much happier life for others. What if I would be much happier as a trans without knowing it?

Could be a possibility. That's something you may figure out later if that turns out to be the case.
    For now, as long as you didn't genuinely feel unhappy it's not really worth worrying about. :p

Also, if you're worried about being seen as different/odd, it'd be much worse as trans, haha.
    It can be the key to a much happier life for other people but it doesn't mean everyone has to feel that way about their gender. A lot of people don't really care about it either. Everyone's different.

Years
    Could be a possibility. That's something you may figure out later if that turns out to be the case.
    For now, as long as you didn't genuinely feel unhappy it's not really worth worrying about. :p

Also, if you're worried about being seen as different/odd, it'd be much worse as trans, haha.
    It can be the key to a much happier life for other people but it doesn't mean everyone has to feel that way about their gender. A lot of people don't really care about it either. Everyone's different.

Admittedly, I am too outgoing sometimes. I wish opinions could be more black and white. It's hard to truly respect something you don't understand without giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    Regardless of how I feel or how different I am, the fact of the matter is that respect is important, and "the benefit of the doubt" is just a form of pseudo-respect. I wonder how meaningful that is.
    I might be swooping from the original subject too much. Sorry. I'll end it here and make a new thread if I have any other thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
    Back