• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm happily single

I am...

• Single

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Dating someone

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Engaged

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Married

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Broke up with my girlfriend a few months ago. While I was sad at first, I'm gla that I did. Overall I feel like I'm a stronger person now, and I think I'm going to stay single until college next year or at least until summer. For one I'm too busy to hang out with a girl, plus I like to be by myself. Girlfriends are a lot of responsibility and a lot of money, but they are worth it. I have exes that I still talk to, and some which I don't. Most of my breakups have been bad however. :p

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Approaching three years with my boyfriend! We started dating at the end of our senior year in high school and we're getting ready to graduate with our associate degrees. Our relationship is really good, I'd say. We've had a few big fights but we're still really close. We've texted or Skyped every single day since we started dating, which is really weird to think about though. In a good way.

Years
  • I feel like I've been lacking someone I can enjoy myself with over more than just carnal activities. I want to be challenged emotionally.
    Mostly I want someone to hang out with, without any ulterior motive other than I genuinely enjoy being in their company.
    I think I hold on to my independence a little too much. I don't know psychology I'm going to go with that.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I'm single and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm also still in high school so there is no rush whatsoever. When I was younger I used to want to have a boyfriend really badly, but then I grew up, and realized that I don't need that. I personally find friendships more rewarding anyway. A romantic relationship can fail for a variety of reason, but a good, secure friendship will never fail you. Then again, some good romantic relationships started as friendships. Example, my parents. They met at a Pottery Barn and were together for 30 years.

To sum it up, I'm single, but I have plenty of great friendships so I'm not lonely. I also have (hopefully) at least 70 more years of my life to go, so no rush there.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Nothing really. Steady dating never has been part of my love life, with only week long affairs being the norm.

Guest123_x1

Although I have had several crushes, I have never had an actual girlfriend per se, and probably never will either, as much as I'd like to have one. (It's bad enough one of my coworkers who says incredibly stupid things claims over and over he has a girlfriend, then says he's married, and then getting a divorce, when none of these things apply to him.)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I can't really call it single because we're too close, and I can't really call it in a relationship since we're TECHNICALLY not in a relationship, but either way if I sat on either side I'd be lying. I'm in relationship limbo right now. :s But I love him very much. Even if things don't work out I'll make sure he's a happy camper because he's a great guy. :>

We hung out on Wednesday and all I can say is WOWZERS. :>>>>>>

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Yah Diablo is single. I miss my ex very much though. Hmmmm I need to find another Diabla.

Outlier

Being alone for long periods of time stinks. Period. I'm not a needy person by any means. But not having someone to cuddle with, spend intimate nights with, go out with. Just sucks.

And when I say long periods of time I don't mean like those people who might spend a couple weeks being single here and there before transitioning into another relationship. I'm talking about dry spells that can last for many months and in some cases years at a time. Being alone for too long is maddening.

Hercules

divine hero
    Years
  • I'm single and not really looking for someone, but I'm keeping an eye out in case "the one" comes along. 'Nuff said.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • I'm single and have been single all of my life. I'm really not sure if I want a relationship or not. Sure I've had a crush or two but never really talked to them and gotten over them ever since. I can't see myself in a serious relationship right now. I just like having friends over girlfriends. Maybe sometime in the future that will change but not now.

^ I'm with you there good sir.

Outlier

Just be happy if you have experienced these things, many of us have never have and will not for a very long time. For some this isn't a concern and I can respect and admire those who value themselves and their aspirations, it's very useful, unfortunately I am one who envies the people people like Elitist even if I am not one and my desires cause me much harm :(

Sorry man. I haven't been in a relationship either bro. I wasn't trying to imply I had been in one either but I can definitely see why you would assume I was based on what I wrote. I wasn't very clear now that I read back on that post.

I'm grateful for the friendships I've had and even the potential relationships that never came to fruition. But I never had a girlfriend and I can sympathize with people who are in the same situation such as yourself. Or even people who go long periods of time without anyone to just hang out with.

The gist of what I'm trying to say is being alone for too long (in any sense) sucks. I should have just left it that instead of rambling on haha.

*edit* also if I could give any advice to my 17 year old self it would be to really try and get into a relationship. Sounds obvious enough but just go for it. Because in my opinion it gets a lot harder to meet people once high school ends.

Last edited:

Outlier

I'd like to rescind my previous post of single and replace it with 'dating someone' :3

bfdk8Hx5E.gif

Years
  • I've been single my whole life. It doesn't bother me. There aren't a whole lot of people that I like anyway. I start college next year, so I'll meet a lot of new people then. Maybe I'll find a relationship there, but you never know. I'll meet somebody meant for me one day.

Back