• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm in charge here!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Are you a natural leader? When performing group tasks, do you tend to take charge (even if someone else has been appointed 'the leader') or are you more the type to sit back and let other people make the decisions whilst you work on what needs doing?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Its really hard for me to take initiative so Im usually a follower. I suppose I could be a leader if I felt I needed to be or wanted to though. Its not really my best skill though.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I'm not much of a leader, especially not when someone else is put in charge. I can't be aggressive when it comes to people, I just don't have it in me. Of course though I'll be a diligent worker, just not the one who gives the orders.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm rarely the natural leader of the group, even though I am usually most suited to the job, because I find that the natural leader is usually the guy who shouts the loudest and talks a lot, yet says so little.

Years
  • I wouldn't call myself a natural leader, but it's something I can grow into. Like at work. When I first started I wouldn't have dreamed of taking charge of anything there. Now I do it all the time.

In general, though, if there are people above me that can do their job, I'll let them do their thing. If I'm comfortable with calling them out when I think something isn't right, I will. Otherwise, I go with the flow.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't think I'm a natural leader, but I generally do tend to take charge when I'm put in a group. Not in a forceful way. It's in a more "Just stay out of my way because if I do it, it'll be easier on everyone." It's not because of any good reason, I just think that if I do most of the work, I'll do it better than the other people in my group because generally the people in my group are idiots.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I like being the leader. I enjoy making the shots and tell people what's best for them. But sometimes being put in groups for group work are my weakest points, because I tend to become more of a follower when someone else tries to take charge. Overall, there are times that I do tend to take charge and lead my group to success, and other times I tend to fall back and follow.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Bah, I'm not a leader at all. I prefer to either be independent, or play a more passive role if I must work within a group. However, I do feel tempted to take leadership if the group I'm in tends to be... incompetent. So one could say I'm an emergency leader, but besides that, I have no real permanent leadership skills.

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
    Years
  • If it means anything to you, I'm Sanguine-Choleric. I'm quite bossy amongst my friends, but I'm pretty good at leading people to wherever they need to go. I'm very competitive, my problem is that I push people too hard sometimes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I absolutely am, without a single doubt in the world. In the seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth grade, we had a competition called Future City in my Pre-Engineering classes that required a large group of people (about twenty in the class each year) to cooperate with each to do a few things, including develop a futuristic concept that would appeal to and conceivably rectify a problem, write an essay and a presentation for it, as well as build a model showing it.

This was always a huge task for us, and when it came down to dividing up the groups, getting to work on each part of the competition's sections, I would almost always end up being the one deciding who would do what (based on my precursor knowledge of each individual's strengths and weaknesses) and I would end up being apart of the essay writing group, which I would also oversee. Every. Year. Ideally I would be in charge of coming up with the core of the essay and finishing it myself, so I was pretty much the writer, haha. Everyone else did nothing.

When it came to the other parts of the competition, I wouldn't really step in and put much effort forth unless tensions rose due to upcoming deadlines or just general arguments (in large groups like that, you're going to have conflicts at some point or another) in which case I would be one of the only ones with a head on his shoulders, forcing me to say something. That kind of thing comes up naturally nowadays in group work or otherwise.

Anyway, went off on a tangent there, sorry. In short, and not to sound conceited, but I do find myself to be a leader.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm not a natural leader, but more of a follower. When someone else takes the leading role in, for example, a group assignment, I very gladly follow along and do what I only need to do. Given my quiet nature, well, this is what I generally do best.

If I were to be forcefully given the leadership role though....I don't know. I've never really led anything before, so I don't know what I should do. I would try my very best to lead, but I don't think I would do a good job. There was..one traumatic incident during my high school days that involved me being the involuntary leader of a group and..yeah. It wasn't a happy ending. End of story. *sigh*

Anyway, I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone these days though. Being a follower all the time isn't going to benefit me in the future, and one day, I might have to lead my own company.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I like to be the leader of things, but unfortunately, I don't always get picked as the leader. I'm a pretty good follower, tho.

Years
  • I'm more comfortable being in charge of one thing I know I can do rather than being in charge overall. I don't like making decisions for other people. My kind of leadership is more like: "I'm doing this. You all do whatever needs to get done." I can function as a leader and do more leader-y things, but it's not my natural state of being.

Vαηєℓℓσρє

ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...
    Years
  • I'm the type of person that can do both. I'm passive, so that usually puts me in the follower position. Which really isn't that bad, since you don't have a lot of responsibility. But whenever I see someone do a poor job, or can't take their role, I love to just step in and take charge. It's easy to give out good instructions and ideas when you've gone through so many yourself.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • In answer to the question, yes and no...people always try to get me to lead the group,but most of the time I prefer to just stay back, go with the flow, and have fun.

However...if the situation is more important then that's when I get serious.

Observation › Estimation › Evaluation › Final Determination

That's the order I do things, if I see someone as unfit to be leader then i'll seize control depending on the importance of the task.
    It takes a lot to make me take leadership when somebody else already has assumed the role though!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like to control everything, so... yes. Except in actual group projects, way too lazy to be a leader there, but when it comes to people I like to make the decisions, do everything, etc even if I'm not meant to. n_n;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Hardly. If I'm appointed leader then I'll atempt to get others to replace me. But if that fails, then I just get on with the task that need doing I suppose. I can be a good leader if I have to, but I much prefer following. I'm more of an independent worker anyway, so I usually avoid working collaboratively. Haha.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I'm the one who will give out infos and research data and stuff if ever I'm assigned to a group(which I normally avoid -_-). I don't like to lead, I would mess up things.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I always want to be in charge of everything that happens, if someone else is in charge I'll sit in a huff not taking part in the project.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • You can shave my wool whenever you like, I'm a sheep all the way. I'm indecisive and I hate making decisions. I'd much rather be told what to do and just go ahead and do it than have to umm and ahh over something for a million years beforehand.

Back