• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Imagine if you were a Professor

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • A newly Pokemon Professor, in whatever region you'd like! Now, as a pokemon professor, what kinds of things would you research? For example, Professor Rowan typically researches pokemon evolution, and goes into topics like, "why do pokemon evolve?" and also, "why do certain pokemon don't evolve?". Stuff like that!

So, just to reiterate, what sorts of subjects, pokemon related, would you research if you were a professor? IN what region? Feel free to get creative with this!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Hoenn professor researching Pokemon individual values and why some Pokemon were born stronger than others. Call me Professor Palm because I love palm trees.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd be Professor Willow. I'd study all Pokemon, but I'd be most interested in my favorites mostly grass, steel, and fairy types. I'd have a Pokemon garden full of grass types where I mainly study grass types. Are they plants or are they pokemon?

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I'd love to study fossil type pokemon and the origins of prehistoric pokemon. My name would be Prof. Uproot >▪>

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Professor Evergreen, studier of Strategies(like watching battles all day and seeing why some pokemon are able to pull off commands perfectly whole some have troubles but mostly watching battles all day XD) or maybe a Ranger Prof......

Years
  • I'd probably research prehistoric or legendary pokemon (maybe both?)

As far as prehistoric pokemon go, I'd want to study how they lived, how they handle reanimation and modern environments, behaviour etc.
    When it comes to legendary pokemon I'd want to look into their effects upon the world around them, their creation/evolution and I'd want to separate facts from mythology.

Years
  • I would be in Unova, as a paranormal researcher.
    I would study ghost and physic types. I want to find out how a ghost type can be living and dead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were a professor, I would likely be in Orre, researching shadow-Pokémon.

Although we get to learn a lot of things about them by playing-through XD: Gale of Darkness and Colosseum, if Pokémon world had existed, I would imagine me to make myself familiar with them a lot more by studying that particular aspect. Shadow-Pokémon is interesting, generally; would love to figure out as to how they all actually come to be, how they're more powerful than average Pokémon, and so forth.

Aside from that, being in either Hoenn or Kalos to research mega-evolution wouldn't be too bad, either. If I were to pick one region, however, I would likely go with former, as I'm much, much more big of a Hoenn fan than Kalos (its towns, cities, and so forth are quite fun to hang around).

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'd research durable energy. I'd probably revolutionize the pokemon world. I mean, how are there still power plants if there are electric pokemon? My name would be professor Tulip.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I would be called Vitali and I would study Pokemon biology and combat. I would study how stats are determined for Pokemon and what their capabilities for battle are. I would clear out what Hit Points are and why certain Pokemon have high HP while others low. Like, why would a Blissey or Wobbuffet have more HP than a Wailord or Snorlax. Or why Chansey has the lowest defense, even lower than a worm or a bat or a fish or a jellyfish. Chansey seems like a normal animal. Bones, muscles and skin. It is only logical to have more defense than tentacool.

Years
  • I'd want to research various mysteries like why Kangahskan hatch fully grown with a baby that never grows up in their pouch, Magikarp and Feebas, Cubones in general and how some pokemon are shiny and otheres aren't. I think I'd be called Professor Java.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I want to research how Pokémon live in nature and how they live in harmony, and using the roots of the research to find out how to make the better environment for both human and Pokémon alike. I'll reside in Hoenn because it's the region which is full of nature, which fits the criteria of my research.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I want to research the legendary pokemons and with the help of the research i will try to find out that Pokemons ever die. :)
    or i will try to find out as legendary pokemons are the creator of the Pokemon or not? ^^
    My name would be Professor jiggmaker :)

Years
  • I'd like to research how Pokemon manage to fit in that tiny red and white ball in the first place. If they're living beings, what makes them become energy? Are they actually energy that project a physical form, and if so, where do their elemental powers come from? If the energy transformation is a human discovery, how was it discovered, and what negative effects does it have on the Pokemon that are captured as opposed to the ones that are allowed to live freely?

I refuse to be known as "Professor," though. Call me Doctor Beech.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Probably something to do with types. What makes a Pokemon a certain type, often two? What determines the type of an attack? Why are attacks super effective, not very effective or just normal? Etc.

I shall be Professor Baobab.

Duckface

Eating Souls Everyday
    Years
  • Professor BlingBling

that researches why trainers give you money after you defeat them
    Why would they fight with money? Is pokemon a gambling scheme?

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I would love to be a professor in the Hoenn region, and I wouldn't be cooped up in a lab either. I would be that professor that's out on the field gathering his own data and knowledge, exploring the region and all the wonders the adventurous region has to offer.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hoenn? Too much water. Put me in the 7th region.

I'd probably be the Professor looking into why certain species are more powerful than their sister species i.e. why are certain Mouse types stronger than other mouse types or why certain snake Pokemon are weaker or learn different moves when they are of similar genome. Why do different Pokemon like different flavours?

"I am Professor Kingwood. I am a Pokemon Professor to be more precise. I've been fascinated with the Pokemon world for as long as I can remember, taking notes, reading books, writing dissertations. . . ah! I digress, needless to say the world we inhabit is vast and paved with new Pokemon species just waiting to be discovered around the corner! The road to discovery is an exciting endeavor, and can even be a treacherous one, but in my years of travel I haven't had a single regret. I can tell, you have a gleam in your eye not unlike the one I had some time ago. You must be ready for your journey, hm? But eh. . . first things first; are you a boy, or a girl. . .?"

Ripped trivia: Kingwood is a classic furniture wood, almost exclusively used for inlays on very fine furniture. It was the most expensive wood in general use for furniture making in the seventeenth century, at which time it was known as princes wood.

Back