• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Where do I find an Altarianite? I plan to use a Mega Altaria in my team in need to balance my physical-based and special-based Pokemon. Plus, what's the preferred Hidden Power for Contrary Serperior, as I've been soft resetting for my Timid Serperior from the delivery woman as of now.

best hidden power for Serperior is Rock as it covers 4 of it's 5 weaknesses types: Fire, Ice, Flying and Bug

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    No, HP Fire is more important because without it, Serperior is walled badly by Steels.

Well shoot, I got a Timid Serperior w/ HP Fire, but I had to soft reset because I was following Zekrom's advice to go for HP Ice or Ground. I could have saved my game there and then. *headdesk*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Well shoot, I got a Timid Serperior w/ HP Fire, but I had to soft reset because I was following Zekrom's advice to go for HP Ice or Ground. I could have saved my game there and then. *headdesk*

I got a timid HA fire Serperior, so I can try to breed one for you if you like/still need one.

Last edited:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
    taking a break from breeding in Y and gonna start my ruby game. I've chose my starter and stuff but the layout is different to XY, are we back to the GTS stations or will all the info come up on the bottom screen again, when can I see my friends and trade and stuff please?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    taking a break from breeding in Y and gonna start my ruby game. I've chose my starter and stuff but the layout is different to XY, are we back to the GTS stations or will all the info come up on the bottom screen again, when can I see my friends and trade and stuff please?
    ORAS still has XY's PSS system, which is exactly the same as it was in X/Y. There's just additional stuff too like the DexNav, BuzzNav, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    so when do I get access to it?

Pretty sure it's when you visit Devon Corp for the first time after saving Peeko
    Wrong. You get the PSS, Super Training and Pokemon-Amie from Wally after the capture tutorial.
    I've got my serperior from the event but what's the best nature and IV's to have so I can breed and hatch HA Snivys

Timid, preferably Hidden Power Fire; this needs a 30 or even IVs in Speed.

Hidden Power IVs here: https://3dspedia.com/iv-spreads-hidden-power-types-pokemon-xy/

Years
    So I know the DexNav can get you Pokémon with Hidden Abilities and special moves, but they can also learn level-up moves sooner as well? Because I just caught a Level 30 Heracross with Megahorn, when it's said to learn that at Level 37 instead. Not that i'm complaining, it's pretty cool even, just not what I remembered.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So I know the DexNav can get you Pokémon with Hidden Abilities and special moves, but they can also learn level-up moves sooner as well? Because I just caught a Level 30 Heracross with Megahorn, when it's said to learn that at Level 37 instead. Not that i'm complaining, it's pretty cool even, just not what I remembered.

Megahorn also happens to be an egg move for some reason.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    This may sound silly, but here's goes nothing.

How exactly in Hoenn can you engage the Horde Wild battles more often? There's no real distinction as to where you can encounter them, unlike in X&Y.

Years
    This may sound silly, but here's goes nothing.

How exactly in Hoenn can you engage the Horde Wild battles more often? There's no real distinction as to where you can encounter them, unlike in X&Y.

I know Hordes can actually be triggered in early routes, but I don't think natural hordes happen until Route 118 I guess, but then again there is stuff with Sweet Scent that can be easily caught, such as Surskit or Oddish.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What's the highest level that the DexNav's search level can go to?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What's the highest level that the DexNav's search level can go to?

level 999 however you get the Dexnav to display the most information at once at around level 25, and the chances are maximized for the most star potential, having egg moves and hidden abilities at level 100: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav

Question: So does anyone know if the Micle, Custap, Jaboca and Rowap berries are tradeable yet? I have literally every single other berry and those are the last 4 I need

Second question: So Serebii says Crescent Island has hidden items in addition to Cresselia: https://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml however I have never found hidden items there and I've been there three times with the dowsing machine and it doesn't react to anything anywhere, what items are they talking about and where?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Why have I not been able to acquire the Diancite yet?

Yes, I know you have to have Diancie in your party. Yes, I know entering a Pokémon Center as such triggers an event. I have done that. I have not received my Diancite. Do you have to be in the Hall of Fame to get it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back