• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So are Mindibuzz and Braviary related in any way? I ask because Mandibuzz is always female and Braviary is always male so are they the same species except male is one and female is the other (like illumise and volbeat) or are they just two completely unrelated pokemon?

Years
    So are Mindibuzz and Braviary related in any way? I ask because Mandibuzz is always female and Braviary is always male so are they the same species except male is one and female is the other (like illumise and volbeat) or are they just two completely unrelated pokemon?

Both of the pairs of Pokemon you mentioned are more counterparts than the same species. But yes, they do seem to be related in some way, as all 4 Pokemon are version-exclusives in certain games.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What happen if I pokebanked my pokemon that knows a move from ORAS to X/Y. But in X/Y did not know a move from ORAS?
    Will the ORAS moves/attack be deleted or resulting a glitch?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What happen if I pokebanked my pokemon that knows a move from ORAS to X/Y. But in X/Y did not know a move from ORAS?
    Will the ORAS moves/attack be deleted or resulting a glitch?

As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon with Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent and Hyperspace Fury can be sent to Poke Bank from OR/AS, but Poke Bank itself won't let you send those Pokemon to X/Y, as all four moves weren't programmed in X/Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Both of the pairs of Pokemon you mentioned are more counterparts than the same species. But yes, they do seem to be related in some way, as all 4 Pokemon are version-exclusives in certain games.

well, Volbeat and Illumise aren't really counterparts, they really are the same species as they can be bred together and they both come from the same egg but males are Volbeats and females are Illumise https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/313.shtml (kind of like the Nidorans, or if you were to take evolutions too, the Meowstic, Combee or Mothim/Wormadam)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    well, Volbeat and Illumise aren't really counterparts, they really are the same species as they can be bred together and they both come from the same egg but males are Volbeats and females are Illumise https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/313.shtml (kind of like the Nidorans, or if you were to take evolutions too, the Meowstic, Combee or Mothim/Wormadam)

Technically, Volbeat and Illumise are not the same species, as both learn different moves by level-up. They're closely related, but that doesn't make them the same species.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Technically, Volbeat and Illumise are not the same species, as both learn different moves by level-up. They're closely related, but that doesn't make them the same species.

So by that logic male and female Meowstic are different species.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think they're the same specie because both share the same Pokédex number anyway.

Wait, I see what you're saying, by species I don't mean pokemon with teh same pokedex number, I obviously meant pokemon lines. (so by species, I obviously meant that Ralts, Kirlia, and Gallade are all the same species since breeding any of them results in a Ralts egg. You can put a Volbeat in daycare with a ditto and get an Illumise egg, you can't put a Seviper in daycare with a Ditto and get a Zangoose egg, so obviously Volbeat and Illumise are the same species line, wheras things like Metagross and Dragonite aren't because you can't get one from the other or any variations in the line from one for the other)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2015
    I've also got another question: is there any other way, besides Pokemon Bank, to transfer Pokemon from B and W to Alpha Sapphire?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Question: if I never visited a Mirage island from yesterday, will it ever reappear?

I've also got another question: is there any other way, besides Pokemon Bank, to transfer Pokemon from B and W to Alpha Sapphire?

1. Mirage Spots change every day, so if you never visited today's Mirage Spot, there's a chance it may appear again within a few days. You can also enable StreetPass, connect to the PSS and update BuzzNav to gain access to other people's Mirage Spots in addition to the one your game generated.

2. Pokemon Bank is the only way to transfer Pokemon from Gen V to VI, I'm afraid.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Has it been announced, or discovered, what happens if one chooses not to renew their Pokebank license? Mine expires in around 5 days. Ideally I would just like to claim the Johto starters, leave a bunch of stuff there that aren't that important to me there to rot, and renew my license several months later (during the summer) because I won't have the time top lay pokemon until then anyways.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Has it been announced, or discovered, what happens if one chooses not to renew their Pokebank license? Mine expires in around 5 days. Ideally I would just like to claim the Johto starters, leave a bunch of stuff there that aren't that important to me there to rot, and renew my license several months later (during the summer) because I won't have the time top lay pokemon until then anyways.

I don't know how long, but if you wait to long to renew it, everything within your bank will be deleted.

Years
    That's right; I remember hearing stuff about how you had a certain amount of days to claim everything from Bank otherwise it would probably all go. Or you wouldn't be able to access them until you did... Although I was able to renew my subscription just yesterday I think, or maybe before then. It was sometime this week, I don't know.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Did game freak put in a new way to evolve magneton, since players can no longer trade with older games

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

You won't be able to renew your license, instead you'll get a whole new account (I know, semantics, but just pointing it out for clarity's sake) anything you left in Pokebank will be gone by the time a few months goes by so you'll be starting fresh with a whole new bank. If I were you I would renew now even if you're not playing because people always forget that you're accumulating pokemiles/battle points with pokebank, I got a couple hundred battle points just in the last couple of months or so and they come in very handy, particularly if you're breeding (in addition to cashing them in for battle items at the battle maison, you also need battle points for the move tutors in ORAS) so I don't know about you, but I would rather pay $5 and come back in a few months to have a ton of free battle points waiting for me rather than having to go through battle maison battle by battle for 1 battle point each

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Question:

So Pokemon banks released the jhoto starters in their event. I've checked the bank, said I got them, now have to get them through Pokemon link. But my Pokemon link doesn't show up on my games main menu? I've used it with this game, though I have restarted a new file. How do I get Pokemon link?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back