• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
  • Hey, thanks for the reply.that is what I am thinking. But in a few of the videos I watched it said you did not have to... Maybe it was talking about e4. Just wanted to see if anyone here had a for sure answer.
    Thanks again!

You may not have to beat the elite 4, but you might at least need the gyms done. Because lemme tell ya, that Spiritomb's level 50 hahah. So beware. If you're able to catch it btw - you'll get that 'being watched message' and an exclamation mark.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do you get anything for catching all the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex? I just showed mine to Birch after seeing them all, and he gave me the Oval Charm. He also says that I've "completed the Hoenn PokeDex" when I show it to him again, and my Trainer Card updated to Silver rank.

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
    Years
  • Are there any item(s) which increase the chance that a move will hit - for example Sheer Cold, or Hypnosis? If not, what is the most accurate move such as Hypnosis, or Sleep Powder which puts other Pokémon to sleep?

Trying to make a guide, thanks!

Years
  • Are there any item(s) which increase the chance that a move will hit - for example Sheer Cold, or Hypnosis? If not, what is the most accurate move such as Hypnosis, or Sleep Powder which puts other Pokémon to sleep?

Spore, a move usually only learned by mushroom-based Pokemon families (Paras, Shroomish and Foongus lines) has 100% accuracy. As for items that increase accuracy, there's the Wide Lens.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years

For the first question, I'm not exactly sure. I know there are moves such as Foresight, Mind Reader, and Oder Sleuth that make you guaranteed to hit on the next turn so you can try that.

For the second one, Spore is a 100% accurate sleep move. But I think only Parasect can learn that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Wide Lens increases the accuracy of the holder's moves by 10%.

Even with the Wide Lens boost, Hypnosis and OHKO moves are still very inaccurate.

Spore is the most accurate sleep move, with 100% accuracy, with Dark Void coming in close, with 80% accuracy.

Sometimes it might not be a bad idea to search for things on Bulbapedia, FYI.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Are there any item(s) which increase the chance that a move will hit - for example Sheer Cold, or Hypnosis? If not, what is the most accurate move such as Hypnosis, or Sleep Powder which puts other Pokémon to sleep?

Wide Lens and Zoom Lens boost accuracy. Spore is the most accurate sleep-inducing move (although Grass types and Pokemon with Insomnia or Overcoat are unaffected by it).

Years
  • Do you get anything for catching all the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex? I just showed mine to Birch after seeing them all, and he gave me the Oval Charm. He also says that I've "completed the Hoenn PokeDex" when I show it to him again, and my Trainer Card updated to Silver rank.

You can get a reward from the director in Lilycove if you show him a complete Pokedex. I'm not sure if it requires you to just have to see them all or catch them since I caught them all before going to see him.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Sorry if this has been asked, but are any of the legends shiny locked?

Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys. Everything else can be obtainable as shinies.

In 6th Gen it's a general rule (I think) that all plot-relevant Legendaries are shiny-locked (although all the Legendaries in X/Y are shiny-locked), and the four I listed are integral to the plot of the main story and Delta Episode respectively.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys. Everything else can be obtainable as shinies.

In 6th Gen it's a general rule (I think) that all plot-relevant Legendaries are shiny-locked (although all the Legendaries in X/Y are shiny-locked), and the four I listed are integral to the plot of the main story and Delta Episode respectively.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure that this latios I am SR'ing for is not locked as it has been alot of resetting.

Nakala Pri

I'm gonna hold off the league for as long as I can, since I need to level up heaps. And with my new edition, a Lv. 13 Seel, I need lots of experiences to bring it up to mid sixty, like the rest of my Pokemon.

Is there anywhere to get really good experience? The AreaNav is useful but I kinda need something better. >:)

Years
  • I'm gonna hold off the league for as long as I can, since I need to level up heaps. And with my new edition, a Lv. 13 Seel, I need lots of experiences to bring it up to mid sixty, like the rest of my Pokemon.

Is there anywhere to get really good experience? The AreaNav is useful but I kinda need something better. >:)

There's not much Pokemon that give off high EXP in Hoenn, your best bet as far as I know is battling Secret Base trainers with Chansey, Blissey and/or Audino. Or if you can't do that, then you have to resort to Trainer rematches via the PokeNav's Trainer's Eyes.

Years
  • I'm gonna hold off the league for as long as I can, since I need to level up heaps. And with my new edition, a Lv. 13 Seel, I need lots of experiences to bring it up to mid sixty, like the rest of my Pokemon.

If you google Pokémon ORAS Blissey Base you'll find sites that list Super Secret Bases that have a Blissey trainer (usually 3x Blissey that only knows Healing Wish). You can add those to your bases list and then place them in your own base, then come back to your own base daily for 6k exp per Blissey.

If it's a Seel and you want levels ASAP, do not evolve it at 34. Unevolved Pokémon gain bonus exp. :) (I thought I should add this since I did not know that personally)

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Maybe I'm blind, but has anyone found out where to get destiny knot yet? And if not, does anyone have one they could spare me? <3 (In ORAS)

Years
  • Maybe I'm blind, but has anyone found out where to get destiny knot yet? And if not, does anyone have one they could spare me? <3 (In ORAS)

You can get one by winning a Master Rank Contest or by beating a Young Couple a few times in Sea Mauville, though I've been trying to get the latter for the longest time and still haven't pulled it off.

Which reminds me- has anyone figured out exactly how to get that to work yet? Supposedly you have to find all the treasure and then beat them, but I've done that and they still wont give me the Destiny Knot.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    A couple of things I was wondering:

1) Any good way to farm Heart Scales?

2) How exactly does Mega Evolution work in Multi Battles in the Battle Maison? Will your AI partner Mega Evolve their Pokemon? What if I've already mega evolved one of mine?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back