• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Did Nintendo announce any plans for patching X and Y so there's no more "Kalos Rules" and any of the new items/moves/Megas introduced in ORAS are in the files for X and Y and the games can play online together properly?

No. It was already confirmed the OR/AS items and Megas would not be patched into X/Y.

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    Does pokebanking rest original trainer, place met, affection?does pokebanking have any negative effects on the pokemon? just need to be 100% positive that banking my eevee will not ruin hours of work. Also can you rename banked pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Does pokebanking rest original trainer, place met, affection?does pokebanking have any negative effects on the pokemon? just need to be 100% positive that banking my eevee will not ruin hours of work. Also can you rename banked pokemon?
    All I know is that you won't be able to rename the Pokemon unless you bring it back to the original game, due to how the way OT works.

Anyways, my question thing:
    I just got a shiny kyogre in a giveaway, though I believe it is hacked as it was met in the cave of origin, and it's Shiny, although Kyogre is supposed to be Shiny-locked in ORAS (I believe). Could this potentially harm my game/do something bad?

Years
  • All I know is that you won't be able to rename the Pokemon unless you bring it back to the original game, due to how the way OT works.

I just got a shiny kyogre in a giveaway, though I believe it is hacked as it was met in the cave of origin, and it's Shiny, although Kyogre is supposed to be Shiny-locked in ORAS (I believe). Could this potentially harm my game/do something bad?

Hmm I've personally got a hacked Serperior with Contrary. It doesn't do any harm at all you can just use it. However, you can't use it in online functions.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Hey so I am currently dexnav chaining for a shiny Eevee and I wonder if the chain breaks when the dexnav says that it can't find the pokemon and while you're looking for a different spot the dexnav spots an another hidden pokemon? Can I just sneak up to it and then continue searching for Eevee?

Years
  • Hey so I am currently dexnav chaining for a shiny Eevee and I wonder if the chain breaks when the dexnav says that it can't find the pokemon and while you're looking for a different spot the dexnav spots an another hidden pokemon? Can I just sneak up to it and then continue searching for Eevee?

You should take a quick gander in this thread: www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=340264
    I'd say it does break when you find another Pokémon, but it does not break if it can't find a Pokémon. But I'm not sure hence I linked the guide thread.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    No. It was already confirmed the OR/AS items and Megas would not be patched into X/Y.
    Thanks, but wow really? To be honest, that's actually really annoying. I don't even know why they'd refuse to patch X/Y to make them compatible.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i've been fighting asking for help for the longest buttttt how do you get to pacifidlog?
    i've been stuck trying to figure this out and it sucks

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i've been fighting asking for help for the longest buttttt how do you get to pacifidlog?
    i've been stuck trying to figure this out and it sucks

You just Surf there as far as I know. Once you've cleared Lilycove City and have the Wailmer out of your way there's nothing stopping you from making your way down. Use the AreaNav to help you get there since the water routes can be a bit confusing to navigate.

Reactions: dad

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    All I know is that you won't be able to rename the Pokemon unless you bring it back to the original game, due to how the way OT works.

Ok thank you

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks, but wow really? To be honest, that's actually really annoying. I don't even know why they'd refuse to patch X/Y to make them compatible.

Because people don't know what the term "patch" means. The data for the items and mega pokemon are not in X and Y, in order to ADD the data, all the information would need to be completely rewritten. (Can you ad a 3D rendered Arwing in to a physically copy of Super Mario Bros on your NES using just your NES? no.) the 3DS is not capable of altering the data on a physical cartridge. It WOULD be possible with the digital only copies of the game by simply overwriting the data on your SD card (it's exactly the same as rewriting an app on your phone or tablet) but Gamefreak is not going to update the data for one and not the other. People don't seem to understand that "patch" and "DLC" are two completely different things and fixing the way the 3DS interprets online communication to trade/battle or altering a character from being frozen in Lumiose to not being frozen is fundamentally completely different than adding new character data, polygon models and item data and telling the game what to do when it encounters this item, that character or whatever information it was never programmed with in the first place. a Patch isn't come magical switch you flip that turns Duck Hunt into Call of Duty, it's a software fix to a software error.

People think that "Oh, my ________ game can get downloadable content, so it MUST be doable on every device there is!" when the way DLC actually works is that the game, first and foremost, must be programmed with downloadable content in mind. Second, the thing people ALWAYS forget is that (in the most basic sense) most downloadable content isn't ACTUALLY downloaded, a lot of it is already in the game and you're simply getting the unlock switches telling the game "Yes, this can be accessed by the player now" and everything else the game is already programmed to have this, that or the other (characters, maps, custom whatevers) particularly when cartridge based games are in play (suchs as 3DS games) for example, New Super Mario Bros 2 had downloadable levels, but the levels were actually already built into the game, you simply purchased the switch to not only tell it that you were allowed to play that level, but also the information from Nintendo Servers to tell the game how to build that level. There's never been any new DLC for it, and there never will be because the game was built with only those levels in mind. If a "Patch" could fix that, there would be more levels but a "patch" is not the same as "DLC" Second, Animal Crossing. A game built on DLC both from Nintendo and from other players. Again, all the items are already built into the games, you don't actually GET anything from nintendo or the giveaways, all the data is already built within the games (as was evidenced by the strategy guide and online sites listing every obtainable item the day the game came out) no new items have ever been released, only items that the game already and built into it, and Pokemon is exactly the same way.

Yes, there are mods and hacks and such on cartridges from all kinds of consoles, that is not a question (because people will bring that up) however, not a single one has ever been rewritten using only the console it was meant to play on. the RAM and ROM on a cartridge can absolutely be rewritten, there's no question of that, the thing is that it cannot be rewritten by the device itself because the device was not designed to alter physical game cartridges. Can your toaster out of the box make a milkshake? No. Can your 3DS rewrite the data on your cartridge (other than the save file) no it cannot.

DISC based media on the other hand is a completely different thing (because people will ALWAYS throw that up as the example) but people don't seem to get that dic based media is different than cartridge based media. Again though, the games are limited to what the game was designed to do. if a dic game was built with no DLC in mind, can you play Super Mario Bros U using MewTwo instead of Mario or Luigi or one of the toads? No. Can you download a patch off the internet that lets you do that? No. Can you download a digital game off that internet on your modded Wii U that lets you play a hacked version of the game someone designed to be able to use MewTwo as a character instead of the default 4? Absolutely. But that is not rewriting the game (cartridge or disc) using nothing but the console itself. If the game didn't have DLC in mind, you can't make the console it runs on rewrite the data or add content into it that it wasn't designed to. And I know there's going to be a whole ton of people arguing about theoreticals, but to them I say: "Show me a cartridge that has been rewritten by the consumer level console it was built to run on."

And yes, I know people are also going to say "Oh well they could put the data on the SD card and then have the 3DS access the information from there" but again, the original game would need to be designed to be able to access information from two different sources at the same time, (not just a patch to an online connectivity error which the console itself uses, but actual polygon, character and data content from two sources) and if the original game was not designed to do so, it won't be able to. and seriously, you can't even run a game and change the date on the 3DS at the same time, how is it going to handle accessing two sources of game data? And further to that, if you have a battle with 5 Roselias or even have Rayquaza mega evolve the game slows down and the frame rate drops because the game can barely handle processing the data that's there in the cartridge for that particular instance, does anyone REALLY expect it to be able to handle data for pokemon it was never designed with from one source while simultaneously accessing from the other?

So to summarize, if Pokemon was ONLY digital, yes, they absolutely could have updated for the new items and moves and pokemon, but there's physical games, the 3DS is completely incapable of rewriting game data on a physical cartridge and they're not going to update some people's games but not the others. And even if people do still insist on discussing it, for the love of GOD can everyone stop using "patch" as the be all magical term since it is not a Patch at all?? It's like going to the doctor and asking for a "thingy" when you mean to say "Antibiotics to kill this flesh eating disease before I die" .

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Because people don't know what the term "patch" means. The data for the items and mega pokemon are not in X and Y, in order to ADD the data, all the information would need to be completely rewritten. (Can you ad a 3D rendered Arwing in to a physically copy of Super Mario Bros on your NES using just your NES? no.) the 3DS is not capable of altering the data on a physical cartridge. It WOULD be possible with the digital only copies of the game by simply overwriting the data on your SD card (it's exactly the same as rewriting an app on your phone or tablet) but Gamefreak is not going to update the data for one and not the other. People don't seem to understand that "patch" and "DLC" are two completely different things and fixing the way the 3DS interprets online communication to trade/battle or altering a character from being frozen in Lumiose to not being frozen is fundamentally completely different than adding new character data, polygon models and item data and telling the game what to do when it encounters this item, that character or whatever information it was never programmed with in the first place. a Patch isn't come magical switch you flip that turns Duck Hunt into Call of Duty, it's a software fix to a software error.

People think that "Oh, my ________ game can get downloadable content, so it MUST be doable on every device there is!" when the way DLC actually works is that the game, first and foremost, must be programmed with downloadable content in mind. Second, the thing people ALWAYS forget is that (in the most basic sense) most downloadable content isn't ACTUALLY downloaded, a lot of it is already in the game and you're simply getting the unlock switches telling the game "Yes, this can be accessed by the player now" and everything else the game is already programmed to have this, that or the other (characters, maps, custom whatevers) particularly when cartridge based games are in play (suchs as 3DS games) for example, New Super Mario Bros 2 had downloadable levels, but the levels were actually already built into the game, you simply purchased the switch to not only tell it that you were allowed to play that level, but also the information from Nintendo Servers to tell the game how to build that level. There's never been any new DLC for it, and there never will be because the game was built with only those levels in mind. If a "Patch" could fix that, there would be more levels but a "patch" is not the same as "DLC" Second, Animal Crossing. A game built on DLC both from Nintendo and from other players. Again, all the items are already built into the games, you don't actually GET anything from nintendo or the giveaways, all the data is already built within the games (as was evidenced by the strategy guide and online sites listing every obtainable item the day the game came out) no new items have ever been released, only items that the game already and built into it, and Pokemon is exactly the same way.

Yes, there are mods and hacks and such on cartridges from all kinds of consoles, that is not a question (because people will bring that up) however, not a single one has ever been rewritten using only the console it was meant to play on. the RAM and ROM on a cartridge can absolutely be rewritten, there's no question of that, the thing is that it cannot be rewritten by the device itself because the device was not designed to alter physical game cartridges. Can your toaster out of the box make a milkshake? No. Can your 3DS rewrite the data on your cartridge (other than the save file) no it cannot.

DISC based media on the other hand is a completely different thing (because people will ALWAYS throw that up as the example) but people don't seem to get that dic based media is different than cartridge based media. Again though, the games are limited to what the game was designed to do. if a dic game was built with no DLC in mind, can you play Super Mario Bros U using MewTwo instead of Mario or Luigi or one of the toads? No. Can you download a patch off the internet that lets you do that? No. Can you download a digital game off that internet on your modded Wii U that lets you play a hacked version of the game someone designed to be able to use MewTwo as a character instead of the default 4? Absolutely. But that is not rewriting the game (cartridge or disc) using nothing but the console itself. If the game didn't have DLC in mind, you can't make the console it runs on rewrite the data or add content into it that it wasn't designed to. And I know there's going to be a whole ton of people arguing about theoreticals, but to them I say: "Show me a cartridge that has been rewritten by the consumer level console it was built to run on."

And yes, I know people are also going to say "Oh well they could put the data on the SD card and then have the 3DS access the information from there" but again, the original game would need to be designed to be able to access information from two different sources at the same time, (not just a patch to an online connectivity error which the console itself uses, but actual polygon, character and data content from two sources) and if the original game was not designed to do so, it won't be able to. and seriously, you can't even run a game and change the date on the 3DS at the same time, how is it going to handle accessing two sources of game data? And further to that, if you have a battle with 5 Roselias or even have Rayquaza mega evolve the game slows down and the frame rate drops because the game can barely handle processing the data that's there in the cartridge for that particular instance, does anyone REALLY expect it to be able to handle data for pokemon it was never designed with from one source while simultaneously accessing from the other?

So to summarize, if Pokemon was ONLY digital, yes, they absolutely could have updated for the new items and moves and pokemon, but there's physical games, the 3DS is completely incapable of rewriting game data on a physical cartridge and they're not going to update some people's games but not the others. And even if people do still insist on discussing it, for the love of GOD can everyone stop using "patch" as the be all magical term since it is not a Patch at all?? It's like going to the doctor and asking for a "thingy" when you mean to say "Antibiotics to kill this flesh eating disease before I die" .
    If I had have actually thought about it before I posted I probably would have remembered that the game runs on a cartridge and that modifying it like that would be practically impossible, and thus would only be possible on digital copies. And I'm aware that patches and DLC are different, but it's patching in the data that is already there on another game to make it compatible.

I guess it probably wouldn't work then, I'm gonna have to do all my battling on ORAS then if I want to use my Mega Glalie.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What is the easiest way to make the Rainbow Pokeblock +? I know Serebii says "Mix strong berries of four colours together" and as vaguely helpful as that is, fortunately they have an additional link telling you exactly what berries do what:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/pokeblock.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/berries.shtml

So my question is this, since there's only two berries that Always result in a Pokeblock plus, how does that work? I assume I can't mix four of those two berries together to get the poke block plus, so I would have to mix it with two Very Common (or common) berries as well, OR is it like the mulch from X and Y and I would only need to pick ONE of the berries that result in "Always" making a rainbow poke block plus and then any other 3 berries because it doesn't matter? (Cause in X and Y, making the mulch only required one Kee or Maranga berry and any two other berries at all to make the best mulch)

Now, having said that, it's kinda a moot point since I have every single berry EXCEPT most of the ones that result in Common, Very Common or Always, so if anyone can trade me Leichi, Ganlon, Salac, Petaya, Apicot, LAnsat, Starf, Micle, Custap, Jaboca, Rowap or Maranga Berries, please PM me as I need them! (Can trade Enigma or Kee berries, as well as any other berry NOT listed. Yes, I DID already put a thread in the trade center for this issue, but it says it was moved but it was apparently deleted because the link takes me to the message saying the thread was deleted)

I'm ready to do contest now and want to make the Cosplay Pikachu the one I use in all the contests so I want the fastest way to make Pokeblocks for to raise all it's stats.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Are the legendaries' natures fixed when you receive a text before heading towards the Gold Ring or once you've interacted with the Gold Ring?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Are the legendaries' natures fixed when you receive a text before heading towards the Gold Ring or once you've interacted with the Gold Ring?

The nature isn't fixed when you're headed towards the portal; it's determined when you encounter the Pokemon (when the battle starts).

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • What is the easiest way to make the Rainbow Pokeblock +? I know Serebii says "Mix strong berries of four colours together" and as vaguely helpful as that is, fortunately they have an additional link telling you exactly what berries do what:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/pokeblock.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/berries.shtml

So my question is this, since there's only two berries that Always result in a Pokeblock plus, how does that work? I assume I can't mix four of those two berries together to get the poke block plus, so I would have to mix it with two Very Common (or common) berries as well, OR is it like the mulch from X and Y and I would only need to pick ONE of the berries that result in "Always" making a rainbow poke block plus and then any other 3 berries because it doesn't matter? (Cause in X and Y, making the mulch only required one Kee or Maranga berry and any two other berries at all to make the best mulch)

Now, having said that, it's kinda a moot point since I have every single berry EXCEPT most of the ones that result in Common, Very Common or Always, so if anyone can trade me Leichi, Ganlon, Salac, Petaya, Apicot, LAnsat, Starf, Micle, Custap, Jaboca, Rowap or Maranga Berries, please PM me as I need them! (Can trade Enigma or Kee berries, as well as any other berry NOT listed. Yes, I DID already put a thread in the trade center for this issue, but it says it was moved but it was apparently deleted because the link takes me to the message saying the thread was deleted)

I'm ready to do contest now and want to make the Cosplay Pikachu the one I use in all the contests so I want the fastest way to make Pokeblocks for to raise all it's stats.

best thing i can say is experiment. there really isnt a set combination to get pokeblok+ because i get them off and on with the first few berries. the quickest way would be use 4 different colored berries and hope for the best.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I've another good question: I've heard that you could find a Spiritomb in Sea Mauville, but the thing is, how do you encounter one of those??

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I've another good question: I've heard that you could find a Spiritomb in Sea Mauville, but the thing is, how do you encounter one of those??
    Have you found any of the room keys? Once you unlock Room 4, check the bookshelf, then open your bag. Upon exiting, Spiritomb appears.

Years
  • I've got a question. I received the Eon Ticket and want to shiny hunt Latios. But my question, do I have to save before I talk to Norman or can I also save after I arrived on the island with that sailor? I hope my question is clear..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back