• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there any Pokemon in the game that can learn both False Swipe and a move that causes the sleep status (on opponent)?

besides Smeargle, there's also Gallade (which is what I use as my main capture pokemon. It's even better in ORAS because it can mega evolve) Gallage can also learn Thunder Wave for those pokemon that are immune to sleep moves.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • If you're looking for Pokémon using the DexNav, then chances are that their first moves are replaced with Egg Moves (if there's a red exclamation mark on it). You can actually see what their first moves will be on the DexNav's [First Move] on the lower-left side of the screen.

So if you want to capture 'mons with attack moves in the early routes, then just avoid capturing those with Special (Egg) Moves. ^^

Yeah I figured out the DexNav thing. I got a little mad my brother got Fire Fang and I got Thunder Fang, guess mines still good but ye.

Well I found another Tailow, but I acitently hit Enter without Nicknaming it (What happened to confirming Nicknames?), traded that away, found another, and killed it. But my first Tailow now knows Quick attack. Still would be cool to have my female (Oura) and get a male (Mikros) because why not, haha. But thanks, didn't know those were egg moves.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • That is absolutely true. A bit annoying, but yeah you have to do it.
    I wouldn't find it annoying, because I'm trying to find a reason for me to kill off Deoxys the first time I face it, so I can catch it again after beating the Elite Four again, because I was initially planning to stop playing Omega Ruby if I happen to catch both Rayquaza and Deoxys with good natures at the same time during the Delta Episode in order to obtain an achievement. One thing that does bother me about this tactic is that after beating the Elite Four the second time, do I obtain a Sinnoh starter, or is that under certain amount of times?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't find it annoying, because I'm trying to find a reason for me to kill off Deoxys the first time I face it, so I can catch it again after beating the Elite Four again, because I was initially planning to stop playing Omega Ruby if I happen to catch both Rayquaza and Deoxys with good natures at the same time during the Delta Episode in order to obtain an achievement. One thing that does bother me about this tactic is that after beating the Elite Four the second time, do I obtain a Sinnoh starter, or is that under certain amount of times?

You get the Sinnoh starter after beating the Elite 4 twice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Can someone explain to me how the hell I am suppose to catch Zakrom? I have a smeargle and 2 other Pokemon that dropped his speed, attack and defense to zero and then I put Zakrom to sleep, soak him, taunt him, bring him to 1 hp AND he still breaks out of the ball on the first wiggle.

What the hell am I suppose to do to capture this little ahit?

Years
  • Can someone explain to me how the hell I am suppose to catch Zakrom? I have a smeargle and 2 other Pokemon that dropped his speed, attack and defense to zero and then I put Zakrom to sleep, soak him, taunt him, bring him to 1 hp AND he still breaks out of the ball on the first wiggle.

It has a low catch rate so you will have to be burning lots of balls to get it. Most recommended in this case (or pretty much for any low catch rate legendary) is to start off using Ultra Balls and then after 10 turns, move on to Timer Balls which have a 4x effective catch rate after 10 turns have passed. Putting it to sleep is also recommended.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Can someone explain to me how the hell I am suppose to catch Zakrom? I have a smeargle and 2 other Pokemon that dropped his speed, attack and defense to zero and then I put Zakrom to sleep, soak him, taunt him, bring him to 1 hp AND he still breaks out of the ball on the first wiggle.

lowering its stats does not decrease the catch rate

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can someone explain to me how the hell I am suppose to catch Zakrom? I have a smeargle and 2 other Pokemon that dropped his speed, attack and defense to zero and then I put Zakrom to sleep, soak him, taunt him, bring him to 1 hp AND he still breaks out of the ball on the first wiggle.

I genuinely had no trouble catching him and in fact got him (surprisingly) on my very first attempt in a Luxury ball. Even though dropping the stats of a pokemon does nothing for the catch rate, I can understand why people would think to try it, but one question I have is why Soak? What was the reason behind that?

Anyway, what I did was have a Gallade (and in OrAs it can literally become a mega catcher!) with False Swipe, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave and Shadow Sneak and because of the plentiful Blissey Bases, it was also at level 100. got it down to 1Hp, put it to sleep and then just throw the ball of choice at it (which is what I do with every pokemon. I'm actually using poke balls that match the pokemon as much as possible) and it's working out pretty well. I also have a Synchronize pokemon at the head of the party with the nature I want as well to make sure the legendary has a 50% chance of the nature I want. Don't' get me wrong, there are some pokemon it has taken me 30 or 40 poke balls to catch, but others (like Zekrom) literally on the first try, but yes, upon catching both Regice and Regirock in the last few days I can absolutely testify that the Timer Balls are definitely a huge help, although if you're still having trouble, you can also always do a touch trade with someone for the pokemon you want and now that it is in your pokedex, Repeat balls will now have a 3X catch rate. And if Timer and Repeat balls are not to your liking, you can also wait until night time and use Dusk Balls. But basically, to answer your question, once you get it down to 1Hp and asleep, there's really not much else you can do besides switching what kind of ball you use. That's really all you can do. One thing though, make sure you use sleep instead of paralyze because sleep and freeze give the highest catch rate (2x I believe) whereas Paralyze, poison and burn give a lower rate (I believe 1.5x)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I genuinely had no trouble catching him and in fact got him (surprisingly) on my very first attempt in a Luxury ball. Even though dropping the stats of a pokemon does nothing for the catch rate, I can understand why people would think to try it, but one question I have is why Soak? What was the reason behind that?
    Soak is usefull, because it lets False Swipe hit Ghost types. He's probably thinking Zekrom is part Ghost type, or he wants to capture it in a Net Ball which has a x3 multiplier which makes it better than an Ultra Ball and as good as a Repeat Ball.

Still, since Zekrom should be in a cave, using a Dusk Ball should be the better choice (x3.5 multiplier) and it doesn't waste a turn using Soak.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    TMs location

Hi everyone, i just beat the elite four in OR and i want to build me a baton pass team but i can't find some TMs, like baton pass, wich is pretty useful in a baton pass team ahah somebofy have an idea where to get it and teach it to at least five pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Soak is usefull, because it lets False Swipe hit Ghost types. He's probably thinking Zekrom is part Ghost type, or he wants to capture it in a Net Ball which has a x3 multiplier which makes it better than an Ultra Ball and as good as a Repeat Ball.

Still, since Zekrom should be in a cave, using a Dusk Ball should be the better choice (x3.5 multiplier) and it doesn't waste a turn using Soak.

AAAHH I see, yes that makes a lot of sense actually! Thanks for clearing that up cause I was confused.

Hi everyone, i just beat the elite four in OR and i want to build me a baton pass team but i can't find some TMs, like baton pass, wich is pretty useful in a baton pass team ahah somebofy have an idea where to get it and teach it to at least five pokemon?

unfortunately Baton Pass can only be learned by pokemon by level up or by breeding. Here's the complete list of pokemon that can learn it by either method: (Interestingly, there's only a single gen 6 pokemon that can learn the move: Hawlucha) https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/batonpass.shtml

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    Hi! I just have a quick question about chain-fishing. I'm currently on a chain of 100+ and i still haven't gotten a shiny. I've tried chain-fishing before. Usually I'll get one before i hit 100. Recently when i try to chain fish though, i get to 100+ without getting a shiny, then i lose focus and break the chain. Is it normal to fish that long?

Years
  • So, i've heard that if you use Wonder Trade in ORAS, you can get something from someone using Wonder Trade in XY. Or at least that was hinted at since someone who was doing a Wonderlocke on X said they got a few Makuhita and thought that was one of the other early game bait... Can you receive Kalos caught Pokémon over WT in ORAS?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hi! I just have a quick question about chain-fishing. I'm currently on a chain of 100+ and i still haven't gotten a shiny. I've tried chain-fishing before. Usually I'll get one before i hit 100. Recently when i try to chain fish though, i get to 100+ without getting a shiny, then i lose focus and break the chain. Is it normal to fish that long?
    It's typical for people to get to 100+ in a chain and still not get any shinies.
    So, i've heard that if you use Wonder Trade in ORAS, you can get something from someone using Wonder Trade in XY. Or at least that was hinted at since someone who was doing a Wonderlocke on X said they got a few Makuhita and thought that was one of the other early game bait... Can you receive Kalos caught Pokémon over WT in ORAS?
    It's possible to get Kalos-born Pokemon over Wonder Trade in OR/AS; their Kalos location where they were obtained will even be registered in the Pokemon's OR/AS summary.

Years
  • Yeah, I was wondering about that since I even have some Kalos bred Pokémon in Omega Ruby that state their location that I hatched them at, so I wanted to make sure I got what I was hearing. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    It's typical for people to get to 100+ in a chain and still not get any shinies.

It's possible to get Kalos-born Pokemon over Wonder Trade in OR/AS; their Kalos location where they were obtained will even be registered in the Pokemon's OR/AS summary.

Oh i see. Thanks! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back