• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    No, the person who wrote the first post thinks their trainer name (which can't be changed without starting a whole new game) is the problem, not the pokemon nickname.

That's because:
    1. She can't trade ANY Pokémon.
    She's tried multiple times, multiple friends, WT and with several Pokémon. Including low level just caught ones.

2. The Name Rater won't allow you to use her trainer name for a nickname

Yes I think her problem IS her in game name

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's because:
    1. She can't trade ANY Pokémon.
    She's tried multiple times, multiple friends, WT and with several Pokémon. Including low level just caught ones.

2. The Name Rater won't allow you to use her trainer name for a nickname

Yes I think her problem IS her in game name
    The thing is though if you can't name name a Pokemon "Darkie", why should you be able to name the player character that?

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    The thing is though if you can't name name a Pokemon "Darkie", why should you be able to name the player character that?

That's the reason I used the Name Rater to check it.
    I think there's a glitch in the censors or new words are being censored with the patches.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's the reason I used the Name Rater to check it.
    I think there's a glitch in the censors or new words are being censored with the patches.
    That thought crossed my mind too, that maybe there's something wrong with the censor programming or something. But unfortunately idk if there's any way really for us to tell if that really is an issue, if it is the issue that guy is having, and if there's anything we can do about it.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    That thought crossed my mind too, that maybe there's something wrong with the censor programming or something. But unfortunately idk if there's any way really for us to tell if that really is an issue, if it is the issue that guy is having, and if there's anything we can do about it.

Some guy chose a questionable in game name and was posting all over the place because he couldn't get battles.
    The Name Rater wouldn't let him use his in game name for any of his Pokemon.
    He ended up re-starting the game.
    I think Bradz has 2 choices replace the game card or re-start the game.
    I also suggested in PM that Nintendo be told about it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    I already restart the game and it work fine to trade. This time, I use girl and use Darkie's marefriend, Kathy aka Kathrin. Btw Darkie is not female. And I am not girl. Lol

Here is picture of Darkie and Kathy.

(careful, too large.)
    Spoiler:

At-the-Lake-475572497

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I know this likely isn't a place to ask this, but I don't know where to, so...anybody know where I can find overworld sprites of the characters in ORAS? Like the NPCs and what not? Thanks!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I know i've read a number of places including here that Contest ribbons affect pokemon amie affection, is this verified anywhere? I also heard that this affection boost will carry to different owners? Any truth in this?

I ask as I just finished all master ranks on a pokemon but its only showing 2 hearts in pokemon amie (was freshly hatched previously so no pokemon amie bonuses).

Years
  • I know i've read a number of places including here that Contest ribbons affect pokemon amie affection, is this verified anywhere? I also heard that this affection boost will carry to different owners? Any truth in this?

You are pretty close there. If your Pokemon wins a contest it gets a boost to its affection in Pokemon Amie, in fact I did use some of my Pokemon in contests a lot and their affection like got raised super-quickly.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • A few questions:

1. Is the player usually able to Fly directly to their Secret Base (whether the Secret Base is within the "Secret Islet" area or if it is near somewhere like Fallarbor Town)?

2. Does the boy in Mossdeep City still remind the player of where the player's own Secret Base is, or is there some other reminder system that is used to remember the Secret Base location?

3. AreaNav can be used directly to Fly to other cities and towns of Hoenn, yes? (as in, does the "AreaNav" screen/feature mimic that screen that you usually see after you commanded a Pokemon to use Fly in the overworld?)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A few questions:

1. Is the player usually able to Fly directly to their Secret Base (whether the Secret Base is within the "Secret Islet" area or if it is near somewhere like Fallarbor Town)?

2. Does the boy in Mossdeep City still remind the player of where the player's own Secret Base is, or is there some other reminder system that is used to remember the Secret Base location?

3. AreaNav can be used directly to Fly to other cities and towns of Hoenn, yes? (as in, does the "AreaNav" screen/feature mimic that screen that you usually see after you commanded a Pokemon to use Fly in the overworld?)

Thanks in advance for the answers.
    1. No

2. The boy doesn't do that anymore; he simply tells you that Stairs and Solid Boards can be used to access new areas in some Secret Bases.

3. The AreaNav can be used to fly directly to cities and routes, but only if you have a Pokemon with Fly on the team.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • 1. No

2. The boy doesn't do that anymore; he simply tells you that Stairs and Solid Boards can be used to access new areas in some Secret Bases.

3. The AreaNav can be used to fly directly to cities and routes, but only if you have a Pokemon with Fly on the team.

Thanks for the response. So, to clarify, aside from "preparing-then-canceling usage of Secret Power on a new Secret Base area" (if I recall correctly, at least in Generation 3, there should be a prompt that tells you where you are about to move your old Secret Base from right before you confirm the decision to use Secret Power on a new place), the player is not given any other in-game indication within Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire of where his/her own Secret Base is?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks for the response. So, to clarify, aside from "preparing-then-canceling usage of Secret Power on a new Secret Base area" (if I recall correctly, at least in Generation 3, there should be a prompt that tells you where you are about to move your old Secret Base from right before you confirm the decision to use Secret Power on a new place), the player is not given any other in-game indication within Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire of where his/her own Secret Base is?

If you try to make a new Secret Base in another area, you get a preview of the new base's layout before you get asked to abandon your old base.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    You are pretty close there. If your Pokemon wins a contest it gets a boost to its affection in Pokemon Amie, in fact I did use some of my Pokemon in contests a lot and their affection like got raised super-quickly.

Righto thanks.

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • I am currently dex nav chaining for a shiny and was wondering if the chain of 40 increases the odds does it continue to increase when the chain is around 200?

Years
  • So I've read that mirage islands in Pokemon OR/AS change daily. Will they not change if you play the game into the next day? I usually stay up playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire until after midnight and I was wondering if that keeps the mirage islands from changing. I just want to know because one of the islands contains Ditto which I am looking for.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So I've read that mirage islands in Pokemon OR/AS change daily. Will they not change if you play the game into the next day? I usually stay up playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire until after midnight and I was wondering if that keeps the mirage islands from changing. I just want to know because one of the islands contains Ditto which I am looking for.

If you don't want your Mirage Island to disappear, just stay on that island and save there. I am not sure if it'll disappear if you fly/soar the next day. :/

Years
  • If you don't want your Mirage Island to disappear, just stay on that island and save there. I am not sure if it'll disappear if you fly/soar the next day. :/

On the contrary, I want the mirage islands to change. Currently the mirage island that is present in my game does not house Ditto. I wanted to know that if I were to play the game after midnight, would it keep the mirage island from changing. Basically, can the mirage islands/caves still change even if you're in-game? Or do they stay the same for another whole day since I didn't quit the game?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    On the contrary, I want the mirage islands to change. Currently the mirage island that is present in my game does not house Ditto. I wanted to know that if I were to play the game after midnight, would it keep the mirage island from changing. Basically, can the mirage islands/caves still change even if you're in-game? Or do they stay the same for another whole day since I didn't quit the game?

Ah, so that was what you meant. Yeah, iirc they do change at midnight even when you're playing.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Ah, so that was what you meant. Yeah, iirc they do change at midnight even when you're playing.

Ahh didnt realise that I thought they only changed when you connected to the internet and updated via the news channel on the dexnav.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back