• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    You simply could PM an admin or mod, under the X/Y thread there are sub forum threads
    there a FC sharing one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I just posted a thread the other day and it was for the sake of exchanging Friend Codes w/ other players. It got taken down, so I obviously posted it in the wrong place. Where do we exchange FCs for OR&AS? I thought it would be in this section since this is the OR&AS forum. Thanks, guys.
    Yeah your post was moved to here yesterday: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8847387#8847387

We decided some time ago to just have one FC sharing thread and have it in X/Y instead of ORAS, partly for reasons stated here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/announcement.php?f=256&a=672

And that when the next Kalos game(s) inevitably comes out most people will probably switch from playing ORAS to that game and so will be looking for FC sharing in that area, so might as well keep the thread there for when that happens.

Also, if you're ever curious on where to post something, one thing to try is this thread we have here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246590

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Will Shaymin Sky Form and Hoopa Unbound revert back to their original forms if we put them in the Battle Box?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well, that sucks... So I guess we can't use Shaymin's Sky Form in the upcoming [Circle of Legends] battle competitions. :/ Aw well...

Yeah, you need to 'lock' your team so it's rather unfortunate that you can't use them for the time being. For now, you can stick to Kyogre and other legends! Best of luck with the competitions!

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Circle of Legends

Is anyone else having trouble getting the digital Id for it? I cant get into it and ive been trying to play since last night. I am signed up and all that

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I traded for a Hoopa over GTS last week and as far as i can tell it is a clone of a legit Hoopa. I would like to clone it in my own game but i would like to know if it is deffo a legit first before doing so. I don't want to go sending out hacked mons', i'd feel terribly bad. Is there anyone on PC, a mod etc who can tell me if this Hoopa clone is legit, well, as legit as it could be?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I traded for a Hoopa over GTS last week and as far as i can tell it is a clone of a legit Hoopa. I would like to clone it in my own game but i would like to know if it is deffo a legit first before doing so. I don't want to go sending out hacked mons', i'd feel terribly bad. Is there anyone on PC, a mod etc who can tell me if this Hoopa clone is legit, well, as legit as it could be?
    We do have a thread for checking that kind of thing here. Some of the info you'll wanna provide so people can verify the legitimacy of it would be stuff like number of perfect IVs, OT, ID number, level and location received, moves, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    Prefered levels to not steam roll Pokemon game.

Hi

I just picked up Pokemon Alpha Sapphire after not played Pokemon games since Pokemon Blue/Pokemon Silver. I remember when i played those games a long time ago that sometimes you could end up with your starter Pokemon on such a high level that it alone could steam roll the Pokemon League and take the edge and fun out from tactical desicions in battle.

Going into Pokemon Alpha Sapphire i there for looking for tips to not end up with to high level Pokemons by the time you fight the Elite four (or what they are called nowdays). I watched Pokemon championships on Youtube and found the people fighting with lvl 50s rather then lvl 100s and this concept is the key for the more fun experience i believe.

So without spoling the game for me or what kind of levels/types i will be facing in the game. Do anyone have a tip over what level is over the edge so i don't cross it for the Pokemon League?

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • Before the first time you beat the elite 4 do not exceed level 60. After that, please do so as you will find things too harsh!

The gyms in the region are rock, fighting, electric, fire, flying, normal, psychic and water type, though you will come across all the types (you should check out the effectiveness since they added the fairy type)

Enjoy your game :)

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Well steamrolling with your starter is not really gonna happen anymore. The bigger the diffrence between the levels of pokemon battling the lower or higher the exp. Meaning that if you only train one pokémon it won't really out level the other pokemon. In gen 1-4 this wasn't the case and you could complete the whole game with only your starter. For example in my original ruby when I only used my starter for the first part of the game I would have it at lvl 36 at the 3rd gym battle. But now it would be a lot lower because the exp gets nerfed the higher your pokemon is than its opponent. Also I reccomand not to use the exp-share because your pokemon will be overleveled even without it. And I think that your pokemon shouldn't be higher than lvl 55 when you challenge the e4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    Thanks KillerTyphlosion and Charizard GR, great answers!

The idea of getting lower xp based on the level difference thingy also sounds really interesting and got me excited!

Years
  • To be specific, only 5th Gen had the system where EXP gain was nerfed the higher your level was. 6th Gen returns to fixed EXP gain, but as the others said try not to use the Exp. Share too much if you don't want to be overleveled.

The reason why is the Exp. Share now affects the whole team at once (similar to 1st Gen's Exp. All), and gain 50% of the full EXP unless if the Pokemon is used within a battle where it'll gain 100% of the EXP. It can still be useful if you need to train something weak and you don't want it to battle much, but it'll heavily minimize any challenge so if you're one who likes challenge it's best recommended to leave it off for most of the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    ORAS Official National Pokedex navigation help

Hello,

I recently purchased the National Pokedex and I can't seem to find a way to navigate it that makes sense. For example, if I want to know something about Eevee, I literally have to flip through pages until I find it. Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be an index that says "Eevee, 84" or something?

Also totally unrelated, but this question just popped into my head. Is it really true that you can soft reset for Shiny legendaries in ORAS? Like Raikou, Suicune, etc?

I did try to find the answer to these, but the only internet I have right now is on my phone, with very poor signal. So I was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks. :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hello,

I recently purchased the National Pokedex and I can't seem to find a way to navigate it that makes sense. For example, if I want to know something about Eevee, I literally have to flip through pages until I find it. Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be an index that says "Eevee, 84" or something?

Also totally unrelated, but this question just popped into my head. Is it really true that you can soft reset for Shiny legendaries in ORAS? Like Raikou, Suicune, etc?

I did try to find the answer to these, but the only internet I have right now is on my phone, with very poor signal. So I was hoping someone here could help.

I'm not sure about the National pokedex, but yup, you can soft reset for shinies in ORAS! Even for legendaries that couldn't be shiny in previous games (Reshiram, Zekrom). if you do that though, good luck! It may take a while :)

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Hello,

The National Dex you're talking about the hard copy correct?
    I don't have any of the newer ones but the old ones had the Pokemon section organized by dex number.
    And sadly no alpha index.

Most legendaries can be found Shiny in ORAS but a few are Shiny locked.
    I want to say the locked ones are Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys. and I'm not sure about Rayquaza

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    The National Dex you're talking about the hard copy correct?
    I don't have any of the newer ones but the old ones had the Pokemon section organized by dex number.
    And sadly no alpha index.

Most legendaries can be found Shiny in ORAS but a few are Shiny locked.
    I want to say the locked ones are Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys. and I'm not sure about Rayquaza

Yeah, it's the hard copy I'm talking about. Since I don't have the dex numbers even close to memorized, I find myself just flipping through the entire Pokemon section just to find one particular Pokemon. Does anyone have a way of doing this that is quicker and makes more sense?

Thanks for the confirmation on Shiny legendaries to both of you who replied. I don't mind spending lots of time on it, as long as I know it's possible.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Yeah, it's the hard copy I'm talking about. Since I don't have the dex numbers even close to memorized, I find myself just flipping through the entire Pokemon section just to find one particular Pokemon. Does anyone have a way of doing this that is quicker and makes more sense?

Thanks for the confirmation on Shiny legendaries to both of you who replied. I don't mind spending lots of time on it, as long as I know it's possible.

I never figured out a way. If they were the 5th (about 450 to 600 something) and 6th gen I kind of knew the range their numbers would be in.
    I learned the pokes gen 1-4 in 1 group so I can never keep them straight.

I finally gave up on the paper version and started just using Serebii.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back