• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is anyone not excited...?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but is anyone just feeling meh about these games? For me it's not even that the games look bad or anything, I just feel very whatever about them. Maybe it's a sign I'm getting old.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    No, I feel you. I wasn't hyped at all during standard pre-release. Now that I've spoiled myself with the leaks I'm a little more hyped, but I still don't think these are gonna end up being the absolute best Pokémon games--although I've got a good feeling they'll be better than what we got for gen 6, at least.

Look at it this way: I find when I'm not hyped for something, it makes it easier for the days to pass by. So instead of agonizingly waiting for the games to release, you'll be able to get them and enjoy them without feeling the "weight" of waiting.

PingPongCirculate

Mix these mixed nuts!
    Years
    nah I am sure plot would be heaviest of all pokemon games... even more so than BW&BW2... what I am worried is LACK OF POST GAME!

Please Arceus give us good post game *prayers and sacrifices intensify*
    One of things I always look forward to is post game adventures. XY failed hard for me in that area since after the credits roll, its the Looker mission and catching the legendary birds and Mewtwo. That's it. Didnt really keep me engaged as well as I had hoped for gen 6. The only reason why I took up competitive battling and IV breeding was simply because I had nothing else to do.

Im keeping my fingers crossed with Sun and Moon. Ive pleased with what's going on so far and the leaks Ive seen havent put a damper on my excitement. But dang I'd love to see the ball be kept rolling after the game ends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    I guess I'm not as excited as I could be...there aren't a huge number of new Pokemon again, and I'm not sure if the whole trial thing is going to work in place of Gyms. I'm worried it'll feel a little directionless. But Pokemon is Pokemon, I think it'll be fun enough. I'm looking forward to it, but not in the same way I was looking forward to X/Y.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Well you see, when there are changes, people complain. When the changes are minor, people complain. When there are too many new or old Pokemon, both sides complain, too. Can't please everyone could we? Jeez.

I am very excited about all the changes and all the new Pokemon.
    I am even more thrilled and excited now that I've seen more leaks and gameplay on Youtube!

Years
    I'm excited mainly for the Pokemon and new features, but definitely not the post-game since it appears to be just as lacking as every first new-gen game. Guess I'll be spending post-game getting all the trainer customization stuff like in XY (and yes, I don't mind the female trainer's default design).

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'm excited mainly for the Pokemon and new features, but definitely not the post-game since it appears to be just as lacking as every first new-gen game. Guess I'll be spending post-game getting all the trainer customization stuff like in XY (and yes, I don't mind the female trainer's default design).

There's not a big Post-game? Welp, that killed my hype a bit. Come on, Game Freak.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'm pretty excited, but to be honest with the entire game friggin leaking all over the internet and with some of the things I've heard, it's killing my hype just a little bit.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm still hyped, especially since we're now about a week away from release! Its a shame to see the game leaking so early and plots being spoiled all over, but I'm trying my best to avoid all that to keep my hype levels up so that I'm not spoiled when it comes to playing the games.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm honestly finding it difficult to be excited, especially now that I've looked at the datamined info and found nothing but disappointment. Barely anything in the dex piques my interest, and at this point all I'm looking forward to is the ost.

I might just buy SM to have something to play for a while, to be honest.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I had some little disappointments, but I would had them later anyways.
    I'm still hyped for the game. Not the game I got the most excited for but maybe that's mostly because of my busy schedule.

User19sq

I felt this way too, bud. But spoiling myself over the new batch of Pokémon, and who I'll enlist in my team, made the hype grow.

If you don't wanna spoil yourself, nobody blames you. But the curiosity over this new region, these new Pokémon, these new characters, and whatever the f*ck Ultra Beasts are; doesn't the curiosity wanna make you go for it? X3

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
    I'm way too excited for it. The trials if anything like in the demo seems to be really cool. Looking forward to it. The story seems all about this cool rite of passage and I like that. Most of all the water starter get's water/fairy typing when it evolves so yeah it's hard to not be excited right now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was excited, but my boyfriend wasn't as much. Excited to the fact that I'm getting a game around my birthday. xD

But I see what his point is though. With so many new features, it felt a bit overwhelming for him, especially to someone who hasn't played the first three generations of the franchise. And with the trials instead of gyms, things are going to be pretty hard to grasp once you get into it. I thought it was something to start fresh with the games and all.

Back