• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me, or is making sandwiches really difficult in this game?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • I never knew there would ever be a time in my life where I struggled to make a proper sandwich. For some reason, I can never seem to put the fillings in the right place and the bread just never seems to fall in the right place. Even when making a sandwich with friends, we tend to mess it up. Either way, I always make a 3-star sandwich. To be honest, I miss the cooking feature from Sword and Shield. I was much better at that and made great meals. Does anybody else struggle with making sandwiches? If not, what tips to you have to get better at it?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I honestly haven't even bothered with it so far. Until I can get the (I keep wanting to call it Materia) special ingredients from the level 6 raids to make the shiny sandwiches, I don't see the point. I ate +water encounter food from town once, and that was before going to the big lake to fight the titan. Only after barely getting to the island (thanks Smoke Ball) did it dawn at me that having to dodge a million water Pokémon was due to the sandwich (I bought it since there was an outbreak I wanted to fight that didn't turn out well).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't even know how to make sandwiches so far 😀, I'm actually skipping the whole Picnic mechanic because I've read that's how you max affection and that's something I'm trying to avoid. The only Picnic related stuff I tried was the Egg move learning, which is amazing, finally a chance to get Egg moves without breeding.

Years
  • I've done it a few times with friends and it was mostly okay, most I've had was ingredients clipping outside the sandwich. But not sure we've ever made more than s 3-star sandwich either. :X

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I made the strawberry jam sandwich last night as a 3 star, thankfully not many ingredients to mess up. Only Level 1 egg boosting power though.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The game struggling and shaking aside, making sandwiches screws with my depth perception. I sometimes feel like it's playing with me by making doubt whether I'm actually placing my ingredients correctly. That's not to mention trying to make sandwiches that are structurally sound...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • There have been multiple cases where I drop the sandwich ingredients. And the problem is: you can't get back dropped ingredients. If the ingredients fell off the plate or sandwich but respawned back in the containers, I'd be fine with that, but no.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have made a few sandwiches both for fun (Like a Ham and Pineapple Pizza Sandwich) and for Shiny Hunting.

For one way of doing the shiny sandwich you really need to stack the ingredients which sometimes won't stay on the tomato or hamburger.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Im having such a difficult understanding of the sandwich system, I look up the for a certain encounter typing and I make it, and the top of the bread seem to get on and then disappears, and then give me a totally different encounter typing, its super strange in my opinion, and the top of the bread part just confuses me cause it bounces like a bouncy ball off....

Back