• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Lillie a disappointment?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    May and Dawn were handled great and professionally. If they handle Lillie as the same as them then she would have been a good character in both games and anime.

Sadly she was made into a scared person who has a barely trained Vulpix (no pokemon in games) and is barely seen from my view.

Unless they step it up with Lillie, she would be doomed to be as bad as Serena and Iris. I hope they make the female characters good again like Misty, May and Dawn.

Well with the new eps it looks like Lillie is getting focus and we have some backstory with why she was scared of being near pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I double post by mistake and try to delete it. But i was having problem with my internet connection, but Kostas took care of it.

Back on topic.

Lillie has been handled way more better then i originally thought. She gonna get a whole lot of character development during the Aether arc.

She has been developed way more better then May and Dawn put together.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2017
    Love Lillie so much right now personally, she has a lot of depth in character and also has so much potential which is currently being addressed.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Looks like Alex got banned again for like the third time in as many months? Three strikes and yer out? Anyways, I just watched Episode 47 and with them delving into her backstory only serves to explain why she developed the fear of Pokemon in the first place. My assumption of a traumatic experience(forget where I brought it up) looks to be spot on, although I don?t recognize the UB that attacked Lillie in Gladion?s flashback(I don?t own Sun and Moon so yeah... feel free to fill me in if you know). A sleepover Episode is up next that lays the groundwork for two things it appears. Firstly, Lillie taking the initiative to seek out her past and Burnet hitting it off with Kakui(will they censor things this time around?). A bit surprised that they?re going into November though for these last two Episodes(that we won?t get to see in English until 2018. Heck the Kanto Episodes still have another five weeks!).

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the new episodes and everything happening. I can positively say that she is not a disappointment. And we still have at least another year in Sun and Moon Saga.

My hopes is that Lillie will end up getting at least 3 pokemon. Would be even better if they were all 3 Fox based pokemon or similar.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • With the new episodes and everything happening. I can positively say that she is not a disappointment. And we still have at least another year in Sun and Moon Saga.

My hopes is that Lillie will end up getting at least 3 pokemon. Would be even better if they were all 3 Fox based pokemon or similar.

Prior to Episode 44, would you have labeled her a disappointment? I must regurgitate or bring it up again that I started this topic prior to the Aether arc even beginning. Goes to show what a few Episodes can do to completely change a person?s stance on a character. Whether or not this little arc is enough to salvage Sun and Moon is another topic entirely.

As for Lillie and Eevee(a Fox Pokemon she?s likely to catch based on foreshadowing), she?s the type of trainer that doesn?t like evolving her Pokemon. While the idea of an Espeon is appealing, I?m leaning towards it not evolving. The reason for this is from all the leaks and from what we know about Lillie already.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    I'm gonna be honest, I personally really like Lillie.
    Watched the video, I gotta go against his words about her appearance, I personally love mono coloring because it stops things from clashing with each other and to me it looks more "professional" and less as if a child got their hands on a coloring book and a bunch of colors.
    One main color with a second good matching accent color is mostly the best thing to go with and her full whiteness is pretty sweet looking to say the least. (sweet like candy)
    Tho the difference between Lillie in the anime and the games is HUGE.
    The way she acts and what not is extremely annoying, worse than Ash and SuMo Ash is awful.
    In the games she's pretty sure about herself, while still slightly very inexperienced in Pok?mon battles, she still stands her ground while in the anime she comes over like a child that didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy but really wants attention and therefor is now using anything she can to get that attention, in this case she found out that "being afraid" of Pok?mon gets her just that.

To top it off, I watch the english(and dutch) dub because watching it in Japanese is just not working out for me (names of pok?mon are different and I grew up on the english names, so it's slightly confusing and annoying hearing them in Jap and not knowing what pok?mon they're talking about) and Lillie's voice in both dubs are THE WORST ... every single time she opens her mouth I want to stop watching because of how annoying she sounds. Yeah, not only does she act annoying, she sounds annoying as well.
    And I thought Ash was going to be the worst thing in this series -_-

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm gonna be honest, I personally really like Lillie.
    Watched the video, I gotta go against his words about her appearance, I personally love mono coloring because it stops things from clashing with each other and to me it looks more "professional" and less as if a child got their hands on a coloring book and a bunch of colors.
    One main color with a second good matching accent color is mostly the best thing to go with and her full whiteness is pretty sweet looking to say the least. (sweet like candy)
    Tho the difference between Lillie in the anime and the games is HUGE.
    The way she acts and what not is extremely annoying, worse than Ash and SuMo Ash is awful.
    In the games she's pretty sure about herself, while still slightly very inexperienced in Pok?mon battles, she still stands her ground while in the anime she comes over like a child that didn't get enough attention from mommy and daddy but really wants attention and therefor is now using anything she can to get that attention, in this case she found out that "being afraid" of Pok?mon gets her just that.

To top it off, I watch the english(and dutch) dub because watching it in Japanese is just not working out for me (names of pok?mon are different and I grew up on the english names, so it's slightly confusing and annoying hearing them in Jap and not knowing what pok?mon they're talking about) and Lillie's voice in both dubs are THE WORST ... every single time she opens her mouth I want to stop watching because of how annoying she sounds. Yeah, not only does she act annoying, she sounds annoying as well.
    And I thought Ash was going to be the worst thing in this series -_-

So u like her or not? I dont understand hehe

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    So u like her or not? I dont understand hehe

I like her appearance overall and the video game Lillie, not the anime Lillie.
    Having a different voice actress for her in the english/dutch dub would already help out a lot because it just makes her come over even more annoying than what she already is.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Good thing I am a multilingual person, I started off my anime in Chinese and English dubs, and then watched the Japanese ones.

The voices are supposedly much more annoying in the dubs I guess. Thus far I am very happy with Lillie's and her progress, especially since she's starting to show her strong side in the Japanese anime now.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Lillie has not gotten better in either games and anime in my opinion. She still does nothing in both and contributes nothing to Ash's group. I don't why the female companions have gotten worse. It started with Iris, carried on to Serena and now Lillie.

I prefer Mallow and Lana to be Ash's only female companions of Alola.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lillie has not gotten better in either games and anime in my opinion. She still does nothing in both and contributes nothing to Ash's group. I don't why the female companions have gotten worse. It started with Iris, carried on to Serena and now Lillie.

I prefer Mallow and Lana to be Ash's only female companions of Alola.

Did you not see any of the new eps of SM. You can't say shes not doing anything when she is.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Did you not see any of the new eps of SM. You can't say shes not doing anything when she is.

All she does is being a background character to me. I don't like her at all. She is not even a real trainer in my opinion. So i am entitled to make an opinion that she does nothing in the show. I can't wait for Alola series to end.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    All she does is being a background character to me. I don't like her at all. She is not even a real trainer in my opinion. So i am entitled to make an opinion that she does nothing in the show. I can't wait for Alola series to end.

Hey, give Lillie a break, no one, not even Ash, is technically a "real trainer" due to their doing a school plotline over, you know, Ash and co actually TRYING to collect badges and do a league, and they only just began to be real trainers thanks to the headmaster deciding to formulate a Pokémon League for Alola after Misty and Brock inspired them. And BTW, she's playing a key role in stopping her mom Lusamine as well (and just as an FYI, Lusamine's the big bad right now). In fact, she got Nebbie to evolve into Solaneo right now.

And personally, she got a LOT better development than May did, especially considering that Lillie at least HAS an excuse for being afraid of Pokémon and initially practiced what she preached about her fear of Pokémon by not being a trainer initially, unlike May, who pretty much hated Pokémon despite not only that her literal profession, a Pokémon Trainer, pretty much requires her to like Pokémon to even bother interacting with them, but that she had to deal with loads of Pokémon due to her dad being a Gym Leader.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Hey, give Lillie a break, no one, not even Ash, is technically a "real trainer" due to their doing a school plotline over, you know, Ash and co actually TRYING to collect badges and do a league, and they only just began to be real trainers thanks to the headmaster deciding to formulate a Pokémon League for Alola after Misty and Brock inspired them. And BTW, she's playing a key role in stopping her mom Lusamine as well (and just as an FYI, Lusamine's the big bad right now). In fact, she got Nebbie to evolve into Solaneo right now.

And personally, she got a LOT better development than May did, especially considering that Lillie at least HAS an excuse for being afraid of Pokémon and initially practiced what she preached about her fear of Pokémon by not being a trainer initially, unlike May, who pretty much hated Pokémon despite not only that her literal profession, a Pokémon Trainer, pretty much requires her to like Pokémon to even bother interacting with them, but that she had to deal with loads of Pokémon due to her dad being a Gym Leader.
    I will not give Lillie a break. Ash is a real trainer unlike her. And i disagree. May had far more development than Lillie ever did in my opinion.

Haters are going to hate I guess even though Misty and May sucked way worse than Lillie has ever been.

That is an opinion. As far as i am concerned Misty and May are far superior to Lillie in every way in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Back