• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there anything you'd change about certain Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Popplio and Brionne - Redesign them to look more like the Water starters from the Space World demo from 1997.

Boltund - Looks too much like a real dog. Needs to be redesigned to look cooler, like Arcanine, Houndoom, and Lucario.

Alolan Persian - Redesign it to make it look badass.

Probopass - Redesign it to make it look less awkward.

Combee and Salandit - Give them a male evolution.

Kangaskhan - Make its baby a Pokemon of its own.

Tyrogue - Make it evolve into Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan with evolution stones, and into Hitmontop at level 20 without any additional conditions.

Rufflet, Vullaby, Deino, Zweilous, Larvesta - Lower their evolution levels.

Years
    every single pokemon that evolves via trade, please allow an alternate singple player method for us lonely folks. sucks to never be able to use a Gengar or Conkeldurr because i got no friends...

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years

Combee and Salandit - Give them a male evolution.

Kangaskhan - Make its baby a Pokemon of its own.
    These are strong points. I especially like the one about Salandit and Combee needing a male evolution. I remember my friend going for a long time without a female Salandit.
    The one about Tyrogue's evolutions is good too.

every single pokemon that evolves via trade, please allow an alternate singple player method for us lonely folks. sucks to never be able to use a Gengar or Conkeldurr because i got no friends...
    Ahh this touches my heart. Most of my Pokémon time was spent alone. I do have friends now who play pokémon but before it was just me. I never got an Electivire as a kid :'-)

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Let's just change all pure fighting type Pokemon to not exist, and those that are dual-fighting to remove that part of their typing.

Also, anything that evolves from a quadruped to become a biped needs to be changed back into a quadruped.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
    I would change Pinsir to be fighting type. He learns so many fighting type moves by level, and is very aggressive. Also i would make fairy types warp out of existence.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would boost the stats and/or add more useful abilities to those non-Kanto Pokémon that need some love to make them more viable, useful and fun to have on your team.

Perhaps even a new evolution, or regional variants to some of them would be nice as well. One of my biggest disappointments with Gen 6 is how many Megas were wasted on Pokémon that didn't really need a Mega, while others that did got nothing. Less Kanto pandering / Fan-servizard and more attention to Pokémon that are allways ignored would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I might have changed some types, mainly single typings to dual typings:

Grapploct -> Fighting/Water
    Electivire -> Electric/Fighting
    Hitmonlee -> Fighting/Dark
    Flygon -> Bug/Dragon
    Goodra -> Either Dragon/Poison, Dragon/Fairy, or atleast Dragon/Normal
    Yamper -> Electric/Fairy
    Pinurchin -> Electric/Water
    Xerneas -> ? (I just think it should have had another typing alongside fairy)
    Comfey -> Grass/Fairy
    Golduck -> Water/Psychic
    Polteageist -> Water/Ghost

I also think some of the grass types could have fairy added to them

faf

Queen of Dragons
    Years
    Give Scrafty more HP and Attack, that's all I want, please give this to meeee.

In regards to redesigns, I'm not overly keen on changing a Pokémon's appearance to my preference since there are people who are fans of the design and I would also hate it if my favourites were also redesigned. However, let's just say the designs were about to be finalized and I were in charge of altering some mons, I would definitely start with my least favourites, Lucario and Coalossal, for sure. Lucario to me is such a massive disappointment because I love dogs and I love cool-looking creatures but it looks so much like an eye sore with the awkward face, floaties, fur and spikes slapped on, weird tail, and the bulbs on the back of its head. I would probably make it a lot more like Anubis while trying to make its current elements flow better with the design so it doesn't look all that haphazard. As for Coalossal, give it one eye from Rolycoly, bring back the wheels, and make it less like a Rhyperior with coal slapped on.

pleaSE
    I have means to trade w friends for the evos but that requires coordination, and I'd really prefer to get them via other means

gotta agree here too. I know it's supposed to be a garfield reference iirc, but gosh it looks so ridiculously silly with that round head still.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    gotta agree here too. I know it's supposed to be a garfield reference iirc, but gosh it looks so ridiculously silly with that round head still.
    Was it supposed to be a Garfield reference? With how slick Alolan Meowth looks, it should've gotten a sinister, badass evolution. If Game Freak wanted to make a Garfield reference, couldn't they have used Purugly for that?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    - Give Phione Calm Mind so it has something going for it. Also remove its (inofficial?) status as a Mythical. Manaphy is a Mythical Pokemon but not Phione as the latter lives in colonies under the sea.
    - give Magicarp an alternate carp evolution and make its evolution to Gyarados more lore friendly (maybe also change Gyarados to Water/Dragon typing to compensate for the difficulty)

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years

In-game trades could remedy this. Just make sure there's no Everstone attached 😉

Goodra -> Either Dragon/Poison, Dragon/Fairy, or atleast Dragon/Normal

What about either bug/dragon or water/dragon?

- give Magicarp an alternate carp evolution and make its evolution to Gyarados more lore friendly (maybe also change Gyarados to Water/Dragon typing to compensate for the difficulty)

I have an idea for the Gyarados evolution. Tying into it's lore a Magikarp should evolve into Gyarados (water/dragon) when ascending a waterfall. Upon reaching the top the Magikarp would evolve into Gyarados. Depending on the region, so Gyarados doesn't become OP/broken, a waterfall can be placed late game.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    • Make Eevee evolve exclusively with Stones
    • Give the whole Vanillite line Snow Warning, not just Vanilluxe
    • Make Celebi and Jirachi Fairy/Grass and Steel/Fairy, respectively
    • Give Lickilicky nostrils and get rid of that fleshy swirl on its head; better yet, just redesign the whole thing
    • Klink line and Bronzor: remove the "clown nose"
    • Make Flareon's fur look more flowy and flame-shaped like its older artwork
    • Correct Dunsparce's category (Land Snake is a mistranslation of Hammer/Mallet Snake, referring the the Tsuchinoko's resemblance to a horizontal hammer (横槌)) and other translation errors (excluding Pokémon names for obvious reasons)

Last edited:

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
    I feel that: Luvdisc should have evolved into Alomomola and
    Minior should have evolved into Lunatone via moon stone and into Solrock via sun stone. Missed opportunities...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Make it that Stonjourner never existed.

But on a more serious note, a lot of CelloX's typing changes seem pretty good, especially the Golduck (Really why is it not Psychic other than that we had 2 other Water/Psychic in gen1?) and the Goodra (It would have been hilariously ironic that they made a type to counter dragons, but the main psyedo legendary of the gen counters the new type) ones. Mega Flygon should most DEFINITELY be Bug/Dragon, but I really cannot see the Dark in Hitmonlee.

Back