• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is this Mauville City?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    In ORAS, when we visit Mauville City for the first time, it can't be helped but to find out that Mauville City is far way different than we used to know (if you have been visiting it in RSE days), now it's more like a big city, which is inside of a big building. What's your thoughts of Mauville City's big revamp? Do you like the old one better?

I was not fond of Mauville City's new look in the first place, but after trying to navigate and strolling a bit, I'm starting to getting used to it, plus, it adds some new stuffs like TV Studio, Inverse Battle spot, and more.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Initially I was slightly disappointed as I preferred the older design, but after visiting there a few times it's actually grown on me. It has way more facilities to offer, the Mauville Hills are a pretty neat addition and there's so many new areas to explore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2015
    I really like the new design. And hey, as long as the design looks nice and you can move around without getting lost, I don't care what they do with it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2015
    I like the new design, because it gives Mauville more of a big city feel and the new facilities are always fun to explore, such as Mauville Hills and the TV studio. And you can now ride your bikes indoors here hahahahaha

May the pedestrians fear our bikes!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    i honestly feel meh about it every big land mark is in the same place. the reference to the game corner though gave me the feels

Years
    Much like Lumiose City in XY, this area was one that took some time for me to adapt to, but once I did it got really fun. And I thought it was clever how they also included the Mauville Hills and that you get to see where Wattson lives, and the whole thing is very well detailed and laid out.

Guest123_x1

Even though I never played the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I was kind of impressed with how Mauville City in the remakes was made to look like a shopping mall. Surprising for me to be so impressed with the design as I'm intimidated by large real-life shopping malls.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I persoanlly disliked the New mauville revam in ORAS. Maybe it's cause i'm so ued tot he old ruby that i enjoyed a lot.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Mauville is more a Mall now.
    I really don't like it. :/

This is one of Cities i prefer as the RSE counterpart, compared to the ORAS.

colter519

Youngster
    Years
    It threw me off, and it does feel like a shopping mall which is kind of weird. However, the compact nature of Mauville in ORAS seems fitting to me when placed along New Mauville and Sea Mauville, as if they were trying to make it into a large, modern, advanced city. Which, quite honestly will always feel out of place in Hoenn. I mean, in Fortree they live in treehouses and Pacifidlog is literally logs floating on the water. It's kind of cool and provides a nice contrast to the other cities in the region conceptually for me, which I like.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Dont get me started....
    I was like oh neat entrance eh? And then nothing it was all the city! As much as i do like it its kinda small for a city and its all in one building. Also the game corner is closed so bad.
    It really is like a mall with apartments above it haha so its kinda weird. And i must agree with the people above i liked the RSE counterpart a lot better as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I prefer the new look, I mean with the Game Corner closed down, that would make like 2 houses, a gym and Pokemon Centre + Mart in and around Mauville. That would suck.

Back