• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

string555

Banned
Years
  • I don't know what time it is for other PCers, but it's somewhat late here and I'm still awake, so I though I would tell a little bedtime story. :3

Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I know McDonald's burgers are bad but I still have them because they're cheaper than any sort of alternative.

Although recently I've been going to Wendy's more if I'm hungry for burgers because I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and get some sort of quality in my food.

not going to lie, Wendy's burgers taste pretty good and you dont feel like crap for eating something horrible afterwards.

kinesis

Sounds like one of them lil' birds
    Years
  • not going to lie, Wendy's burgers taste pretty good and you dont feel like crap for eating something horrible afterwards.

See, us from the UK don't have this luxury and it's literally a choice between McDonalds or Burger King.

The one thing i've always wanted to try is Taco Bell, is it as good as everyone says?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I prefer the burgers from Burger King but I still go McDonalds more often just because there's literally like 3 right in my area.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • See, us from the UK don't have this luxury and it's literally a choice between McDonalds or Burger King.

The one thing i've always wanted to try is Taco Bell, is it as good as everyone says?

Taco Bell is NOT good. Idk about taste, but I've heard many reports of people feeling sick to their stomach afterwards. If you want a smelly bathroom, eat Taco Bell.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Never been to Taco Bell, had mixed feelings on what people have said about it. Might just try it when I visit the states this year.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My eating out options for fast food has shifted to strictly fast casual, where the options are significantly more healthy and the majority of the ingredients are fresh. Panera Bread, Saladworks, Pei Wei, and Chipotle are staples in my lunch outings.

I still crave Whoppers, though. Those are the best burgers.

Last edited:

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I've never had any real problems eating taco bell food, and it does taste good, at least to me.

I haven't been to a Wendy's in a long time, I wish I had one closer to me. :/

The thing I don't get is why so many people absolutely love In N Out. Don't get me wrong, their food tastes good, but it's just not that amazing (Not to mention overpriced).

And on a similar note, ever since minimum wage increased, fast food prices are ridiculous. :/

kinesis

Years
  • I've never had any real problems eating taco bell food, and it does taste good, at least to me.

I haven't been to a Wendy's in a long time, I wish I had one closer to me. :/

The thing I don't get is why so many people absolutely love In N Out. Don't get me wrong, their food tastes good, but it's just not that amazing (Not to mention overpriced).

And on a similar note, ever since minimum wage increased, fast food prices are ridiculous. :/

Why, how expensive is it over there? Burger King seems to be the most expensive for us, but in Maccies you're only looking at 5-7 quid for a large meal.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Taking a break until next week from all potato based foods.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Why, how expensive is it over there? Burger King seems to be the most expensive for us, but in Maccies you're only looking at 5-7 quid for a large meal.

> only

£5-7 is a huge amount in my mind for one single meal which is supposed to be from a cheap fast food place. Many of my friends would agree too that while Maccies is convenient and maybe almost tasty at times, it's by no stretch of the imagination cheap. Then again I'm still kinda used to student budgeting and forget that I can splash out slightly more now so whatever, but I'd never associate Maccies with "cheap" in this country.

I'll agree with you though that BK is mad expensive, with KFC (the best of the three hands down) close behind.

kinesis

Years
  • > only

£5-7 is a huge amount in my mind for one single meal which is supposed to be from a cheap fast food place. Many of my friends would agree too that while Maccies is convenient and maybe almost tasty at times, it's by no stretch of the imagination cheap. Then again I'm still kinda used to student budgeting and forget that I can splash out slightly more now so whatever, but I'd never associate Maccies with "cheap" in this country.

I'll agree with you though that BK is mad expensive, with KFC (the best of the three hands down) close behind.

Hahaha yeah I guess you're right there, I was using it more as a point of reference they could use if they replied. I can't remember the last time I actually bought a large meal from Maccies - everyone knows you just use those 1.99 Big Mac + Medium Fries vouchers you can get pretty much anywhere.

I usually chuck a double cheeseburger on top and it's like £3.50 in total, which is probably why I think it to be so cheap.

KFC is the dogs doodars but the fries flop it for me every time.

Years
  • I once paid $40 for two plush lobsters at the airport here because I collect lobster plush.
    So yea, expensive.

Years
  • Granted, it's been a while since I've been to McDonalds, but I still think of it as the kind of place where you should be able to get more than one burger for $6.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back