• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny-Totodile

Totodile!
Years
  • So, I ran my fourth trail marathon yesterday. I have never hurt that bad at a marathon. Honesty, I felt like I couldn't get up this morning. Missed church and everything.

That's what I get for not training.

Shiny-Totodile

Totodile!
    Years
  • I think its impressive enough that you ran a marathon without training

Yeah, but what I meant by that is I didn't train for that particular distance. I run 5ks, 8ks, and 5 milers a lot but half marathons and full, and even more so, ultras, are very rare for me to do. I can normally move right good in a half marathon but I don't do much long run training so marathons are insanely difficult.

I got a stress fracture back in June too so I lost 4 months of training, so it's amazing I could run the whole thing. Had to walk a few of the steep hills but that's common in trail races.

So I've done 9 halfs, 4 fulls and 1 ultra so far. Getting right experienced now.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yeah, but what I meant by that is I didn't train for that particular distance. I run 5ks, 8ks, and 5 milers a lot but half marathons and full, and even more so, ultras, are very rare for me to do. I can normally move right good in a half marathon but I don't do much long run training so marathons are insanely difficult.

I got a stress fracture back in June too so I lost 4 months of training, so it's amazing I could run the whole thing. Had to walk a few of the steep hills but that's common in trail races.

So I've done 9 halfs, 4 fulls and 1 ultra so far. Getting right experienced now.

I see. Well Im glad you were able to finish! Is it common for people not to finish?

Also what got you into running?

Shiny-Totodile

Totodile!
    Years
  • I see. Well Im glad you were able to finish! Is it common for people not to finish?

Also what got you into running?

I think most people finish. The drop out rate might be a little higher due to the rough terrain but the cut off time is very generous. You can walk most of it and still make it. I don't want to do that though, I like running and trying to get my best time.

I got into running 5 years ago. A guy used to run by my house a lot and it was my introduction to endurance running as I wanted to beat him. I started running a mile a day and entered my first 5k but I was terrible. Found out a mile a day isn't going to cut it. Now I run a whole lot more than that, about 40 a week. I love it, it turned into an obsession right fast. :P

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I think most people finish. The drop out rate might be a little higher due to the rough terrain but the cut off time is very generous. You can walk most of it and still make it. I don't want to do that though, I like running and trying to get my best time.

I got into running 5 years ago. A guy used to run by my house a lot and it was my introduction to endurance running as I wanted to beat him. I started running a mile a day and entered my first 5k but I was terrible. Found out a mile a day isn't going to cut it. Now I run a whole lot more than that, about 40 a week. I love it, it turned into an obsession right fast. :P

Ive heard running becomes addicting. For me its the opposite lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back