• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Any anime y'all are looking forward to that's starting up soon?

skilled teaser takagi-san s2!! (wow this post actually reminded me that it would be airing in a few hours)

i always love these kind of animes. makes me laugh and cringe at the same time, its wonderful

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
skilled teaser takagi-san s2!! (wow this post actually reminded me that it would be airing in a few hours)

i always love these kind of animes. makes me laugh and cringe at the same time, its wonderful

I'd never heard of this anime before but it looks so cute! I'll definitely have to look into it more.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I.. just discovered that Gundam vs. Hello Kitty is a real thing that exists.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I just didn't realize it would extend that far - that's like some proper left field crossover-ing in my mind. Now that the initial shock has worn off I'm not terribly surprised that it exists, but I'm also still like wtf if Hello Kitty is officially Gundam canon than what's next???

I don't doubt for a moment that there are more outlandish tho. .____.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
Years
Been watching Hunter X Hunter (1999) and really liking it so far, Killua and Gon have me smiling from time to time, Leorio makes me want to hit him upside the head but I still laugh sometimes at him and Kurapika is pretty cool too.

Got done with Digimon Adventure Tri awhile back and it was pretty good.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Yea they're pretty cool. Leorio reminds me of Brock sometimes lol.

Just got up to ep 50 now, and it's getting even better.
HxH is good shit man, do watch the 2011 version if you got the time too. Chimera Ant arc is one of the best written arcs in shounen imo and the final arc kinda ends things on a decent note, too.

I'm really liking this season of anime. It's amazing how many good anime there are this year, and I'm very impressed.

I know, right?! Watching just Vinland Saga and Fire Force for now, but they're really good so far imo. Especially Vinland, every episode has been fantastic imo. Interested in picking up Dr. Stone and Kimetsu no Yaiba sometime soon too, heard they're really good.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Been watching Hunter X Hunter (1999) and really liking it so far, Killua and Gon have me smiling from time to time, Leorio makes me want to hit him upside the head but I still laugh sometimes at him and Kurapika is pretty cool too.

I loved the '99 series, it was one of my first anime fandoms (the first I watched after Pokemon and Detective Conan in Arabic when I knew what anime was!).

There's rarely filler, but when there is, it's some of the best stuff the series has to offer because it's so rich and necessary and beautiful (the episodes on Whale Island where Killua learns to value life and receives genuine maternal affection is so beautiful...).

The colour scheme is so moody and the way angles and perspective are used is so theatric, Nippon animation was also the studio responsible for World Masterpiece Theatwr anime and it shows—they make up for limited budgets (and off model art here and there) with sheer style and Ghibli-like attention to detail and human emotions and body language. I recommend their other anime like Romeo's Blue Skies (warning: endearing and with a beautifully deep friendship like Gon and Killua's, but VERY heavy, it's about children working as chimney sweeps...)

(For a pokeani treat, hunt down the pilot episode of Hunter x Hunter to hear Gon voiced by Matsumoto Rica [Ash/Satoshi's seiyuu!], it's so cute and feels just like him, trying to save the fox-bear cub from being killed...)

It only goes up to Greed Island, so you gotta switch to HXH 2011 for Chimera Ant Arc and New Chairman Election Arc, but the crisp and clean modern art and animation is also beautiful, if less artsy and the angles more mundane (not as much unique direction, BUT very consistent, very detailed, and polished, Madhouse is fantastic in quality with some stylish scenes too!).

The score is okay or just bad in some parts though (there is this weird jaunty piece they use while awful things are happening, like people being hunted in Chimera Ant Arc which is dissonant in a funny way but I don't think it's intended, it's such a bleak arc...).

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Binge watched Panty & Stocking yesterday with a friend. That show was way better than it had any right to be. It is a love letter to all forms of animation. Really weird but really fun.

Years
The soundtrack was soooo good. I loved Fly Away the most but all the other songs were amazing too.

Fly Away is my favorite as well currently, and I've alternated between that and Fallen Angel for favorite since I first listened to the soundtrack 7 years ago. Teddyloid is an electronic music wizard.

A bit of a shame it didn't do well in Japan (at least, iirc that it didn't, could be recalling wrong), meaning we won't be getting a second season.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Fly Away is my favorite as well currently, and I've alternated between that and Fallen Angel for favorite since I first listened to the soundtrack 7 years ago. Teddyloid is an electronic music wizard.

A bit of a shame it didn't do well in Japan (at least, iirc that it didn't, could be recalling wrong), meaning we won't be getting a second season.

Fallen Angel is definitely a good choice and is a close second for me that's for sure.

Yeah from what I've heard the show was mostly made when the creators were drunk so it was obviously a lot more vulgar. I've heard some rumors that it was meant to be a more western approach to anime, hence the rampant vulgar jokes and more Powerpuff Girls style, but idk if that's true. If it is though it might make sense that it didn't fly well in Japan.

I do know it was relatively controversial worldwide though because... well you've seen the show. There were some hints back in like 2015-2016 that something was brewing but unless something's come up in the past few days since I looked, there's nothing on a second season, which is kind of sad because that ending left us on a wild cliffhanger.

Years
Fallen Angel is definitely a good choice and is a close second for me that's for sure.

Yeah from what I've heard the show was mostly made when the creators were drunk so it was obviously a lot more vulgar. I've heard some rumors that it was meant to be a more western approach to anime, hence the rampant vulgar jokes and more Powerpuff Girls style, but idk if that's true. If it is though it might make sense that it didn't fly well in Japan.

I do know it was relatively controversial worldwide though because... well you've seen the show. There were some hints back in like 2015-2016 that something was brewing but unless something's come up in the past few days since I looked, there's nothing on a second season, which is kind of sad because that ending left us on a wild cliffhanger.

I don't recall the drunk bit, but I didn't do any research before watching, I just watched it because friends liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back