• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts Series.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I used to think Days' was pretty bad until I played Re:Coded. Now I would marry the camera in Days if I could, just because it was so much better. :(

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    People say the story is confusing... Maybe I've just been into it too long, but I've never had an issue with it. Why do people think it's so hard, exactly? The fact that there are are side games happening at the same time as main games?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

But I like Re:CoM better.

and All camera's in KH suck ass. xD the worst has to be Re:Coded for camera tho D:. I think, CoM had an auto camera you didnt have to do anything to change it.

Really? I thought that KH 1 camera sucked. But afterall, it was the first KH game, what do you expect?

CoM didn't even really have a camera. :s

Why would the sucky CoM have a camera when it wasn't even 3D?

I don't think its as much hate. The game is really hard to get the hang of and to play. CoM for the GBA has awful controls and such. CoM for the Ps2 I imagine would be slightly easier, but Idk I've never played it (Living in UK)

I agree. CoM sucked so that's why SE created a remake for it.
    CoM lacked the basic elements to create a TRUE KH game.

Why all this hate for KH: CoM and RE: CoM?
    I love GBA version over any other KH game (except KH1 xD).
    It was the first KH game I ever played and I can still play it whenever I want and never get tired of it. That game had best Organization members and it's a shame they died (because of me) and couldn't get to KH2 then.
    I'm a big Organization XIII fan, my favorites are Axel (Got it memorized?), Marluxia (Awesome boss), Larxene (I like battling against her too) and Demyx (Funny and stupid in good way) :D

I'm suprised, Late. Why would like the original version of the worst game in KH history than its remake? You're bizarre, I would say.
    The remake was much better with Axel and Marluxia's awesome voices and extra bosses and 3D.

And also, there is one thing I don't understand.
    What are the points of making Final Mixes when the original games themselves are good enough already?

I used to think Days' was pretty bad until I played Re:Coded. Now I would marry the camera in Days if I could, just because it was so much better. :(

Re: Coded's camera wasn't that good, but not the worst camera in the KH series. The worst camera in the KH series is the one from KH 1.
    It shows you a pillar instead of the boss, and that really sucked.

358/2 Days and Re: Coded were made from the same Rom, so could the camera be different?

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I'm suprised, Late. Why would like the original version of the worst game in KH history than its remake? You're bizarre, I would say.
    The remake was much better with Axel and Marluxia's awesome voices and extra bosses and 3D.

It may be that I haven't had too many chances to play RE: Chain of Memories as I don't have PS2 and it never came here in Finland. But, I have played it (few first worlds). And it's common thing that some people like original games more than remakes. When CoM came it was new. It had new awesome bad guys, new battle system (not everybody likes it thought) and it's connected to KH2. I have two friends, other one played KH: CoM and he knew where KH2 starts, other one didn't have a chance to play it and when he got KH2 he had no idea where the story began and why Sora was inside that thing.
    I think this is enough for this time but I'm sure that it doesn't take a lot of time when I'm here again posting something else. I have a lot of things to talk about.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    It may be that I haven't had too many chances to play RE: Chain of Memories as I don't have PS2 and it never came here in Finland. But, I have played it (few first worlds). And it's common thing that some people like original games more than remakes. When CoM came it was new. It had new awesome bad guys, new battle system (not everybody likes it thought) and it's connected to KH2. I have two friends, other one played KH: CoM and he knew where KH2 starts, other one didn't have a chance to play it and when he got KH2 he had no idea where the story began and why Sora was inside that thing.
    I think this is enough for this time but I'm sure that it doesn't take a lot of time when I'm here again posting something else. I have a lot of things to talk about.

Have you ever heard of something called PCSX2 and illegal downloading?
    You can use these pieces of knowledge to fully enjoy KH Re: CoM if you have a fast computer. And of course, it also means you get to play it for free.

I played CoM before, and I compared it to its remake. The original one sucked.
    The first KH game I've played is BBS. And I played the KH games according to its story order.

Cherrim

Years
    People say the story is confusing... Maybe I've just been into it too long, but I've never had an issue with it. Why do people think it's so hard, exactly? The fact that there are are side games happening at the same time as main games?
    Well, the series is being released on like every handheld platform available and a lot of people don't have access to these games. If you skipped over CoM originally, the reason Sora was sleeping and the base introduction to the Organization was lost. I mean, it's not a huge gap but now it'll definitely be confusing if you skip BBS, or if you grabbed Days as your first game and only play the handheld ones... etc. :p It's one of those series where the whole thing only makes sense if you play EVERYTHING.
    I agree. CoM sucked so that's why SE created a remake for it.
    CoM lacked the basic elements to create a TRUE KH game.
    Wait, what? :( Disagreeing with you there. The only thing wrong with the original CoM was that the Disney worlds were really boring in comparison to everything else and... they still are. (I totally skipped all the non-spoken cutscenes in the KH1 worlds when I played the English Re:COM.) All Re:CoM really added was [blurry] voiced cutscenes and ONE extra battle. I mean, I'm not complaining because Marluxia's my favourite and he probably benefited the most from the remake even if they made his hair even pinker again but even before the remake, CoM was easily my favourite. :/ How is it not a "true" KH game?

Worst game in KH history was totally Re:Coded. Pointless story, horrible controls, worst camera ever, and frustrating requirements. :( As I said before (though I'm not the person you quoted, lol), CoM was my favourite game before Re:CoM and I still consider them on equal ground. There are some things that Re:CoM complicated too much (bad camera, awkward battles) and some things it definitely improved on (cutscenes, new cards) but overall they're pretty much the same game.
    And also, there is one thing I don't understand.
    What are the points of making Final Mixes when the original games themselves are good enough already?
    Well, the original FM wasn't THAT amazingly different from the first KH. It mostly came around because when Kingdom Hearts was released in Japan, it was lacking a lot of what our English version had. There was no Sephiroth fight, all those extra fights at the end weren't in it... and the Japanese complained. So Square re-released it with the English voiceovers, added in a few cutscenes, and added those missing fights and called it Final Mix. (And they also added in some abilities and the ability to skip cutscenes skldjfs ♥. So to an English player there isn't a looot that would make you go "omg must buy again!" but apparently it was enough for Japanese players.

KH2:FM+ though? That was a HUUUGE difference. There were TONS of extra fights added (both plot and extras at the end), a fair few new cutscenes, a new area to explore, more gummi ship challenges, new drive form, etc. AND it came packaged with Re:CoM to boot. It was definitely worth it.

BBSFM has some extra fights that weren't in the English version but the English version kinda pulled a KH1 and had a bunch of extras that weren't in the original Japanese so really the only thing added (that's different from the English version) was some extra fights/arena things... and possibly trophies. I think. (I don't own this one yet since I can't justify buying the game three times in roughly a year. ;__;)
    Re: Coded's camera wasn't that good, but not the worst camera in the KH series. The worst camera in the KH series is the one from KH 1.
    It shows you a pillar instead of the boss, and that really sucked.

358/2 Days and Re: Coded were made from the same Rom, so could the camera be different?
    They did change the camera. And the physical camera itself (like the chase cam, though you have to specifically enable that in the menu) isn't THAT bad but the controls for the camera really are. In Days, you control the camera with L and R which is... pretty normal. In Re:Coded? You press R to centre the camera behind you and you have to hold down R and use the D-pad to adjust the camera otherwise. Which is impossible in the midst of a fight so I was constantly just tapping R to try to see what the hell I was fighting all the time, which can be suicide in a tough battle. >_>
    Have you ever heard of something called PCSX2 and illegal downloading?
    You can use these pieces of knowledge to fully enjoy KH Re: CoM if you have a fast computer. And of course, it also means you get to play it for free.
    I've tried emulating Re:COM right from my disc and it played badly... and I have a pretty good computer. :( I guess out of all the PS2 games I tried, it worked a little better but I'd still suggest importing the game and a SwapMagic or something to play it. Less hassle and arguably more legal.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Spoiler:

Sent a PM.
    Dunno how this all actually started and I'm sorry for arguing about these things in here.
    Some people just don't appreciate others opinions.

Cherrim

Years
    Wait, there's an argument? D: We're just debating and discussing... pretty sure there's no hard feelings anywhere.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Wait, there's an argument? D: We're just debating and discussing... pretty sure there's no hard feelings anywhere.

It may be just me but it was like an argument xD It's just me overreacting. I might've just take these words in another way than others. And I don't want to full whole thread with my posts...

Last edited:

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, but I'm thinking of getting one. Either Birth By Sleep or Re:Coded. I'd like a few questions about it answered.

Which storyline would be easier for a beginner to understand? I'd prefer one that doesn't mainly involve a plot from other games, while having a plot that is still complex and interesting.

Which, in general, is better?

Yeeeeah... a few questions usually turn out to be just one or two. D:

Cherrim

Years
    Birth By Sleep is a prequel to the whole series and is the better game by a landslide. There are some things that will make more sense to someone who's played the whole series but the game stands alone better than most of the other games.

Re:Coded, on the other hand, kind of stands alone but it's not very fun (there are people who'd disagree with me but I thought it was the worst game I've played [not just KH game] in a very long time). It's a direct sequel to Kingdom Hearts 2 and while you don't... technically need to know everything to play it (it kind of mimics the plot of KH1), the overlying plot is probably going to confuse you. :<

But I may be a bit biased since you just pit my favourite game in the series (BBS) against my least favourite, haha. I still say you'll have a much better experience with BBS.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I'm gonna vote for BBS too even thought I haven't ever played it. I've heard only good of it.
    I liked RE: Coded because it was different (posted about this a while ago, so not gonna repeat myself).

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    No, he doesn't.

And I just beat Re:coded last night. Oh, man. That Castle Oblivion was kinda disappointing. :I
    The Final Boss too, I mean, I thought Sora's Heartless was tougher. Well, I still think it ended the game well. xDD;;
    It was fun.

Spoiler:

The ending made me look forward to KHIII. |D

Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    No, he doesn't.

And I just beat Re:coded last night. Oh, man. That Castle Oblivion was kinda disappointing. :I
    The Final Boss too, I mean, I thought Sora's Heartless Nobody was tougher. Well, I still think it ended the game well. xDD;;
    It was fun.

Spoiler:

The ending made me look forward to KHIII. |D

Spoiler:

Fixed

and also He kind kicked my ass in the japanese version.
    But KHIIFM Roxas made me want to RIP OUT MY HAIR before I got glide and such for sora :|

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    No, in Re:coded, they clearly say it's Sora's Heartless. xDD;;
    They say how Sora's Heartless has been evolving alongside him.
    The boss's NAME is even Sora's Heartless. :I

EDIT: I suppose I need proof to back it up, don't I? ._.;
    Well, this works.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    No, in Re:coded, they clearly say it's Sora's Heartless. xDD;;
    They say how Sora's Heartless has been evolving alongside him.
    The boss's NAME is even Sora's Heartless. :I

EDIT: I suppose I need proof to back it up, don't I? ._.;
    Well, this works.

thats weird in KH1 its called Anti Sora. I havent beat it yet in English. Ive been distracted with other KH games and games in general.

Back