• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts Series.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

True basis of a game is. as long as you have fun.

there is a lot of flaws you have in your statement with voice acting, and 3D.

the graphics doesnt make the game fun, or doesnt just make the game.

Voice acting can suck very badly. KHRe:CoM did suck at the voice acting for example. THE MOUTH DIDNT FIT THE VOICES D:<

Look at Mario you dont need a 3d Mario game to call it a classic.

games back in the day were amazing. I think they are more fun then games these days.

3D graphics and voice acting doesnt make the game. Just to let you know that.

and Original >>>>>>>>>> Remakes tbh.

Well, CoM's 2D sucked.

Nintendo's type of 2D was different. Much different to that of CoM.
    I enjoyed Mario RPGs even they were 2D.
    And I said that the 3D and voice acting stuff only refers to KH games,
    but not the other games made by other companies.

Also, not all original versions are better than that of their remakes.
    As I've said, remakes are made to be BETTER than the
    original version. If not, then what is the existence of a remake?

Also, who cares whether the voices matches the mouths? All I wanted to hear are the voices
    and watch the 3D scenes. Why are complaining on a game that has all the elements of a KH game?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ._. I thought CoM's 2D was excellently handled. It was essentially a sidescroller with one more axis to run on. What, exactly, sucked about it? I still haven't gotten anything except "it's 2D and has no voice acting" which just sounds like personal preference moreso than anything else. :(

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Well, CoM's 2D sucked.

Nintendo's type of 2D was different. Much different to that of CoM.
    I enjoyed Mario RPGs even they were 2D.
    And I said that the 3D and voice acting stuff only refers to KH games,
    but not the other games made by other companies.

Also, not all original versions are better than that of their remakes.
    As I've said, remakes are made to be BETTER than the
    original version. If not, then what is the existence of a remake?

Also, who cares whether the voices matches the mouths? All I wanted to hear are the voices
    and watch the 3D scenes. Why are complaining on a game that has all the elements of a KH game?
    CoM was fine the way it was.

Square made a bunch of games on gba therefore they know what they are doing.
    First FF game that was dubbed in voice was X. and are you thinking that FF elements are with voices? FF started on Nintendo. >.>

If KH was started on Nintendo you wouldnt be saying that. the reasons CoM was made on the GBA cause Nomura heard overseas that people wanted a portable Kingdom Hearts game, and AT THE TIME, the only Portable system was the GBA, before you complain on "OH MY GAWD IT SUCKZ" do your research before you talk about it.

remakes are there to make it like the original But they screw up by adding things in there, therefore it wouldnt be called a Remake. Remakes intend to kill off what was the original piece. KHreCoM didnt but KHReCoM was rushed too as well. KHCoM wasnt rushed they took their time.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    KHreCoM didnt but KHReCoM was rushed too as well. KHCoM wasnt rushed they took their time.

That's what I was trying to say. xDD;;
    Anyway yeah, CoM was awesome. Not to mention the translation was also more thorough than Re:CoM's was. The only reason why they made Re:CoM was because fans pretty much begged for it. It was rushed, and packaged with KH2FM.

ソラ

Years
    Anyway yeah, CoM was awesome. Not to mention the translation was also more thorough than Re:CoM's was. The only reason why they made Re:CoM was because fans pretty much begged for it. It was rushed, and packaged with KH2FM.
    Than America got pissed by it. and we begged for like a year or two then we got it here pretty much America wasnt suppose to get Re:CoM.

Edit: It was also rushed too for America.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Yep. I like Re:CoM, but nothing beats the original in my opinion. xDD;;
    I mean, even HGSS. Those are brilliant, but I love the original a little more. xD;
    Anyway, yeah. You shouldn't bash CoM just because it's 2D. I mean, really? >_>;
    Square DID try to make it as 3D as they could, and it worked. That game is now one of my favourites. It sort of had voices, I mean, Sora's grunting and battling noises. xDD;;
    Does that count?

Cherrim

Years
    It had Vexen's original laugh which used to send me into giggle fits because it was so ridiculous! :D I was so, so disappointed when said laugh wasn't replicated in Re:COM. ;_;

ソラ

Years
    I mean, even HGSS. Those are brilliant, but I love the original a little more. xD;
    Square DID try to make it as 3D as they could, and it worked. That game is now one of my favourites. It sort of had voices, I mean, Sora's grunting and battling noises. xDD;;
    Does that count?

I mean I have a kind of a legit reason to bash on CoM for me. I like Re:CoM Better but I do agree that the Original is better cause its the Original game.
    But CoM screwed up on me and made me not like it for years ;-;

It had Vexen's original laugh which used to send me into giggle fits because it was so ridiculous! :D I was so, so disappointed when said laugh wasn't replicated in Re:COM. ;_;

Sucks that Vexen's Re:CoM Japanese voice actor died D: I'll miss his laugh too,

Cherrim

Years
    I wouldn't say the original is always better. :p Some aspects are but for the most part Re:COM is superior.

Yes, it does suck, though he will never be my Vexen. :( My Vexen is the one with the tinny crazy mad scientist girly laugh from COM.

ソラ

Years
    I wouldn't say the original is always better. :p Some aspects are but for the most part Re:COM is superior.

Yes, it does suck, though he will never be my Vexen. :( My Vexen is the one with the tinny crazy mad scientist girly laugh from COM.
    Yeah. But I like the Original over the remakes tho.

Like say Karate Kid Movie :| nothing to do with games tho xD.
    But My favorite actor is Chan, one of my favorite actors are.
    But I will say the Original is better cause thats what made it so well known.
    and I think Miyagi is the best<3

But I like original works over remakes works, but Remake does improve on alot of flaws too :o which I like but still I like the original.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Talking about CoM started again? :P
    I'm still saying original is better than RE: CoM (played RE: CoM for a long time yesterday) in my opinion.
    Everyone has their own opinions. CoM is one of my favorite games on GBA (Pokémon FR/LG and M&L: Superstar Saga were better and FFTA is at the same place with CoM).
    And as there are people who talk about graphics. They really don't make the game and I think CoM had great graphics for GBA. I like the sprite style :D It could be worse.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Okay, so I'm now playing Re:coded and the camera does indeed suck. :p But that and the somewhat unbelievable story elements aside, it's pretty awesome. Currently on Data Riku's third world~

However, I'm having issues looking up the command panels. =/ there's not a good list anywhere except for GameFAQs and looking at that one is... hard. XD I'm surprised the wiki doesn't have it all up by now.
    Anyways, for those of you who have finished, or are playing through Re:coded, what are your favorite panels? Good combos or recipes? Honestly I'm hesitant to fuse any of my attacks, in case I need them for something else. I have like six billion Aerial Sweeps and Ice Storms.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

CoM was fine the way it was.

Square made a bunch of games on gba therefore they know what they are doing.
    First FF game that was dubbed in voice was X. and are you thinking that FF elements are with voices? FF started on Nintendo. >.>

If KH was started on Nintendo you wouldnt be saying that. the reasons CoM was made on the GBA cause Nomura heard overseas that people wanted a portable Kingdom Hearts game, and AT THE TIME, the only Portable system was the GBA, before you complain on "OH MY GAWD IT SUCKZ" do your research before you talk about it.

remakes are there to make it like the original But they screw up by adding things in there, therefore it wouldnt be called a Remake. Remakes intend to kill off what was the original piece. KHreCoM didnt but KHReCoM was rushed too as well. KHCoM wasnt rushed they took their time.

Ahem... I always do research before I argue.
    In DiSC, I'm a "C", which means
    I always search for information accurately and
    argue afterwards. To tell you the truth,
    CoM was good when it had its time.
    My friends told me that.

But since I only became a KH fan in 2010,
    I played Re: CoM first, and then compared it to CoM.
    And you know what? With this kind of comparision,
    CoM indeed sucked. I don't share as much memories
    on KH as you guys do, so I don't care what happens before.
    It appears that many people think that the remake was better
    than the original version, basically on the different consoles
    they were in.

And to tell you the truth, KH 1, KH 2 and KH Re: CoM
    are actually portable with you play them on a laptop
    that has PCSX2 0.9.7 installed. Therefore, the PS2
    is also known as the PS2 Portable.

And, Author, you're always getting the point OFF.
    I did NOT, NOT, say that FF's elements were voices.
    When did I say that?
    Do you know how I compare games?
    I compare them by series, and not graphics!
    The first FF game was made with 8-bit console,
    and then there was a GBA remake, then a PSP remake.

I know how things work with FF. I knew FF before
    I knew KH. Also, since over HALF of the FF games were
    either in 2D or in PSX 3D, I wouldn't blame them for
    having no voices. I enjoyed them very much.

But the KH series were different. The first
    KH game I played is BBS, which means that
    I only became a KH fan recently. However, I caught up with
    things really quickly, because I know how things
    work and I play the series by order.

BBS ---> KH 1 ---> KH Re: CoM ----> KH 358/2 -----> KH 2 --->
    KH Re: Coded

What do you mean by, "The translation was more through
    than Re: CoM"

Does that count?

I bashed CoM because I played Re: CoM first and then
    played CoM and I thought that CoM sucked by this kind
    of comparision, so I bashed it. And the voices in CoM
    weren't even counted as voices. It only lasted less than a second.

As I've said, I never, EVER play Japanese KH games.
    I was originally Japanese, but now I'm living in China
    and I think that Japan had their language directly
    copied from Chinese. I like games made from Japan,
    but I hated their language.

I mean I have a kind of a legit reason to bash on CoM for me. I like Re:CoM Better but I do agree that the Original is better cause its the Original game.
    But CoM screwed up on me and made me not like it for years ;-;

Sucks that Vexen's Re:CoM Japanese voice actor died D: I'll miss his laugh too,

OK, you're messing your point up.
    First of all, you've said that the remake was better,
    and then, you've said that the original was better.

The question is, which one of them do YOU like better?

And how did CoM screw YOU up?

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Alright, is there anything I should know before playing Birth By Sleep? It's not like I have anything better to do.
    Why should I?
    I'm just sharing my opinions and trying to speak
    for myself in defense. You guys misunderstood
    me, so I have to explain it carefully.

How wrong is that?
    Because you come off as a condescending ass.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Just played KH: 358/2 Days today and went to see what kind of thing is missing from my "Pokédex". I had a quess where to find it and now I'm trying to kill it with my low-leveled Roxas xD So, the boss is Dustflier and I just thought it would be as easy as other bosses so I just went to see it without many potions or magic with me. Well, it have killed me two times now... But I will beat it soon because Shiny Raikou event got some more strength for me, I wanna download it already, but I'll kill that boss first!

Back