• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • The Other Sister

I love this movie because it proves so much to society. It shows that people with disabilities can function just like others, even fall in love as well. I greatly recommend it to anyone who has a set mind of what we are like.

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
    Years
  • The Avengers Age of Ultron my brother got me to watch all the Avengers movies so I can go see Captain America Civil War with him I must admit I was missing out on having never watched them

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    The Jungle Book (2016) - Saw it in theaters and it was a really good movie. Apparently due to early success they are already planning a sequel to it.

Years
  • I saw The Big Short which is about the financial breakdown of 2007-8 and the terrible people that let it happen. Ugh, what a well-made, well-acted movie that makes you furious and also confused. Steve Carrell is a much better actor than I ever gave him credit for.

I also rewatched Ghost in the Shell so I could cry silently about this Scarlett Johansson remake.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. Extremely questionable special effects, even for 1963, aside this was a really entertaining watch. I thought it was gonna be some really crappy generic romance... thing....... early on but I couldn't have been more wrong. It did a great job of being genuinely unsettling - it's rare that a movie can take such a natural thing as, well, flocks of birds and turn it into something pretty terrifying in some ways. Guess it's called a "murder" of crows for a reason, eh.

Bay

Years
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Got it on DVD. I love it. It's not my favorite Star Wars film but I do think it was very well done. Love the characters, effects, story, etc. Even though many may argue that the plot is the same or very similar to that of A New Hope.

Just recently watched it on DVD myself and have the same feelings. While I can see some similarities, I think the interactions with the new characters still makes The Force Awakens's story enjoyable.

One other movie I watched was Age of Ultron. While I heard underwhelming things about it, I enjoyed it a lot overall.

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Eraser, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The very first movie that my mom rented for me from the VHS store. Glad to have found a way to watch it right now.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Stuart Little because of Hugh Laurie. <3 The only reason I DVR'd it though was because I couldn't get Tomorrowland. ;o; He's hotter in that movie. fml.

that was on tv here a couple of weeks ago and it was so bloody weird seeing hugh laurie as like
    not house

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • MOAR AHNULD. HBO just aired Terminator Genisys a few hours ago.

All i can say... Ahnuld was being Ahnuld, but Emilia Clarke... yeah I definitely approve. She's totally my type. That loli face she has though.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Got to see Captain America: Civil War last night. Loooved the banter with Cap's 'crew.' Was a bit shocked at how dark it got, and had a few gripes with some of the early shaky-cam action scenes and rubbery cgi. But daaaaamn, does the marquee fight deliver in spades!

However, that said, boiled down to its core, the final act is so petty! Ack! Very emotional yes, and moving, too, but it's no adaptation of the story it pretends to follow from the comics. What leads up to the 'climatic fight' amounts to x person telling y person that z person did a very bad thing. That's essentially it!

Years
  • The Jungle Book. It was absoultely fantastic. I didn't want to see it, because I never saw or was interested in the original but my friend took me. I am glad I went. Truly a great film!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Went to see The Boy with a friend a couple of weeks ago.

It was a good horror film by the current standards, but the last 20 minutes or so has a huge plot twist which wasn't really how I would've expected (or wanted) the film to end personally. It did give me a few jump scares from the beginning though!

Back