• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Alice Through The Looking Glass

Not a bad movie. Don't know if I would pay money to go see it again if I had the option. Actually has a pretty good story, provides a lot of insight and backgrounds to a lot of the characters in the movie. Good sequel...not great, but good.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
    Watched LOTR: Fellowship Of The Ring Extended Edition last night...
    LOVE these films, and this was the first time seeing the extended version of Fellowship. We have the last two dvds as extended, however we only just got round to getting the first one a few weeks ago :)

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    Saw X-Men; Apocalypse last night, and it was pretty cool. Not amazing, but some of the characters made it enjoyable. The new cast also did a good job portraying their characters. Storm was cool, Nightcrawler was adorable, and Quicksilver had some funny moments so I was happy. Also had unexpected Professor X feels.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I watched quite a few movies yesterday, but I'll only talk about two. First I watched Cruel Intentions (1999) with a friend. It was pretty interesting, but I found my intrigue waning when the movie decided to turn into a bit of a morbid romcom towards the end. I can kind of buy Sebastian growing attached to Annette rather quickly because those types of feelings are somewhat foreign to him, but I can't get over Annette being that easy. After having that Virgin Mary article published and making a point to have a boyfriend, even if he's backpacking through Europe, I just don't understand how she could have developed feelings for Sebastian, especially after being warned about him. The whole time, I found myself wondering why she wasn't even trying to play hard to get. She did in the initial meeting, but then other times, she just...totally went with things. I didn't get it. And I don't think they had enough screen time together to form this love they claimed to have, but I digress. I would have just been fine if the film stayed about these strange step-siblings that want to fuck the world. But for what it was, I liked it. Could deal without the "romance" though.

Watched The Road to El Dorado (2000) later that night and while it was good, I just kind of wish it had a different art style or if the male leads had more...? They did good with the comedic expressions on Chell, but why did the guys not get good cartoony faces at times? You know, it being an animated comedy, I would have liked that. But for what it was, it was pretty good. I think I would have liked it better as a kid though. The songs were rather forgettable, except for It's Tough to Be a God. That one's been stuck in my head all day and probably won't leave.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Caché (2005)

I liked it. I loved the open ended nature of it, and how it was the kind of movie that makes you actually come to your own conclusions about the themes rather than give you all the answers. I just felt that the long takes towards the end just started to drag a bit towards the end there. I could see why Michael Haneke decided to do it, but I don't know. It felt slightly odd.

Years
    I was bored earlier today and searched through Sky Movies and ended up watching a film called All Cheerleaders Die, it was awful.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    caught Weiner in theatres last night; competently made documentary that I'm pretty sure I only enjoyed so much because it was absolutely hilarious and there's a level of What The Fuck to everything. I haven't seen many great movies lately, actually. disappointing.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    Rewatched the movie "Safe" with Jason Statham with some of my friends. Since I am a huuuuge fan of that Actor, I can always watch his movie 3-7 times

Years
    When Marnie Was There

I think this might top my list of favorite Ghibli movies. It's so good. The story is really enchanting.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Midnight Run

Probably one of the best action comedies from the 80s. Full of some really good one liners.

The Sting

Probably one of the cleverest movies out there. Really fun to watch.

10 Cloverfield Lane

Holy shit. So tense. The entire movie keeps you guessing about what Howard's motivations are. Great characterization, and the twists and mystery around the entire premise keeps you hooked till the very end.

Years
    X-Men: Apocalypse was not what I would call a good movie, but it was such a cheesy, hammy movie that it was actually enjoyable.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Tru Confessions.

I love this movie so much. It's about a teenage girl and her developmentally-disabled male twin. She wants to be a movie director, and an opportunity comes up for her to make her own TV show. So, she decides to do something about her brother. I won't spoil anymore details for you. :P It's a Disney Channel original movie btw.

Years
    X-Men Apocalypse. I'm not a big X-Men or Marvel fan, so I didn't get a lot of the references. I've been enjoying Marvel movies less and less as they get crammed full of Easter eggs haha

Back