• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
  • I can't remember the name of the last movie I watched but it was about teleporting and stuff. xD; I think it's called Jumper or something like that. XDD;

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    The last movie I watched was A Clockwork Orange. I loved the intensity "Alex" had in his eyes at the beginning of the movie. Malcolm McDowell's performance was magnificent! A job well done! Overall, I think it's a great movie. It would have been nice if the last chapter of the book had been added into the movie as well. It's among my top 5 favorites.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The last movie I watched was The Ring, last night. I was scared for my life walking back home. :(

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
  • I was convinced to watch Fritz the Cat. I have very rarely had such expressions of horror and hilarity upon my face as I did while watching.

Because I'm lazy and my mind still a puddle, Wikipedia says:

Fritz the Cat is a 1972 American animated comedy film written and directed by Ralph Bakshi as his feature film debut. Based on the comic strip of the same name by Robert Crumb, the film was the first animated feature film to receive an X rating in the United States. It focuses on Fritz (voiced by Skip Hinnant), an anthropomorphic feline in mid-1960s New York City who explores the ideals of hedonism and sociopolitical consciousness. The film is a satire focusing on American college life of the era, race relations, the free love movement, and left- and right-wing politics. Fritz the Cat is the most successful independent animated feature of all time, grossing over $100 million worldwide.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides a few days ago. Idc what anyone says, I love it :D apart from Penelope Cruz (sp?), she annoys me.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I watched Girl, Interrupted last night with my boyfriend.
    I love Angelina Jolie when she was always some crazy/badass in movies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If you don't follow me on Twitter, you've been missing out on my awesome reviews of sometimes-awesome films at the London Film Festival. Here's my take on the first three I've seen:

Like Crazy (C): Love sucks; we get it! Kingston, Muirhead and Lawrence salvage what they can, but film only excites when leads offscreen. (Don't understand why this has proved so popular, but... meh!)

50/50 (B): A slow burn emotional wrecking ball. Comedy intermittent, but pathos always strong. Dog reaction shots fab! (Seriously, the dog is the funniest character!)

Shame (A): McQueen, Fassbender and Mulligan pour their hearts out in a sensuous, haunting elegy on addiction and dependency. (So, so good. Not for everyone - especially if you're not into the whole sex addiction thing - but it's so good if you're into that sort of thing.)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I watched X-Men (the first one) last night on tv. It was pretty good, I haven't seen the first one in ages. It was good to see it again, because I am going to get X-Men first class on dvd soon. I didn't think it was as great as the other two films though, wasn't much action in it.

Years
  • I watched Twilight with the Rifftrax commentary... again. I think it's the third time I've done that. I had to spread around the awesome. And the people who hadn't seen it were trying to convince me that the story is really about a girl facing her abuser(s) in the town she grew up in while a boy with AIDS stalks her.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I finished watching Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1. I went on a bender & decided to watch all the movies (except Part 2 :C).

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Was just watching the first half of Moulin Rouge in class on friday. I forgot how funny that movie is. Definitely a must-watch if you're into musicals. And even if you're not, the way it's written and edited is just hilarious. Definitely worth giving a shot.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • To date I've seen Winnie the Pooh, Harry Potter 8, Brother Bear, Bambi, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Spirited away, and the Tigger Movie as well as the rerelease of the Lion King.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • The Three Musketeers at my local cinema. It was fffffantastic. Just a really over-the-top cliched rollercoaster of fun that actually managed to have a semi-coherent plot that fitted with the characters.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The London Film Festival ends tonight, but I saw my last film yesterday: Damsels in Distress. It wasn't the best film in the festival, but it was definitely one of the more intriguing, given that yesterday was the second time that I'd actually watched it (the first being on Sunday, where it was revealed as the 'Surprise Film' of the festival).

Suffice to say, it's going to be a definite cult-film. Weird characters, zany dialogue, a subdued yet bonkers plot (one of the characters' main motivation is to learn the colours; a trait made more endearing by the fact that he's 20). It's a weird film to summarise, but when it eventually gets released, I urge everyone to go and see it: some will love it; some will hate it. But you'll never know unless you see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back