• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Cinderella (2015)

I wasn't sure how it would be, going in, but I loved it. It's true to the original story but is still mindful of the the time period it's in. Plus Richard Madden is in it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • The Boondock Saints

I can't believe I haven't watched this yet. Such a great movie, vigilante movies are always awesome. Gonna watch the 2nd one for sure :3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I just finished watching Little Shop of Horrors. I've seen it a few times before, but this time I watched the alternate ending which I didn't know existed. The movie in general is odd (to say the least) and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's extremely stupid, but I still think it's a good movie even if it's not the type of movie I typically would enjoy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just finished North By Northwest in my film class. I don't have any major opinions on it other than the transition at the end was really weird. Like...my whole class started laughing because it was so random and out of place, but I guess for the technology at the time, it was pretty awesome. But by today's standards, it just comes off as "how the fuck???" lol

The opening credit sequence is nice too. Also, I now know where they came up with the plot for that episode of Family Guy.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • The Taking of Deborah Logan. I'd give it an 8/10. Pretty decent all around. Obviously low budget, but for a low budget movie, this thing was pretty damn good.
    It's a supernatural horror movie, and it was actually pretty god damn scary at times. It built suspense in the correct times and made you wonder. The story started out pretty weak, but grew to be very strong near the end. Mixed in ancient rituals with possessions and snake people to create a strange story that was simply about a murder. The way they connected everything in the movie was really well done, and by the end of the movie, you are left feeling like everything you knew at the start was completely false.

Years
  • It Follows

I was actually really impressed with it, it was really original and exceedingly creepy, but not super "scary" per say. It's more psychological - It plays head games and builds up a really tense atmosphere. There are some pretty fucked up graphic parts to it, though that will unnerve you. It actually reminds me a lot of the original Halloween; similar shots, lighting and music, and it has this "vintage" vibe to it. Even if you don't necessarily like the horror genre, you should still see this.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • It Follows

I was actually really impressed with it, it was really original and exceedingly creepy, but not super "scary" per say. It's more psychological - It plays head games and builds up a really tense atmosphere. There are some pretty fucked up graphic parts to it, though that will unnerve you. It actually reminds me a lot of the original Halloween; similar shots, lighting and music, and it has this "vintage" vibe to it. Even if you don't necessarily like the horror genre, you should still see this.
    man I was gonna see that last night but my friend got his car taken away so we couldn't go anymore. I'm so excited for it.

last movie I saw was Blue Velvet, yesterday. this was my second foray into Lynch's filmography and I already feel like I have a pretty good grasp on what his typical Lynch-isms are, which is a good thing because I love his style. this one's a hell of a lot less surreal than the other of his I've seen (Eraserhead), but it's just as, if not more, unnerving. it's great at highlighting the eccentricities (and danger) of small-town America. its portrayal of sexual violence is unflinching, and ultimately incredibly tense and disturbing. one scene in particular really gave me the Willies. well, a number of scenes did it. this was a really, really fucking good movie.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    the hunger games (the newest one)
    all i can say is hot damn peeta

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Insurgent- divergent series 2
    Comapared to the book- blewwwwwhhhhhhhhh
    Compared to the first movie great sequel <3
    But really i dont see anything of the book in this movie haha theres a couple cool one liners though and im still happy to see the movie! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So I haven't finished this and don't plan on it (I have to miss the class we'll be finishing the movie during due to a doctor's appointment), but the last movie I watched was The Night of the Hunter.

This movie is fucked up. I get that it's risque for its time and that's its schtick, but CHRIST I just can't deal with it. I felt like I was losing brain cells watching this movie. All the Jesus talk is just too much and I know this movie is more of mocking it and pretty much telling me you can't trust every religious person you meet, but by GOD did people actually talk about Jesus and scripture so boisterously back then? If someone came up to me like this nowadays, I'd be running. And the mother of the children in this movie is as stupid as stupid gets. She gets widowed and doesn't trust Mr. Powell at first, but LITERALLY changes her mind in like a two minute span. Her "friends" encouraging her to be with him, especially so quick, are to be put to shame too.

I suppose my issues with this film stem from the fact that I've a mind of 2015 and this movie was released in 1955. But that doesn't mean I can't hate this movie because of it. UGH!!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Kingsman: The Secret Service

Finally got to watch this movie after so long. The trailer was awesome, and even before the trailer was out, I saw it's poster during summer in the downtown theater which just shows a cane, a couple of guns and cool gadgets and I told myself 'That looks cool, I gotta see that'. I came out of the theater really surprised, I liked it even more than I expected, and my expectations for it were really high. Really the best movie I've seen in 2015 until now. Definitely would buy it once it comes out on Blu-Ray/DVD.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Project X

Oh my dear god
    I love this movie.
    I watched it twice in one night.
    I watched it for the first time tonight.
    Then I watched it again, because it was that good.
    I just
    I can't even
    It was that good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back