• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    A little bit more relaxing to take part in than yesterday's for sure. I absolutely loved playing that, but it was pretty intense in a timed format!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Nods. Enjoyed figuring out the anagrams from time to time before. Takes quite a while to unscramble one and create another, depending on hints. Definitely felt rough on a timer.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I hit a strategy where I just had an anagram ready, so I could just post it in when i figured out previous! worked well for what time i used it~

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm biased towards familiarity, even for this event.

Feel more eager to post if it's a thread I recognize

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Also introduces you to threads you do not normally post in. Usually sticks to a few threads. Admits not being enamored with the unvisited threads thus far. Did not dislike them, though.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Well, the forum games thread is as far as I'm getting engaged with the Get-Together right now. It's nice to be posting here on the non-Pokémon games section, though; I don't visit it all that often unlike I did when I was on Bulbagarden.

Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't used another Pokemon forum aside from Pokecommunity.

Although before I joined here I was on a rather toxic message board (not related to Pokemon). Unexpectedly found it helped my mood tons getting out of that place.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's weird looking back to previous forums and wondering if that actually was a good place to be active in.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    ^ so much. Same goes for social media. My mood improved a lot (past the initial withdrawal and depression) once I left Twitter, and to a lesser extent when I deleted my Tumblr and Discord acounts. If there is one thing I learned, is that online spaces with a lot of people can turn toxic very quickly.

(I hope to God that never happens to PokeCommunity. Fortunately... this year is the 20th anniversary. It must be doing something right to stand the test of time.)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When I still had a Twitter account I didn't follow anyone and nobody was following me. So at some point I just gave it up. It's been a couple years now and I still don't feel like I'm missing out. I also never had a Facebook account and don't regret that one bit.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    other than pc i still use tumblr most of any social media platform. not that im engaging with people much, but i like to look at Stuff and its pretty much the only website that still allows you to curate your experience to a comfortable degree. i really believe in being able to choose who and what you see content from / about. it's so much better for you!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For all the years I've been on Youtube I've seen a lot of cool features being cut and replaced with either nothing or something inferior. Imo the user experience is kinda garbage. But the content can still be good if you're willing to put in the effort. ^^"

Years
    • Seen today
    I miss the dislike button.

Knew immediately something was off when a video was mass disliked.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    They said they removed it because of bullying. But everyone knows the real reason: big corporations hating that their garbage content gets mass-disliked for being garbage. <_<

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Joined the Marriland forum prior to this community (as far as Pokemon, anyways). Left when they went full Discord. Checked out before then, more or less.

Had a bad experience with trading there. Cannot recall ever getting such a nasty vibe from someone, online or in real life. Waited for over an hour to try to give them a Pokemon. Spent the entire time organizing their boxes, supposedly. Threw a fit about not wanting a hacked Pokemon. (Grabbed the egg. Saved. Hatched it to check its ability. Reset. Interpreted this as hacking somehow.) May have also lied at some point?

Reported the conversation. Responded that since no rule was broken, nothing would be done. (Agreed on not explicit rules being broken, in their defense. Reported it before the sexism started.) Blocked the person in question (an online first). Still felt very alone there.
    _____

On other social media: Uses very little. Checks Twitter trending topics, viral Imgur posts, and the odd Reddit thread occasionally. Posted on none of those in years. Created a Facebook account ages ago, as a recommendation from a sibling. Bailed on that quickly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back